First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It's inappropriate for you all to make assumptions he didn't look at what he was buying. As someone who literally sells Roush Ford Products, along with every other model on the lineup, it can be a lot for a sales person, AND customer to ingest. That being said I can attest that it was likely your parts and sales manager who made the decision to toss on Fuel Rims because many of you don't understand the logistics of a Roush Package. It's shipped to the dealer, to have their certified tech install it. If you understood the wait time on Roush Rims you'd shit your pants. The dealer should have been transparent about the rims - that's the dealers fault for not correctly training people and it's probably 99% factual that the salesmen didn't even know.

As most sales people are stupid with modifications and lacking knowledge on the vehicles themselves. It's not the customers fault they trust the "educated individual" whos supposed to be the "professional". Quit harping the guy. There are integral sales people out there.

As for a plan - you can go two ways. Knowing that Roush backs their certificates and in order for the dealer to keep the "Roush Dealer" badge above their logo they need to be in good standing.

Option 1) You contact dealer, tell them your experience with the tires and rims and how they dont match the Roush Package. Just advise them you want the swap for tires for purposes of safety immediately, and the rims on order. And say nicely that you'll contact Roush and tell them they sold you an illegitimate Roush package with a CERTIFICATE of authenticity. If they know Roush will be involved they also know they'll likely to get a fine, or pull their certificate. You can also let the know you'll write an outstanding review on their google, or whatever platform they want to use giving them a 5 star for their cooperation. This should get things started as the fine is MUCH larger then tires and rims. Getting your cert pulled means you don't get discounts on parts and your markup goes bye bye! They won't want to go either route.

Option 2) You skip the dealer, contact roush, post an awful review and play the waiting game til someone tries to rectify. Never go this Route please... Sure you feel like a big boy but we're hoomans on the other side and personally speaking I'll do 10000x more for someone who treats me well then someone whos a complete asshat.
Damn good advise for one that knows. And, I agree. The OP didn't come here to be bashed, or blamed. So lighten up people, any of us could get caught up in something like this at any time.

@S7v7n Good luck, I'm sure you can get it straightened out if you go with Adrian's @ak47p first option.
Sponsored

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
Don’t delay getting in touch with the dealer. As others have mentioned, how they marketed this truck will make a difference. Also, posting the sticker would help sate our curiosity.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I need to see some pics of the OP “Roush” truck
That and the previously owned “2005 Mustang 50th Anniv” he mentioned in another thread.

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
I'm curious if a Roush Ranger is almost $70,000 why not a F-150 Raptor?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That and the previously owned “2005 Mustang 50th Anniv” he mentioned in another thread.
I'd wager that was a simple typo and he possibly meant to type "2015".

ak47p

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Ford Sales Representative
Hey OP - Forgive me if this was already covered, but is it a "real" Roush truck or did they add Roush stuff to it from the parts catalog and call it a Roush?
Holy shit I never thought of this. Brilliant.
Actually that's exactly what a "Roush" package is. It's parts ordered from the Roush dealer, then added at the dealership by a certified Roush Technician. In order to get a "Certificate of Authenticity" a dealer has to be registered as a "Certified Roush Dealer" and have
"Certified Roush Technicians". Meaning, in theory, yes anyone can go ahead and toss all Roush Parts on a vehicle, and sell it, and it very well is a Roush vehicle. However in order to get the certificate of authenticity you need to have that "Certified Roush Dealer" badge, which he said he got.

The issue I would have with that are the Roush Rims themselves are about 3x MORE of a cost then those Fuel Rims. They're incredible rims and that name truly does mean something.

My ultimate concern is if the dealer he purchased it from, is not an actual certified Roush dealer, but are ordering parts at the same cost anyone with an internet connection can. Which is acceptable to call it a Roush Truck, but not give a certificate of authenticity. This would mean each item been marked it up another 20% from there, as dealers gotta make their money. They then realized the wait time was still another 4 months for the rims, and they made the decision to kibosh the experiment and tossed on Fuel Rims and still sold it as a "Certified Roush Truck".

In my 10000% opinion I'd love to see your bill of sale itemized with parts. I'd still go with my option 1 route, but in all honesty if you want a behind the scenes guy to get a better opinion to see if they railed you for the cost of parts, I can do that. If they did, the fact they sold you a certified Roush vehicle, if you truly have the certificate, it would likely give you grounds to take the vehicle back and go to a different dealer.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Ive seen these roush trucks at only one dealer here in WA when shopping for mine. They are very sexy looking trucks lol. I hope it works out OP and enjoy the shit outta it!

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all … new guy here. New to Fords.. and well, especially Roush and the Ranger Pickups.

Just picked up a brand new 2021 Roush Ranger… but curious if I’m wrong here… when I go to do u-turns or even tight turns (either direction) it feels (and hears) the wheels rub pretty bad. Almost scary sounding especially for a close to $70,000 truck??

I know it being the special edition; it is lifted and has the Fox Suspension but is this just normal based on wheel rub coming from stock dealership?

Any help greatly appreciated.. and if you need more info from me, I’d be happy to tell anything else I can!

Thanks for the help everyone and happy to be here with you all.
Hello all … new guy here. New to Fords.. and well, especially Roush and the Ranger Pickups.

Just picked up a brand new 2021 Roush Ranger… but curious if I’m wrong here… when I go to do u-turns or even tight turns (either direction) it feels (and hears) the wheels rub pretty bad. Almost scary sounding especially for a close to $70,000 truck??

I know it being the special edition; it is lifted and has the Fox Suspension but is this just normal based on wheel rub coming from stock dealership?

Any help greatly appreciated.. and if you need more info from me, I’d be happy to tell anything else I can!

3.5 " BDS Lift with new UCA's and 295/70-17"s with 1.25" Spacers, zero rub, full compression, and droop, lock to lock . I suspect my truck is built as good as the Roush. CrewCab Fx4, Injen intake and Flowmaster exhaust, wrapped stem to stern with Fiberglass. Muffler delete. Well under $60K. Planning to go 10" wide wheels with 0 offset and taller tires next round. Truck purrs on hiway or screams when stompped. Bummer your tires rub. The hi priced Roush should drive itself thru goat tracks absent probs. Ya take it back to Ford and insist they fixit.

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

Install the BDS Crash bars $80 (https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/2020-...92942&ef_id=YN6rswACa8C-iQA4:20210720052520:s) PITA to install but this will fix the rubbing. Ready lift makes another set for almost twice the $. I'd by them and tell Ford to put them in.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There is no chance in hell you'll fund a dealership that will remove and/or replace with aftermarket, a safety item such as crash bars. His recourse is them providing the proper size tires and proper wheel offset for the truck as built.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
@S7v7n Any update? Also, hi fellow San Diego member. Hope this first thread experience didn't scare ya off. This forum is great, there are all sorts of personalities here. Stick around, I guarantee it will be fun and when you mod or post pictures of your truck people will love it.

gtrules46

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velociraptor Ranger, 2021 Dodge Hellcat Super
Occupation
Engineering
That’s what’s on the truck now … says 32” ..

however - it’s only when it s a very tight turn or u turn: that’s when the rubbing occurs. Nothing else. Basic turns either direction are perfect.

2BF4A291-9E2D-4406-A91B-FBAC4C4837CD.jpeg
I just bought a Hennessee Velociraptor Ranger & it came with BFG KM3 Mud Terrain's in 285/70/18. The 305's seem like they'd be a little big for a leveling system.

20210614_133620.jpg
Sponsored