High Mileage 5G Rangers

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Just curious about the early Ranger buyers and the amount of miles put on them. I know there has to be some serious road rangers among us.

Mine has a build date of April, bought it the end of July, but have not put on many miles.

Who has the most miles on the odometer, and what are your experiences after the break-in period has long since passed?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I'm at 15k. Truck was built in January, got it in February. Done a few only changes, got it down pretty easy now. No issues.

AnimeRanger87

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 XLT 2X4 Reg cab. 2019 XLT Supercrew 4x4, 2000 XLT Supercab 2x4
Occupation
Production associates with Honda
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger was built January 10th and I received it on January 17th. I have only put 4788 miles on him but I drive three Rangers. As far as the break in time I have had no problems with it during that period of time.

RussB

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f 150
Just curious about the early Ranger buyers and the amount of miles put on them. I know there has to be some serious road rangers among us.

Mine has a build date of April, bought it the end of July, but have not put on many miles.

Who has the most miles on the odometer, and what are your experiences after the break-in period has long since passed?
Got my supercab 2wd Sport Hot pepper red one on June 15 th got 10689 on Nov.7th

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Bought mine end of January and I'm at ~12.5k

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine in April and I'm at just under 8,000 miles. The only issue I've had is a slightly leaky turn signal mirror which got replaced under warranty. Mechanically it has been perfect.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Took delivery in May 2019, 21,000+ miles...ask me how much I love driving my Ranger:facepalm::LOL:

khyros

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Crewcab FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Effective delivery date of July 24th, and I just rolled over 6k a couple of days ago. All from normal driving. I should have around 9-10k, but she ended up missing our big summer adventure trip due to a bad trans and was out of service for 29 days. I also have just over 200 hours on it based on the trip computer, which gives me just around an average speed of 30mph, and a weekly average of around 13hrs / 400 miles.

A lot of people ask why I spend so much on my vehicles, typically getting a nearly fully loaded one, and that 13hr/week spent in it answers the question... And this year my driving has fallen off quite a bit as well. But if you consider that you get 7hrs of sleep a night, that means that you're awake for 119 hrs out of the 168hrs in a week. 50 of it is spent at work, and that's a neccessity in order to afford to spend time anywhere else. That means I have 69 hours in a week for me to spend "as I choose." And so I spend 20% of my free time in my vehicle. To me, that's a significant time, and I want to enjoy it.

And in high stress times (cough, xmas), I spend a lot more time in it, as I get to drive all over the place to visit everyone. Over the past few years, we've racked up around 40hrs of seat time in a week driving to see everyone over winter break.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Purchased 8/26/19
Miles:. 5,592 (according to FordPass app)

Gotta take it in...it's not running well, seems to have lost a bunch of power. Only goes well when I punch it but the turbo lag seems to be getting longer and longer.

Skips badly when it's cold, hunts for gears and shifts hard sometimes - all when cold.

Believe it or not, I still love this truck. Just have to find time to take it in.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Turning 20K this week sometime. Hoping to do another oil change before the weather gets too nasty out. I drive 100+ miles a day for work, and have a few summer road trips. I got it on February 4th 2019.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased March 5th, currently at 13,333 miles and gets used mostly for work hauling around tools and HVAC equipment when I’m not working the day job. I love this truck, it is my absolute favorite vehicle I’ve ever owned hands down. No real issues to report other than it does prefer higher octane fuel (noticeably rougher idle running 87) and Sync doesn’t always cooperate 100% but otherwise no issues