Sponsored

I gone an done it ...

Racket

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
2,261
Reaction score
3,585
Location
Here and There
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
1000035340.webp
💸 on the last day I was offered to 'extend' my Ford ESP (since the one I happily purchased from Granger has expired) I've gotten a somewhat hard to justify lowest priced/highest deductible three year's plan paid in monthly installments.

If the transmission goes and I get it replaced I'll abandon the plan. While I save up a separate amount to use on the truck and upgrades that otherwise won't void the warranty (I can remove tune if needed) that means a turbo upgrade with the associated CVF downpipe is further down the road.

I'm doing this because I can afford to and I'm inching closer to might be the end of that 100K mile fuse where the transmission goes boom.
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

Glocker

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Feb 11, 2020
Threads
99
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
8,510
Location
Boca Raton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
1
Damn I wish I was offered a chance to extend mine. These days I'm wondering if I'm sitting on an expensive time bomb.

My truck hardly gets driven so it'll take me a little longer to experience any problems it might be predisposed to having.
 

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I still plan to test that "lifetime powertrain" 3rd party warranty my dealer included with all sales when I bought my Ranger. In 30-40 years if it's still on the road, I expect the warranty to still be honored, but I'm sure there is some fine print preventing that.
 

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,130
Reaction score
43,626
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I still plan to test that "lifetime powertrain" 3rd party warranty my dealer included with all sales when I bought my Ranger. In 30-40 years if it's still on the road, I expect the warranty to still be honored, but I'm sure there is some fine print preventing that.
Just be sure to keep maintenance records and do maintenance on time.

My wife's SUV is a hybrid and has a lifetime powertrain warranty.

It gets serviced by the book.

If you miss an oil change by 100 miles some of the warranty companies will void everything.

Thankfully she doesn't have to drive a lot so it's manageable.
 

ControlNode

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Nov 29, 2021
Threads
17
Messages
1,739
Reaction score
3,766
Location
Eastern NC
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Just be sure to keep maintenance records and do maintenance on time.

My wife's SUV is a hybrid and has a lifetime powertrain warranty.

It gets serviced by the book.

If you miss an oil change by 100 miles some of the warranty companies will void everything.

Thankfully she doesn't have to drive a lot so it's manageable.
I document every service with receipts for the parts and the pictures of the supplies. I have a portable file folder I keep it all in. I remember before buying the truck there was the question of the Ford Performance Tune on it. And the answer they gave was if bought from Ford and installed by the dealer, it's still covered. So I bought it through the Ford Accessories site using points from buying the truck and had the dealer install it, they didn't even charge me, but gave me a $0.00 receipt for the work. I did have it all prepped up to the flash into the truck step for them.
 

Dr. Zaius

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dennis
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
82
Messages
7,130
Reaction score
43,626
Location
Living The Dream
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I document every service with receipts for the parts and the pictures of the supplies. I have a portable file folder I keep it all in. I remember before buying the truck there was the question of the Ford Performance Tune on it. And the answer they gave was if bought from Ford and installed by the dealer, it's still covered. So I bought it through the Ford Accessories site using points from buying the truck and had the dealer install it, they didn't even charge me, but gave me a $0.00 receipt for the work. I did have it all prepped up to the flash into the truck step for them.
Warranty companies HATE when you do that 😁
Sponsored

 
 








Top