High Mileage Ranger Report

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
What can I say, nearing the 95,000 miles mark on my 2019 XLT and all is good...or should I say absolutely fantastic! I've had zero zip nada...not one single issue with this truck. It has seen the worst of roads. In fact, I drive it weekly off-road down here in the Florida Everglades. The engine is perfect, runs just like the first day off the show room floor. I've had no issues with anything else on the truck, either, not one single hiccup. Everything is functioning as good as new. I've performed routine maintenance with regular oil changes through my local dealer, the works package which includes tire rotation. Everything on the truck is bone stock, including the tires. Gas mileage is holding steady at 26.5 on the rural roads of Palm Beach County, going back and forth to work--city driving. Not bad at all! Can't ask for more as far as reliable is goes, imho. Both my previous F-150's had some issues by this point. And I've heard of horror stories on here from others with their Rangers but I just can't see any of that happening with this truck here. Knock on wood or just good luck or maybe my driving style, all is holding steady. Hope the same with others!

ranger.jpg
Sponsored

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
What can I say, nearing the 95,000 miles mark on my 2019 XLT and all is good...or should I say absolutely fantastic! I've had zero zip nada...not one single issue with this truck. It has seen the worst of roads. In fact, I drive it weekly off-road down here in the Florida Everglades. The engine is perfect, runs just like the first day off the show room floor. I've had no issues with anything else on the truck, either, not one single hiccup. Everything is functioning as good as new. I've performed routine maintenance with regular oil changes through my local dealer, the works package which includes tire rotation. Everything on the truck is bone stock, including the tires. Gas mileage is holding steady at 26.5 on the rural roads of Palm Beach County, going back and forth to work--city driving. Not bad at all! Can't ask for more as far as reliable is goes, imho. Both my previous F-150's had some issues by this point. And I've heard of horror stories on here from others with their Rangers but I just can't see any of that happening with this truck here. Knock on wood or just good luck or maybe my driving style, all is holding steady. Hope the same with others!

ranger.jpg
Wow, talk about a fantastic endorsement! Thanks for sharing how well your Ranger's been doing!

Now we need a few pics please. =)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's great to hear Zane! With the amount of transmission issues popping up it's nice to see a positive post. lol Although once Sid sees that you're closing in on the 95K this thread could take a different turn.?

OP
OP

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
I haven't even given the transmission a thought lol. It shifts like butter, always in the correct gear. It's really the last thing on my mind. Hard to imagine it going out or giving problems.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

ranger.jpg
Congrats! You have 2,289 miles left on you transmission... ?
movie-eating-popcorn.gif

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I’ll bite….what seems to be the big problem with the transmission?
Might've been a one off flaw but mine was butter smooth all the way to up till 95,000 miles...then it started to go down hill and never recovered...a few months later, it had completely failed and needed a complete replacement...:mad:?

OP
OP

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Might've been a one off flaw but mine was butter smooth all the way to up till 95,000 miles...then it started to go down hill and never recovered...a few months later, it had completely failed and needed a complete replacement...:mad:?
Well, I have not experienced any transmission issues of any sort on my truck. Not to say that it won't never happen but I highly doubt it based on driving around daily. Sorry you had the bad luck with yours.

OP
OP

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How in the world are you getting over 26 mpg? Granted I have a Tremor and now with the performance pack, but was only getting 17.5 pre performance and now 16.2 afterwards.
From day one I've always gotten fantastic mileage. Maybe it's the flat roads in Florida, I don't know. I use the truck hard, too, hauling around a kayak long distances out in the Everglades for bass fishing tournaments. It sure feels nice on the wallet!

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
How in the world are you getting over 26 mpg? Granted I have a Tremor and now with the performance pack, but was only getting 17.5 pre performance and now 16.2 afterwards.
keep it under 60 'Murican speed units (or 372kph for the others)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I have not experienced any transmission issues of any sort on my truck. Not to say that it won't never happen but I highly doubt it based on driving around daily. Sorry you had the bad luck with yours.
I wish you a flawless run and never have to face what I had...like I said, mine was perfect up till 95K...

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Thanks for the progress report. Non events are rarely reported and it skews the impression of how reliable these trucks usually are. In 18 months of ownership my truck has given me zero problems. My wife’s 2022 Lexus has been in the shop three times.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Glad to hear everything is working fine.
I'll second the 'non events' report. It's rare anyone mentions when there are no problems so you only see the bad things being reported.

And pics would be good. As long as it isn't blue. :wink: