Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I used to think those high trucks with aggressive stance were real cool. Could only imagine the amazing places they were taking those tremendous, expensive trucks! And couldn't believe all those Raptors I saw out on the road. Low and behold, most of that is just cosmetic and aftermarket parts. Those aren't wider more capable tires, just spacers. That's a fake, Chinese Raptor grill. Maybe some leveling and not a full lift. Guys are trying to duplicate the Tremor look with Rangers. WTF? It's all lost on me.

Just like you can't trust a fart after snarfing down a quart of strawberries, you can't trust what you see on the road. Or in the mall parking lot. I don't see any of those trucks in the backcountry.

All that being said...I have no problem with anyone making their truck their own. However they want it to look or function, is fine with me!
Hmm, I have to say there were plenty of Rangers out there that looked a lot like this before the Ranger Tremor was even announced - this is a 2019 - no spacers - more capable tires - step nerfs - better suspension - on a Canadian backroad - not a mall parking lot.

One might say Ford was trying to duplicate the Ranger enthusiast look with Tremors.

2C7342D8-4BA8-401E-B6D0-B72FFA086348.jpeg

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
Hmm, I have to say there were plenty of Rangers out there that looked a lot like this before the Ranger Tremor was even announced - this is a 2019 - no spacers - more capable tires - step nerfs - better suspension - on a Canadian backroad - not a mall parking lot.

One might say Ford was trying to duplicate the Ranger enthusiast look with Tremors.

2C7342D8-4BA8-401E-B6D0-B72FFA086348.jpeg
For sure! And if Ford was smart enough to capitalize on that it was a good move. But they aren’t the first and won’t be the last. Hey, they got me! I didn’t even know what a Tremor was before researching this truck.

I also didn’t know that things like fake Raptor grills existed. I had never heard of wheel spacers. I really didn’t know about rake and level and lift. Or that people remove crash bars to accommodate bigger tires. Obviously naive on my part, just haven’t been exposed to this sort of aftermarket activity before.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
For sure! And if Ford was smart enough to capitalize on that it was a good move. But they aren’t the first and won’t be the last. Hey, they got me! I didn’t even know what a Tremor was before researching this truck.

I also didn’t know that things like fake Raptor grills existed. I had never heard of wheel spacers. I really didn’t know about rake and level and lift. Or that people remove crash bars to accommodate bigger tires. Obviously naive on my part, just haven’t been exposed to this sort of aftermarket activity before.
Don't feel bad Andrew as I didn't know most of this stuff either. I mean I knew you could add larger tires and lift kits but didn't know anything about level kits and crash bars.

Now my motorcycles and snowmobiles I always modded them with pipes, clutches and power commanders. Normally I'd just buy a truck and drive it stock except for a few things like a bed liner, bed mat and console trays. It wasn't until I joined this forum that I found out I needed all these other things. lol

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
If you want the wheel and tire too stick out a little more I suggest getting the appropriate fender flares. Why you ask? For starters there are some states the police will have no problem giving you a ticket for it(if the area you are in has a rule about it). Second it actually looks a bit silly too me if you dont have fender flares. Last but not least if you are going to do it you would be best to buy new wheels instead of spacers for safety reasons. Yes many on here have yet to report a major issue with wheel spacers but it doesnt mean it wont happen to you.
Has ANYONE reported a failure using wheel spacers?

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
Hey @Tremortized,

An M5, a V, and now a Ranger! I like your style man. How about JDM? I'm originally from NZ so I had Subarus and Toyotas. Anyway, get the stance you want, and work that 2.3T over. Don't let any of these nay-sayers and penny pinchers discourage you. The Ranger is so much fun to tinker and tamper with, and drive!

I started with a 2" level. Put 255/80s on the factory 17s with 2" spacers, which caused slight vibrations, I wont lie. Loved the stance but wanted a little more beef, as always. Now 285/75R17s on 17"x8.5" wheels with +18 offset. When the itch comes again I plan to pull the Bilstein 6112 coilovers and put them on the 2.5" setting.

