I cannot understand the purpose of a leveling kit??

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
for myself with leveling kits I just see the guys driving around with their nose in the air that one time they actually put something in the truck--which I think looks much worse than having the butt in the air. to each their own.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
These trucks have an abnormal amount of rake. 3” or so lower in the front. I did SVC leveling collars which just compress the springs and close that gap to about 1 1/4” of rake. I do haul and tow heavy loads but haven’t noticed any more sag in the rear since new and it’s been 2 years
I bet the rake is mostly for aero...after leveling, I lost a lot of MPGs...then adding weight and stance didn't help... :rolleyes:

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Stylin and profilin. Back in the 60's everyone was lowering the front. Then the back, then everything down and then everything up. The ultimate is hydraulics so you can up and down and sideways. When the gang bangers shoot at each other they can duck with their car. Ford makes the trucks to be used like trucks. Maybe they should make a model called the Boulevard for some of you. It would have a electric tailgate. :facepalm:

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Aesthetics mostly and to fit larger tires. However, I think you'd see less leveling kits if these trucks weren't so raked. Personally I'd rather lower the truck. They look good in the renderings, not so much in real life. I use my truck as a daily commuter with occasional utility and towing, and I just don't need the truck to be this high off the ground.

19_frd_rgr_rpro_xl_stx_scc_lgbl.jpg

2019-Ford-Ranger-XL-STX-29.jpg
I agree that a nice shackle kit or lowering blocks would have been the best . With the back down a little it would be perfect. Right now all we can do is raise the front to match the back. I thought of trying to come up with something for the back myself, but haven't really messed with it since I have decided to raise the front for eventual larger tires, so I will need the added clearance.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Same for my old 91 Chevy shortbox I owned like 15 years ago. I'm skeptical that leaf springs would ever start to sag 2 inches.
Great profile pic!

HBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Stylin and profilin. Back in the 60's everyone was lowering the front. Then the back, then everything down and then everything up. The ultimate is hydraulics so you can up and down and sideways. When the gang bangers shoot at each other they can duck with their car. Ford makes the trucks to be used like trucks. Maybe they should make a model called the Boulevard for some of you. It would have a electric tailgate. :facepalm:
1617891357996.png

Av8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Ranger, Cessna Skywagon
I took half of the readylift spacer kit and installed it. Gave me a small 1" level which I think is perfect. Enough rake that I don't squat when loaded up but also not so much rake that it looks goofy. Just looks like how it should have come from the factory.

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
We make choices for lots of reasons.

The trucks design is packed with oem function, capability, and features. Trusting in that, my intent is to fully use it and minimize any modification. My thought... the overall engineeered design is symbiotic so leave it alone.

I dont like boob jobs either.

High power driving lights and a bed power outlet is all the Tremor needs for me.

Last edited:

BlueXLT

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
I felt like I lost a MPG or two after leveling. I can't confirm it though, didn't have enough miles on mine before I leveled. With every mod, It's a trade off. It's the one thing that really bugged me about the ranger and Colorado/canyon though, couldn't stand the rake.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I'm still trying to get past the roof top tent concept, this leveling thing is too much too soon for me to process.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I felt like I lost a MPG or two after leveling. I can't confirm it though, didn't have enough miles on mine before I leveled. With every mod, It's a trade off. It's the one thing that really bugged me about the ranger and Colorado/canyon though, couldn't stand the rake.
I did too because you changed the rake and now there's more drag on the front end. Good news is when I tuned mine I gained it back when I drive normal. ;)

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
I'm still trying to get past the roof top tent concept, this leveling thing is too much too soon for me to process.
tenor-73171169.gif
Sponsored