Front parking sensors...an unanticipated must-have

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
In an ideal world, I would have purchased an F150 with a bed large enough to carry my dirt bike with tailgate closed. Well, this ain't an ideal world. I live in a detached condo with no driveway. While street parking is an option, it's not convenient. So to fit in the garage, my only option was a Ranger. Colorado or Tacoma...Not!

Anyways, with less than 12" to spare in the garage, I have fallen in love with my front sensors.

1.jpg

2.jpg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
In an ideal world, I would have purchased an F150 with a bed large enough to carry my dirt bike with tailgate closed. Well, this ain't an ideal world. I live in a detached condo with no driveway. While street parking is an option, it's not convenient. So to fit in the garage, my only option was a Ranger. Colorado or Tacoma...Not!

Anyways, with less than 12" to spare in the garage, I have fallen in love with my front sensors.

1.jpg

2.jpg
I've had the rear sensors before but never the front ones. Now that I have them I wouldn't want a truck without them along with all the other tech stuff my Ranger has. I load up my bed for work the night before and have a bed extender so I need to be close to the front wall like yours to be able to leave the tailgate down. Sure you could use a tennis ball hanging or blocks but it's nice having everything built right in.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i duct tape a cat to the wall.
you use a small tabby and you can get right in there within an inch or two. the cat gets very vocal the closer you get

once tried using my ex wife.
My cat is an alcoholic

kitty drunk.jpg

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
My Garage is not very big and yes those front sensors come in handy. Driving in town plays havack with them though, damn bikes get so close it warns me all the time. I wish I could legally push people out of the way, people here have no moral respect for others property.

Deleted member 1634

I usually back into the garage, so I end up using the rear sensors, especially since I have to basically go until the warning tone is solid and then go another inch or two to make sure it fits and I can get the snowblower out by the front of the truck. But the front sensors are nice for parking in parking lots. Especially at work since I park next to a light pole (so I always know where my spot is when the lot is snow covered and you can't see the lines), and the front sensors allow me to pull right up nice and close to it without any worry. Very helpful!

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

swampchomp07

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I too have realized the beauty of those front sensors in my small garage. I get really close to where I need to be with the parking sensors and then fine tune by putting it in reverse, activating the rear cam, and checking to make sure the tow hitch is right at the line that's been created by the garage door making contact with the concrete. This way I have enough room to shimmy in front of the truck and get in the house.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Fjsteven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 Sport
My wife just picked up a new civic touring. It does not have those sensors. I miss them when I’m not driving my truck.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I took a 15" piece of 2x4, drilled a couple of holes, pushed/tapped a 6-7" bolt into each hole, drilled a couple of holes in the garage floor, slipped it place. Done. I can remove it if I need to and will use some hydraulic cement to fill the holes if I need to re-position the stop.

OP
OP

KTM Hauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I took a 15" piece of 2x4, drilled a couple of holes, pushed/tapped a 6-7" bolt into each hole, drilled a couple of holes in the garage floor, slipped it place. Done. I can remove it if I need to and will use some hydraulic cement to fill the holes if I need to re-position the stop.
I was thinking of doing this myself in addition to the sensors. You must be really smart! ;-)

WARNING: DON'T DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A POST TENSION SLAB

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
i was just gonna comment the old skool tennis ball works great! Quicker than the other methods too.
Wife requires a tennis ball and still has trouble. Has closed the door on it and ripped it from the ceiling many times...supposed to hit the windshield not drive around it.:frown:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was thinking of doing this myself in addition to the sensors. You must be really smart! ;-)

WARNING: DON'T DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A POST TENSION SLAB
^^This! ^^ We didn't have these n the east coast but now I have one here in AZ. There are some pretty nasty videos on YouTube showing the damage caused by cutting through these. I just laid a 2x4 across the floor approximately 30" from the wall. As the sensors start to go off I just slowly creep forward until the tires touch it which leaves me 8" from the front bumper to the wall and still enough room behind the truck to walk around it. I use the bed extender a lot for work so I also still have just enough room to lower my tailgate and load my truck.
Sponsored