Fab Fours ACC Relocation Bracket Installed

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
I mentioned that I installed this in my build thread. However, I had my cowl off today and grabbed a pic for anyone who is needing to relocate their ACC. I was after something cheaper than the ADD bracket and when shopping for new bumpers, I noticed this on their description:
NOTES:
** Relocation bracket is required for adaptive cruise control for 2019 Ranger (M5350-1).

As such, I searched ā€œFab Fours M5350-1ā€ and found the bracket available from a few places. Itā€™s $99 and swivels so that you can adjust the angle of the sensor. Iā€™m very happy with the product. I will say this, you DO have to drill four holes into the support beam to use this. It comes with self-tapping screws for installation. Let me know if you have any questions.
84F1B574-A081-41F4-9545-11B3E2AE8326.jpeg
6551B0EB-1CAE-492F-BC5F-32F3BEF75F68.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
$99 for a bracket so specific doesnā€™t seem bad at all, and it almost looks like it should be there.

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I mentioned that I installed this in my build thread. However, I had my cowl off today and grabbed a pic for anyone who is needing to relocate their ACC. I was after something cheaper than the ADD bracket and when shopping for new bumpers, I noticed this on their description:
NOTES:
** Relocation bracket is required for adaptive cruise control for 2019 Ranger (M5350-1).
As such, I searched ā€œFab Fours M5350-1ā€ and found the bracket available from a few places. Itā€™s $99 and swivels so that you can adjust the angle of the sensor. Iā€™m very happy with the product. I will say this, you DO have to drill four holes into the support beam to use this. It comes with self-tapping screws for installation. Let me know if you have any questions.
84F1B574-A081-41F4-9545-11B3E2AE8326.jpeg
6551B0EB-1CAE-492F-BC5F-32F3BEF75F68.jpeg
Have you re-calibrated the sensor and/or have you noticed any difference in functionality with it?

I would expect it'd just be a bit quicker to see cars merging in on the left, slower to notice cars from the right, but as long as it can still see which car ahead is in your lane and not trigger on the lane to the left it'd work ok.

OP
OP
HoosierT

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport
Have you re-calibrated the sensor and/or have you noticed any difference in functionality with it?

I would expect it'd just be a bit quicker to see cars merging in on the left, slower to notice cars from the right, but as long as it can still see which car ahead is in your lane and not trigger on the lane to the left it'd work ok.
Nope, no calibration on mine. I have noticed a very minute preference to left-side vehicles but it's minor. It did throw a couple of errors right after install saying the sensor was blocked but I didn't touch anything and those errors went away and it functions great now. I assume there is some self-learning involved there but I can't be sure.

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Nope, no calibration on mine. I have noticed a very minute preference to left-side vehicles but it's minor. It did throw a couple of errors right after install saying the sensor was blocked but I didn't touch anything and those errors went away and it functions great now. I assume there is some self-learning involved there but I can't be sure.
Good. Nice to know for those of us with adaptive cruise and considering bumper replacements.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
@Guinness you mentioned recalibration....is that something that needs to be done stated somewhere or just a guess? I was wondering the same

DAVE

Guinness

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
@Guinness you mentioned recalibration....is that something that needs to be done stated somewhere or just a guess? I was wondering the same

DAVE
I've just seen it mentioned in other threads. I think there's a process somewhere but it's much better if it's unnecessary and the ACC doesn't require a bunch of work to get functional again.

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
I've just seen it mentioned in other threads. I think there's a process somewhere but it's much better if it's unnecessary and the ACC doesn't require a bunch of work to get functional again.
In the Ford Performance Fox Leveling kit instructions just had you check to make sure the studs were level so the face was vertical. Figure as long as it's straight up and down and parallel to the front, you'll be golden.

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
It was brought up before, but I wonder how much the offset matters. The closer you are to the car in front the more it would matter I think. Any reason why it cannot be placed in the middle of the grill?

BaGMaN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
USAF Retired
It was brought up before, but I wonder how much the offset matters. The closer you are to the car in front the more it would matter I think. Any reason why it cannot be placed in the middle of the grill?
the issue depends on what grill you're using. the stock grill has the ford emblem in the middle so you have to off-set it. the raptor grill has more problems with the letters and small openings.

scubalizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Wonder if it will work with the sport grill with the honeycomb grate

Charley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCrew XLT FX4 Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it does work with the honeycomb grille

Installed mine Tuesday evening all was fine.

Though on Wednesday and Thursday my Fordpass was showing the message pre-collison not available
Late Thursday afternoon the message disappeared.

But the ACC cruise worked the entire time.

Last edited:

RangerRaptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat (previously 2012 Ford SVT Raptor)
The ADD kit places the module in the same driver side position, but it sits lower than the Fab Four design. Itā€™s attached to the splash guard (the plastic piece halfway down the grille). The ACC module doesnā€™t appear to need an opening to function if the grille is plastic.

If you donā€™t know, the ACC module is already mounted behind a piece of plastic in its factory location. A piece of plastic at least as thick as the plastic on the grille. When you remove the OEM bracket, the module is no longer behind the protective plastic piece in the lower bumper.

You can adjust the bracket to reposition/adjust the module, but mine worked perfectly in the neutral position as recommended in the instructions.