I have an SPD downpipe and was running an MBRP 3" single exit. Too loud for me so I swapped in a Dynomax Superturbo for a more subtle sound. Also Ford Performance tune, AFE charge pipes, Mishimoto CAI, Turbosmart PB BOV, UPR catch can. Did I mention it's a fun truck to mod?

You'll see. Take pics!

PSX_20220329_160140.jpg

Last edited:

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
17x9 -12 offset. No wheels spacers.
Pics without and with fender flares. Highly recommend the flairs if you bring the tire out of the wheel well. This combo gives an aggressive stance. Not like a dude who's been skipping leg days at the gym, lol. Zero issues offroad.

Resized_20190802_173605.jpeg

Resized_20190802_173539.jpeg

Resized_20190802_173619.jpeg

20190816_155248.jpg

20190816_155312.jpg

20200221_212453.jpg

20190816_155304.jpg

Jerry361

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Truck Driver
Hey @Tremortized,

An M5, a V, and now a Ranger! I like your style man. How about JDM? I'm originally from NZ so I had Subarus and Toyotas. Anyway, get the stance you want, and work that 2.3T over. Don't let any of these nay-sayers and penny pinchers discourage you. The Ranger is so much fun to tinker and tamper with, and drive!

I started with a 2" level. Put 255/80s on the factory 17s with 2" spacers, which caused slight vibrations, I wont lie. Loved the stance but wanted a little more beef, as always. Now 285/75R17s on 17"x8.5" wheels with +18 offset. When the itch comes again I plan to pull the Bilstein 6112 coilovers and put them on the 2.5" setting.

I have an SPD downpipe and was running an MBRP 3" single exit. Too loud for me so I swapped in a Dynomax Superturbo for a more subtle sound. Also Ford Performance tune, AFE charge pipes, Mishimoto CAI, Turbosmart PB BOV, UPR catch can. Did I mention it's a fun truck to mod?

You'll see. Take pics ?

PSX_20220329_160140.jpg
That's what I want to put I have a 2.5 level and plan to take off air dams and take out crash bars and probably a 1" spacer for the stock sports rims was there and rub when articulated? Looks bad ass with those falcons ?

Jerry361

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Truck Driver
Hey @Tremortized,

You'll see. Take pics ?

PSX_20220329_160140.jpg
Where the 2' spacers hub centric or universal? The ones with vibration issues.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Where the 2' spacers hub centric or universal? The ones with vibration issues.
Universal will usually cause vibration issues. Hub centricnhave less chance of this as long as it is ballanced from the manufacturer

Ames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Crew Cab 4x4 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Civil Engineer
There is always someone!

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 14.26.04.png
We had one of these on the farm growing up but I don't remember the wheels sticking out QUITE that far.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
There's a lot of problems inherent to spacing wheels out too far, either through spacers or low offset wheels:

- Will absolutely destroy your paint
- Will throw rocks at other drivers' windsheilds
- Will make steering feel vague, and unresponsive. Truck will no longer drive in a straight line.
- Handling will become unstable during heavy braking. You'll feel this most if you have to steer while trying to emergency brake.
- Will bring forward maintenance/replacement intervals for wheel bearings, or lead to catastrophic failure.

Having said that, like many vehicles, the Ranger does leave a little room for some extra width. The stock wheel are +55 (which is millimeters, so about two inches), and there's room for about one inch of extra width for each side. So, going with a wheel that's about +25, or using a one inch spacer (1.5 pokes), can make things look nicer, and create a little extra room for a larger tire (in conjunction with removing the wheel crash bars), without causing negative effects. Scrub radius (which causes many of the problems discussed above) actually needs to move outwards with a taller tire, so this can all work to your favor when done together.

Here's 285/75s on stock wheels w/one inch spacers. Plenty of other photos on my feed if you want to see it from different angles. This is about as correct a setup as you can get.

Sponsored