I cannot understand the purpose of a leveling kit??

1911tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru/2020 Ranger
Pickup rear spring/springs settle in a short time...if you level it, and load the truck with designed weight, the tail will sag. I have never seen a 2 year old pickup with the rear bumper height as if it were new...they settle. Designed to do so; yet still will take its designed load without dragging its tail. I have owned many pickups over many decades and none have had the new truck rear box rise last longer than a year or two. Throw some decent weight in the rear of a new truck for a few months...it will settle. Measure bumper to ground with an almost empty fuel tank, fill the tank and remeasure.

Simply observe 2-3 year old pickups of any manufacturer! The harder you work them, the more natural the level becomes.
Sponsored

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Pickup rear spring/springs settle in a short time...if you level it, and load the truck with designed weight, the tail will sag. I have never seen a 2 year old pickup with the rear bumper height as if it were new...they settle. Designed to do so; yet still will take its designed load without dragging its tail. I have owned many pickups over many decades and none have had the new truck rear box rise last longer than a year or two. Throw some decent weight in the rear of a new truck for a few months...it will settle. Measure bumper to ground with an almost empty fuel tank, fill the tank and remeasure.

Simply observe 2-3 year old pickups of any manufacturer! The harder you work them, the more natural the level becomes.
I had a 2012 F150 4x4 for 7+ years carried many loads, towed many trailers, never self leveled out... so I leveled my Ranger ?
Fat fingers little keys required an edit

Last edited:

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
These trucks have an abnormal amount of rake. 3” or so lower in the front. I did SVC leveling collars which just compress the springs and close that gap to about 1 1/4” of rake. I do haul and tow heavy loads but haven’t noticed any more sag in the rear since new and it’s been 2 years

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I had a 2010 F150 4x4 for 9+ years carried many loads, towed many trailers, never self leveled out... so I leveled my Ranger ?
Same for my old 91 Chevy shortbox I owned like 15 years ago. I'm skeptical that leaf springs would ever start to sag 2 inches.

DrewKD88

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
IT Guy
Stock leafs are garbage. I tossed em for OME springs. They have settled but are still very high. About 1.5" taller. I leveled mine... Sort of. The Truck still has a rake in it due to the leaf pack. The main reason was to fit 33's. It works for me.

Dave1899

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercrew Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Retired Living the Life
I'm still on the fence but it does make the truck look better. Some days I think I want it and other days I think why bother, already have a good looking truck...:wink:

Chicago_2

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion / 2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
Does anyone have before and after pictures from installing the kit? I've been curious about this as well.

Sheepdog

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCrew 4x2 XL
Occupation
Retired police officer
The purpose of a leveling kit, is so that people who choose to use their truck as a passenger car instead of using it as a truck, can raise the front of their truck to angle their headlights up off the road surface and into the eyes of other vehicle occupants... ;)

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
Aesthetics mostly and to fit larger tires. However, I think you'd see less leveling kits if these trucks weren't so raked. Personally I'd rather lower the truck. They look good in the renderings, not so much in real life. I use my truck as a daily commuter with occasional utility and towing, and I just don't need the truck to be this high off the ground.

19_frd_rgr_rpro_xl_stx_scc_lgbl.jpg

2019-Ford-Ranger-XL-STX-29.jpg