If Buying Today, Would You Still Buy the Ranger?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Always have and always will love a primary white w/ touch and accent of blacks. It is gonna be classy in 20 years and 20 years ago it looked good.

The blue that I love .. Velocity is quite hard to stay away from.

(Also moving back to Arizona soon … we will be buds soon!)
I wish they'd bring back the Lightning Blue. I like it because it's deeper than than the Velocity blue.

Where in AZ are you moving to?
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I might end up buying the Ranger again, but then again I can absolutely say I'd spend more time test driving....and re-measuring my garage just so I could be absolutely sure what will and won't fit in it.
Is your garage shrinking? :LOL:

Reactions: Doc

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes, if I could get one before Ford started eliminating some of the standard features.

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Is your garage shrinking? :LOL:
Not that I can tell. But the trucks are getting incrementally larger it seems, and that makes a difference in what I buy because unlike a LOT of people here in AZ, I actually park my vehicles inside the garage.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah the Lightning Blue was beautiful on mustangs …

… Gilbert.
I do like the Velocity blue also and still think about changing my Bronco to that color. But the white looks so nice and after seeing the pics of my friends I'll most likely stick with the white.

Gilbert is on the other side of the valley from me. Hopefully you've visited recently because this whole area has exploded in the last 2 years. If you haven't you're in for a shock when you come here. :shock:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
My truck is always in the garage too. I had the same garage size issue before buying the current Ranger...

(2) My old Ranger | Page 4 | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com
I wanted an F-150 but it wouldn't fit in the garage. I was pretty disappointed in that.
Sat in a Tacoma for about 30 seconds and decided it was not a good fit/feel for me. Didn't bother to even start it.
Tried the Ranger and found it fit in the garage (test drove it home to be sure) and it felt much like the Explorer that I was trading in on it (almost wish I hadn't done that, though).
No looking back now unless something drastically changes :)

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
I wonder what Dodge has in store for a new mid size. Supposedly they're designing a new Durango. What would it need to cleanly outcompete a Ford Ranger? Same or better motor performance, same or better MGPs, same or better ride, interior, running gear.. for cheaper.

We'll see. So far, the Tacoma, Frontier and Colorado are the only other mid size options. I don't find those markedly better than the Ranger.

TheRoushRanger046

First Name
Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Roush Ranger
I do like the Velocity blue also and still think about changing my Bronco to that color. But the white looks so nice and after seeing the pics of my friends I'll most likely stick with the white.

Gilbert is on the other side of the valley from me. Hopefully you've visited recently because this whole area has exploded in the last 2 years. If you haven't you're in for a shock when you come here. :shock:
Exploded ???

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef

Midnightmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT
I wonder what Dodge has in store for a new mid size. Supposedly they're designing a new Durango. What would it need to cleanly outcompete a Ford Ranger? Same or better motor performance, same or better MGPs, same or better ride, interior, running gear.. for cheaper.

We'll see. So far, the Tacoma, Frontier and Colorado are the only other mid size options. I don't find those markedly better than the Ranger.

I've had 2 Dodge Dakotas over the years. Back in the '90's, I had a 1992 club cab with a 318 and currently have a 2004 Quad Cab with the 4.7L. I can tell you that the current Ranger is nearly identical in size and dimension to the Dakota line.

My biggest complaint after owning them a long time is the abysmal fuel mileage. Mid teens tops in daily driving. Now granted, the newer generations of V8's are somewhat more efficient. But, I would have a very hard time personally buying another one when there are much more efficient and just as powerful options out there. Frankly, the 2.3L 10-speed combo in the Ranger is what really attracted me to it.