HoosierT's Lightning Blue Ranger Build

futat2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Great looking build. Quick question, Did you have the cruse control radar/sensor or whatever they want to call it? if so did you just remove it or tuck it behind the bumper?
Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Great looking build. Quick question, Did you have the cruse control radar/sensor or whatever they want to call it? if so did you just remove it or tuck it behind the bumper?
Thanks! I moved it behind the grill with a bracket. Here's the thread on that.

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
So I used my points and ordered Lund Sport flares through the dealership. However, I ended up receiving bushwhacker extended flares. But what I got was the ones withOUT the fake bolt on which is good because it not a fan of those. So...I stared at them for a bit and decided I might actually like them. What do you think?
2F379017-6188-414A-8C6E-7063497665BB.jpeg
This is interesting as your truck is equipped with the sport trim package, at this point the only part left of that package is the rear bumper! When you were building your ranger did you have any idea at that time you would be replacing those magnetic pieces?

Not bagging on your trim or modifications in any way. it was a point of conversation when the better half was building her Ranger for pre-order, I liked the sport trim where she didn't like the extra expense just for contrasting color bumpers and wheel arches.

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is interesting as your truck is equipped with the sport trim package, at this point the only part left of that package is the rear bumper! When you were building your ranger did you have any idea at that time you would be replacing those magnetic pieces?

Not bagging on your trim or modifications in any way. it was a point of conversation when the better half was building her Ranger for pre-order, I liked the sport trim where she didn't like the extra expense just for contrasting color bumpers and wheel arches.
Lol great question. No, I had no idea my build would go this far. I bought the sport package specifically because of the look and now it’s all covered or gone. Oh well, hindsight’s 20x20...

MyK9_8it

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
USMC Veteran, current Secret Squirrel
Great looking build! Definitely getting some ideas from you! Thanks for sharing, I'm really liking the Trigger system for lights.

_Ian_

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate Management
Vehicle Showcase
Got the new stainless downpipe from SPD and installed it today. Took me about three hours. Definitely made it a good bit louder but it sounds fantastic IMO. I’ll get a video tomorrow.
0BB44413-0423-44C5-BBF9-C4F7BBFAFE62.jpeg
6F8AA6C8-6230-4DA6-A877-A808DF90C0B4.jpeg
I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this today, do you have a tune on your truck? I have been talking to some people who have put these on their cars before and they said they have had issues with running past redline and things like that prior to actually being tuned. Any insight is appreciated, I’d love to hear it if you have any sound clips available!

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am thinking of pulling the trigger on this today, do you have a tune on your truck? I have been talking to some people who have put these on their cars before and they said they have had issues with running past redline and things like that prior to actually being tuned. Any insight is appreciated, I’d love to hear it if you have any sound clips available!
I do have a tune and I definitely had to have them revise the tune for this. I could feel a loss of power after installing this before I had 5star revise my tune. Much better after the revision though!

Reactions: Doc

Chrisr24

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Got the new stainless downpipe from SPD and installed it today. Took me about three hours. Definitely made it a good bit louder but it sounds fantastic IMO. I’ll get a video tomorrow.
0BB44413-0423-44C5-BBF9-C4F7BBFAFE62.jpeg
6F8AA6C8-6230-4DA6-A877-A808DF90C0B4.jpeg
Any videos yet? Wanting to do this as well with my 3" mbrp exhaust

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the rack painted and put on. Only slightly intimidating drilling six holes through my bed rails but it’s done.

Going back a bit - your rack is only mounted with 6 bolts (looks like 5/16 maybe)?
Did your friend, the rack builder, give you any idea of dynamic or static load rating?

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got the rack painted and put on. Only slightly intimidating drilling six holes through my bed rails but it’s done.

Going back a bit - your rack is only mounted with 6 bolts (looks like 5/16 maybe)?
Did your friend, the rack builder, give you any idea of dynamic or static load rating?
The bolts don’t really have to do much with the weight that ends up on the rack. IMO this should be a stronger connection than other racks where the feet round 90* to the inside of the bed rails and get clamped on with bed clamps. As to the actual rack, CAD spit out something close to 1200lbs static. Two of us weighing a combined 420lbs stood on one of the three crossbars (both of us on one cross bar together) and made slightly jumping/bouncing motions and they didn’t give a bit. I fully trust it to hold just about anything you could fit on to it.

Devjones2236

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger w/2inch level kit and Fox Shocks with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 265/70/17r
Occupation
Behavioral Health
Vehicle Showcase
Rear is on.
66B3E468-C4B9-4C4B-8587-C4ACB27FD4BE.jpeg
I ended up taking the EcoBoost signage off. And now I want to do the matte black as you did to the ford symbol. I don’t know why, but I just feel that EcoBoost and Blue Ford symbol takes away from the look of the bumper/truck.

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase
Progress has been slow but we’re getting there. I’m installing the Icon lift this Sunday. We got the rack cut and spot welded this weekend and full welding should be done this week. Then it’ll be off to the shop to get Line-X.

03CEDF54-589D-45BE-92EB-7697AA74AE83.jpeg

40E36882-3FC8-4492-B825-EBD19D573028.jpeg

82256417-75E8-4D7E-95C4-B57331618279.jpeg
Did you draw your own blueprints for the rack or did you find them online somewhere? I'd like to build a similar rack for mine. Thanks!

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you draw your own blueprints for the rack or did you find them online somewhere? I'd like to build a similar rack for mine. Thanks!
I designed it myself. PM me your email and I will be glad to send you the pdf drawing. I've sent it to a number of members on here.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Np at all.
7’ garage door
Bed rack is 10” tall off the bed rails
Tent is 14” tall.

You should be fine I think.
Roofnest shows "Height: 13″ when closed". You have 14".

Does the RTT mounting hardware add an extra inch above the rack ?

How has your Condor XL been working out ?

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roofnest shows "Height: 13″ when closed". You have 14".

Does the RTT mounting hardware add an extra inch above the rack ?

How has your Condor XL been working out ?
They already changed the shell design so it’s now a little bit more sleek. It’s working out great!
Sponsored