First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
So let me preface this by saying I’ve never ran anything but 87 octane gas in every truck I’ve owned. Well last night we had some Kroger gas rewards and since it was just me and my son to make our own decisions and fend for ourselves out in the wild (wife was at home), I may have “accidentally” filled up with some of that premium gas you all talk so highly of. After a few minutes of different than normal shifting (truck probably was wondering what this extra delicious shit I just gave it was) the engine ran like a completely different engine. Zero lugging at lower speeds and smooth. I tried like hell to get it to lug today on the way to work up a few hills and couldn’t. Completely different drive and was smoother than normal. I have no idea if the added gas mileage is worth it, I’ll have to do the math. Anyway this was with 93 added to 1/4 tank of 87, so not even full 93 per se, and well damn. Impressive to say the least. I always thought 93 was for people that just send it and those with the fancier cars who’s names I can’t pronounce lol. Maybe I’m starting to go over to the dark side but it felt good boys!

Now to the next order of business, need to build me a fishing rod holder in the bed so I can put some of my longer rods in it so if anyone has done something like that let me know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Shoran12

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Only 91 available out west but it still makes a big difference. Being tuned helps a lot too as that really smooths out the shifts.
Hey now, let me enjoy my 3/4 tank of premium gas before you start suggesting these premium gas tunes ?. This is getting expensive rather quickly lol. You all are bad influences lol.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hey now, let me enjoy my 3/4 tank of premium gas before you start suggesting these premium gas tunes ?. This is getting expensive rather quickly lol. You all are bad influences lol.
In case you haven't noticed that's our job here! ? But the good thing about a Livernois tune is you get 5 tunes and 3 of them you can run 87 on. So you'll still get some hp/tq advantages while not breaking the bank running premium. How that for being a bad influence??

OP
OP
Shoran12

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
In case you haven't noticed that's our job here! ? But the good thing about a Livernois tune is you get 5 tunes and 3 of them you can run 87 on. So you'll still get some hp/tq advantages while not breaking the bank running premium. How that for being a bad influence??
Haha well damn, now I gotta do it. Peer pressure is a bitch. I thought I outgrew that years ago. Guess not. Let me get these suspension upgrades in and then I actually may look into the Livernois tune. I even found myself looking at that tailgate damper the other day on Amazon. What am I becoming?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Haha well damn, now I gotta do it. Peer pressure is a bitch. I thought I outgrew that years ago. Guess not. Let me get these suspension upgrades in and then I actually may look into the Livernois tune. I even found myself looking at that tailgate damper the other day on Amazon.

What am I becoming?
A seasoned 5G member! ?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Shoran12

Shoran12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger STX
Occupation
Millwright
Nice, years ago we built a really nice one for my dads Silverado with a custom fit frame and used pvc pipe where the handle of the rods would slide in. The frame also had a cross piece up higher so the rods would lay down in the cutouts at about their halfway point and then bungie cord a gross all the rods to keep them from bouncing out. They say at about a 30 degree angle from the rear window side of the bed to the tailgate. Wish I had a picture, it’s was a really nice setup. I’ve been racking my brain on doing a simple rod holder so I can get all my rods rigged up ahead of time.
Sponsored