Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Is that not what normally comes on these? As mentioned new to all this. This was completely stock when I saw it at dealership.
"Stock" doesn't mean the dealer didn't add some mods. At the price you mentioned, it's not Factory stock that's for sure. Bottom line is you bought a brand new truck that has a problem. It should not rub period! Take it back for sure and have them make it right or choose another Ranger.
Sponsored

Chuck Lau

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger...2005 Mustang Steeda
Occupation
Retired
That’s what’s on the truck now … says 32” ..

however - it’s only when it s a very tight turn or u turn: that’s when the rubbing occurs. Nothing else. Basic turns either direction are perfect.

2BF4A291-9E2D-4406-A91B-FBAC4C4837CD.jpeg
You Got Screwed By the Dealer....Never...Never...Should even a properly lifted Suspension accept 305/60/18 tires....You are talking a safety Issue Here....Get an Attorney unless they address the issue Immediately....You are also due a refund of approx. $15,000.00...Boy what shit Dealer to pull a trick like That...

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey OP - Forgive me if this was already covered, but is it a "real" Roush truck or did they add Roush stuff to it from the parts catalog and call it a Roush?

jjohn931

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
How does the truck ride? Compared to stock fx4. I’m deciding between the 3 fox options. The factory Fox. Ford Performance or Roush fox 2.0. Or maybe they the same valving. I can’t find that information. I’d like to have 305s on my truck also.

YaBoiNewton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT supercrew Sport FX4, 2008 Bullitt w Saleen Supercharger
Occupation
Automotive Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like dealership fu**ed me. Awesome. I was told this was the Roush package … what the AF.
Sorry to say this man, but you screwed yourself when you paid $70k for a Roush truck without knowing what makes up the Roush package. A simple google search would've told you something was off. It's up to you to do the due diligence and understand what makes up such a big purchase.

Have you confirmed that you're the first owner of this truck?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
How does the truck ride? Compared to stock fx4. I’m deciding between the 3 fox options. The factory Fox. Ford Performance or Roush fox 2.0. Or maybe they the same valving. I can’t find that information. I’d like to have 305s on my truck also.
From what I have been able to gather they all vary slightly. Yes it’s the valving and spring differences. How much of a difference? No one seems to know but my hunch is from softest to firmest would be Fox 2.0, FP Fox 2.0, Roush 2.0’s.

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
Hello all … new guy here. New to Fords.. and well, especially Roush and the Ranger Pickups.

Just picked up a brand new 2021 Roush Ranger… but curious if I’m wrong here… when I go to do u-turns or even tight turns (either direction) it feels (and hears) the wheels rub pretty bad. Almost scary sounding especially for a close to $70,000 truck??

I know it being the special edition; it is lifted and has the Fox Suspension but is this just normal based on wheel rub coming from stock dealership?

Any help greatly appreciated.. and if you need more info from me, I’d be happy to tell anything else I can!

Thanks for the help everyone and happy to be here with you all.
What is a roush?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
I'm a Ford Roush Performance Dealer in Canada and I can tell you right away that the Fuel Rim is not included in the Rosch Package. I'd be curious to see your bill of sale and see what items were on it. Reach out to me if you need help with that.
  • Includes
    • ROUSH Grille with Dual LED Light Bars
    • Custom Fender Vent Badges
    • Dual Tip Performance Cat Back Exhaust System
    • 2.0 Off-Road Performance Suspension System
    • Satin Black 18” ROUSH Wheels
    • 32-Inch General Tire Grabber ATX Tires
    • Premium Interior Leather
    • Magnetic Gray Fender Flares with Integrated Accent Lighting
    • Custom Red Tow Hooks
    • ROUSH Floor Liners by WeatherTech
    • Serialized Interior Badge
    • ROUSH Key Fobs
    • Certificate of Authenticity
    • Standard Graphics Package
Is this on a sticker or piece of paperwork somewhere? Use that along with what Roush says (printout from their website) is their package for the Ranger. One thing listed is “Certificate of Authenticity”

This right here if what you have does not match up with what you were delivered by Roush specifications is outright FRAUD, period.

So, ether dealer makes it right on their dime immediately or hells coming through the front door. That’s grand larceny fraud.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is this on a sticker or piece of paperwork somewhere? Use that along with what Roush says (printout from their website) is their package for the Ranger. One thing listed is “Certificate of Authenticity”

This right here if what you have does not match up with what you were delivered by Roush specifications is outright FRAUD, period.

So, ether dealer makes it right on their dime immediately or hells coming through the front door. That’s grand larceny fraud.
Except if they are careful in their language describing the truck...

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Hey OP - Forgive me if this was already covered, but is it a "real" Roush truck or did they add Roush stuff to it from the parts catalog and call it a Roush?
Holy shit I never thought of this. Brilliant.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Except if they are careful in their language describing the truck...
Then that’s worse for the dealer. If not authentic and called that it’s considered bait and switch. Many an AG has made a name for themselves going after these types.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Then that’s worse for the dealer. If not authentic and called that it’s considered bait and switch. Many an AG has made a name for themselves going after these types.
Just kicking this around a little...

• 2021 Ford Ranger featuring J. Doe Ford Roush Ford Ranger Package. (Misleading, but it's not a Roush package, it's John Doe Ford's "Roush Package".)
  • 2021 Ford Ranger featuring Roush Package Upgrades (Again, Misleading. but it features upgrades from the Roush Package.)
If you think about the psychology of buying a new vehicle, the package upgrades are typically impulse buy items at a dealership. Much like all of the accessories the dealers install on the trucks to increase their profit margin. You see a Ford Ranger that you're shopping for, and it looks nice. But next to it you see the Roush Ranger, and it looks pretty damn cool! You end up buying the Roush Ranger and when you get home, and join the Ranger forum, you find out you could have built the same truck yourself for a significant savings. Or, potentially, you buy a ranger that looks cool and has a bunch of Roush items on it, and the dealership put it together as added accessories.

Shady, but not necessarily "wrong" if the dealership did it within legal confines.

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Most likely crash bars are rubbing the tires. Could be more though, how much lift is there? Past 3” is another potential issue with UCA joints or CV’s bind.

That's where I was going myself. Rick is good, Rick is wise.
Sponsored