Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
200 miles/day!? What are y'all even doing to drive that much?!
I average 70 a day...since I'm not in suburbia anymore, I have to drive at least 20 miles to get to any concentration of stores...then it's so comfy and you know... ?
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I average 70 a day...since I'm not in suburbia anymore, I have to drive at least 20 miles to get to any concentration of stores...then it's so comfy and you know... ?
Well yeah, that I can understand. It used to be ~70 miles round-trip to work for me, but that was also in LA traffic, so it was 2.5-3 hours on average. But nearly 3x that is crazy!

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Well yeah, that I can understand. It used to be ~70 miles round-trip to work for me, but that was also in LA traffic, so it was 2.5-3 hours on average. But nearly 3x that is crazy!
Agreed. I've got a 60 mile round trip daily for work.

My Ranger comes to work once or twice a week. The rest of the time I drive my FiST.

I can't bring myself to racking up 15k miles a year on my brand new truck just getting to work. It seems abusive.

aklinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Taking a little tangent here... Do you find that to be annoying at all? That long drive to/from work?

I've thought about moving further from town. Partly because I grew up in the sticks, so that's what I'm used to and like, but also because there's more land/property available further from town. But I find myself not wanting to spend more than 30-40mins in the car on my commute (which would essentially be 30-45 miles from work). Just because that's a lot of "wasted" time during the day, in my opinion. And it'd be double that on bad winter days, of which we have plenty.

Just trying to forever balance my want to live deeper into nature with not wanting to waste so much time behind the wheel getting back into town for work.

Interested in people's thoughts.
Any possibility to work from home a few days a week?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Taking a little tangent here... Do you find that to be annoying at all? That long drive to/from work?

I've thought about moving further from town. Partly because I grew up in the sticks, so that's what I'm used to and like, but also because there's more land/property available further from town. But I find myself not wanting to spend more than 30-40mins in the car on my commute (which would essentially be 30-45 miles from work). Just because that's a lot of "wasted" time during the day, in my opinion. And it'd be double that on bad winter days, of which we have plenty.

Just trying to forever balance my want to live deeper into nature with not wanting to waste so much time behind the wheel getting back into town for work.

My round trip was 80 miles driven across town and it was brutal. Traffic was godawful and in the winter it could take me four hours to get home if it was snowing. I used to have a 90 mile round trip but it was in the opposite direction and heading away from civilization in the morning. I didn't mind it one bit. I've never minded a long drive as long as there is no traffic.

aklinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Not with my job. I work in production support. So I spend a good portion of my time out on the production floor looking at issues and having face to face (or mask to mask lately) contact/conversations with people doing the work.
Bummer. That's the real key, I think. A long commute doesn't seem so difficult to bear when it isn't 5 days a week.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I've been working from home for nearly a year lol...these miles are just to get away from the house ?

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
I'm at about 26k miles now at 19 months of ownership.. My bimonthly trips to North Texas have come to an end for the most part. I think I've been twice since the pandemic started. My commute to work is 10 miles with 8.5 of it being highway. Whenever there is a serious accident on IH35, it could take me an hour to get home. Typically (since the pandemic started), my drive to work is about 12 minutes and to home is about 20 minutes.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
Felt like updating. I'm up to 67,427 miles at this post.

New Catalytic converter (under warranty) around 58,000 miles and a front-right sway bar link at about 60,000 miles (under extended warranty).

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Felt like updating. I'm up to 67,427 miles at this post.

New Catalytic converter (under warranty) around 58,000 miles and a front-right sway bar link at about 60,000 miles (under extended warranty).
What went wrong with the Cat?

Tim G.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Occupational Health and Safety
Let's hear it from people who LOVE TO DRIVE their Rangers...not even a year old (delivery May 2019)...I'm at 27,450 today...what about you?
Back again .... 1 year of ownership back in March, 66,000 miles. I'd have around 72k on it now but its been at Ford for the past literal month (34 days) waiting on parts that were misordered. Lets see how far she'll go before she starts asking for something. So far so good.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Back again .... 1 year of ownership back in March, 66,000 miles. I'd have around 72k on it now but its been at Ford for the past literal month (34 days) waiting on parts that were misordered. Lets see how far she'll go before she starts asking for something. So far so good.
Wowsa Tim, the axle grease doesn't even have a chance to cool off in that baby. :)

Sid @Msfitoy is gonna be so jealous.

OP
OP
Msfitoy

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Wowsa Tim, the axle grease doesn't even have a chance to cool off in that baby. :)

Sid @Msfitoy is gonna be so jealous.
Nice to have a fellow long distance traveler...she's at 65k and has never been back to the dealership since going home with me... ?
Sponsored