First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I have an '08 Mariner. Was the fan control issue the blower motor resistor? That's what happened on mine.
Yes it was.
Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Update: seeing as how there isn't a Mercury Mariner thread, I'll hijack tis one. I took it in this morning for a "thunk" over frost heaves and chuckholes (the new shocks& struts didn't cure it) and a droning vibration at 60mph which I thought was a cv joint. It was, kinda; it comes as a whole axle shaft/CV assembly. The thunk? Center bearing. $934 plus tax to do both but the coffee was free.

It wasn't too difficult to throw nearly 1 large into a 14 year-old car, It has had only one other trip to the shop for a heater fan control (defaulted to highest speed) other than normal maintenance. and the body & paint are in great shape.
Bonus after MLK Day Hijack!!
They had a Mustang Mach-e Premium on the floor; $68,610 Star white Metallic as the only option for $795 right next to a Black Mustang GT Premium Convertible; $53,455 the '-e might actually be faster, but ICE 'Stangs are the boss hoss.
I remember about 25 years ago a certain make rolled out their hybrid. It was more fuel efficient, in that it got something like 25 mpg, whereas the straight ICE got about 20 mpg. Price difference from hybrid to standard model? About $20,000. $20K could buy a lot of gas 25 years ago.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Sorry, but I have no clue what your talking about.
I have a stock FX4, stock motor/trany/suspension.
Apart from the brake mis-installed from factory it's been flawless.
Same. 2022 stock XL FX2. Supercab.
I guess I don't know what I'm missing since my last one was a 2000 with crank windows, manual locks and 5 speed. NO creature comforts except for cd player and air conditioning.
But not only do I not know what I'm missing, I don't CARE what I'm missing. I have everything I need and nothing I don't and I feel like complaining about what I have now would be like complaining about the weather being too nice or something. Plus, I'm on a budget. Couldn't be happier with my truck unless it was free.
Sponsored