First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I have to figure out where I'm going for the alignment. I was looking at the 285/70/17's but I think I'm gonna stick to 265/70/17. I would have to buy a 17' wheel for the spare an I do almost all commuting in my truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I called a local shop and asked how much it'd be to just level the front and they quoted me $1100 for level and labor and another $150 for alignment. I asked what kit they quoted for and they said it's made by BDS and the kit included spacers and NX2 rear shocks. I found out that is a $165 kit. CRAZY! Steer clear of Trident Motorsports in Austin TX.

That's when I decided to join this forum and do some research, which led me to ordering the Fox 2.0 kit and installing the kit myself. I was quoted $50 for an alignment at another shop, so I'll get that done once I install the kit. The price I'm paying for the entire Fox 2.0 kit and alignment is the same I was quoted by a shop for just a spacer and alignment.

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
I have to figure out where I'm going for the alignment. I was looking at the 285/70/17's but I think I'm gonna stick to 265/70/17. I would have to buy a 17' wheel for the spare an I do almost all commuting in my truck.
I have the 265 70/R17 General Grabber AT on mine and love the difference between stock. It fills things out nicely.

Tire_comp.jpg

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Made a decision to go with Falken Wildpeak in 275/70. I may get lucky and not have to mess with the crash bars from what I’ve read so that’d be a bonus. I also won’t have a problem cutting away to make them fit if they don’t either.

Fox 2.0 stage 1 installed.

F609EBC0-EA4D-4B69-AE59-0F9F90BD6E3E.jpeg

0572C879-E086-490E-BCE8-4ED4CE37395B.jpeg

00A4CB51-5EFB-4F8E-8C6D-222F0B551932.jpeg

2F5F75BF-F6C7-48DB-9C65-EACB6FB04CAF.jpeg

18988184-6BB6-41C6-B790-D7A775D42956.jpeg

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Made a decision to go with Falken Wildpeak in 275/70. I may get lucky and not have to mess with the crash bars from what I’ve read so that’d be a bonus. I also won’t have a problem cutting away to make them fit if they don’t either.

Fox 2.0 stage 1 installed.
Man, That’s gonna be a nice setup. I have my fingers and toes crossed but I have a feeling your rear crash bars are going to be in the way at lock and your fronts will be really, really close. If they do, it’s no big deal - you can run your take offs until you get some aftermarket crash bars. If they don’t, awesome!

I’m rooting for you. Good luck!

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Man, That’s gonna be a nice setup. I have my fingers and toes crossed but I have a feeling your rear crash bars are going to be in the way at lock and your fronts will be really, really close. If they do, it’s no big deal - you can run your take offs until you get some aftermarket crash bars. If they don’t, awesome!

I’m rooting for you. Good luck!
Ironically enough, I was looking at your build and that was one of the reasons I went with 275's. What did you have to do with your crash bars?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Ironically enough, I was looking at your build and that was one of the reasons I went with 275's. What did you have to do with your crash bars?
I loosened them and pushed them as far out of the way as I could when I was doing the lift. I also removed the plastic covers from the front bars. The passenger side rear bar has a plastic thing in the way under the wheel well cover, making it impossible to get a socket on one of the bolts - I was able to get an open end wrench in there and with a lot of effort, got the bolt loose - my rear bars are super close at full lock - too close if I go off road.

I’ll be replacing the bars this spring. I have to remove my fender flares and loosen the bumper cover to do it (easier than cutting) so I’d prefer some warm weather.

My offset is +15mm, so your setup isn’t that much different. It’s your 1/2” shorter lift that gives me heartburn. My Grabbers are kind of “flat” across the tread and Falkens look more rounded, so I’m hoping it’s enough curve for you to miss the bars.

Let me know how it turns out.

OP
OP
Robisten8

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I loosened them and pushed them as far out of the way as I could when I was doing the lift. I also removed the plastic covers from the front bars. The passenger side rear bar has a plastic thing in the way under the wheel well cover, making it impossible to get a socket on one of the bolts - I was able to get an open end wrench in there and with a lot of effort, got the bolt loose - my rear bars are super close at full lock - too close if I go off road.

I’ll be replacing the bars this spring. I have to remove my fender flares and loosen the bumper cover to do it (easier than cutting) so I’d prefer some warm weather.

My offset is +15mm, so your setup isn’t that much different. It’s your 1/2” shorter lift that gives me heartburn. My Grabbers are kind of “flat” across the tread and Falkens look more rounded, so I’m hoping it’s enough curve for you to miss the bars.

Let me know how it turns out.
I know I’ll be really close and thanks for the info. I have already loosened and pushed crash bars out of the way as much as possible. We’ll see how it goes. I have a muffler shop on standby knowing I may need a plasma cutter on January 16th (the earliest I’m available to have the tires installed). Gonna be a really long week and a half looking at that big gap in the wheel well now.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I know I’ll be really close and thanks for the info. I have already loosened and pushed crash bars out of the way as much as possible. We’ll see how it goes. I have a muffler shop on standby knowing I may need a plasma cutter on January 16th (the earliest I’m available to have the tires installed). Gonna be a really long week and a half looking at that big gap in the wheel well now.
Filling in that gap makes a big difference - you’ll be over the moon when it’s complete. Good luck!

I ordered the ReadyLIFT Intrusion Beam kit yesterday. I’ll post the install details to my build thread in case you end up needing to do the same. Now, I just need to wait for some warm weather.
Sponsored