First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Although I introduced myself on the New Members thread, I thought I would start my first thread asking for your advice.

I just took delivery of my lightly used 2021 Ranger Tremor. The first owner was the general manager of my local Ford dealer. He just took delivery of a new Bronco, so he turned in this Ranger Tremor after 4 months and 3000 miles.

Two of the options I wanted to do myself were already done. He installed a spray in bed liner and a hard tonneau cover. Both of these seem really nice. I am uncertain at this point whether to keep the side steps, remove the steps or replace the rails altogether with something less prone to tear my skins up.

What other accessories do other Ranger owners consider "must have"? Any recommended cargo management accessories?

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg
Sponsored

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
WOW Dude, right out of the gate with the damper huh?

btw...

Nice Truck AND I am so sorry what you are about to bring upon yourself.

I'd give you a list, but by time I got it done, others will have posted. Get out your pocket book baby, or hide your money! We are going to have a great time helping you spend your money!

Let the fun begin.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark,

Accessories?
  • Console tray
  • Engine Cover
  • and replace those missing two bed tie downs right away
Oops, didn’t realize until now that you’re from Texas, sorry…here…
  • 305s
  • -12mm offset wheels
  • 1-1/2” wheel spacers
  • at least six decals on the rear window
  • any kind of license plate frame that mentions Texas
All kidding aside - welcome and stick with the first list until you figure out just how you’re going to be using your truck, then let us help you run the numbers off that credit card.

OP
OP
NTXTremor

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
WOW Dude, right out of the gate with the damper huh?

btw...

Nice Truck AND I am so sorry what you are about to bring upon yourself.

I'd give you a list, but by time I got it done, others will have posted. Get out your pocket book baby, or hide your money! We are going to have a great time helping you spend your money!

Let the fun begin.
Well, I am an avid cyclist and audiophile, too, so I love gear and know how to spend money.

OP
OP
NTXTremor

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Hi Mark,

Accessories?
  • Console tray
  • Engine Cover
  • and replace those missing two bed tie downs right away
Oops, didn’t realize until now that you’re from Texas, sorry…here…
  • 305s
  • -12mm offset wheels
  • 1-1/2” wheel spacers
  • at least six decals on the rear window
  • any kind of license plate frame that mentions Texas
All kidding aside - welcome and stick with the first list until you figure out just how you’re going to be using your truck, then let us help you run the numbers off that credit card.
Fair point on the usage. Although I live in Texas, I am not from here. You will see no Texas accessories, no steer horns or big stars on the truck.

This is going to be my daily driver, so anything that makes it more livable is fine, although it seems pretty well equipped for everyday use. I am a cyclist as mentioned in an earlier reply, but I am not opposed to just throwing the bike in the back. I might want some kind of bike mount at some point if I need to carry more than one at a time.

I intend to use it for basic truck uses, buying home improvement items, hauling junk to the dump, transporting furniture, etc. Having some kind of tie-down or cargo management might be good.

I am also actively restoring an 68 Olds Cutlass convertible with an old Triumph motorcycle waiting in the wings, so I may use the bed to haul car and motorcycle parts, engines, etc.

So I have to ask, why a console tray and engine cover? I will google the missing tie downs. I am sure that there is a lot of content on this I can search.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Tailgate damper.
Mountains 2 Metal lower grille insert (Amazon). Keep rocks off the intercooler and looks better.
Door stripes. Ford Accessories. Use your Ford Pass points.
Black tailpipe tip. I cut a few inches off the stock tailpipe and painted the rest of the tailpipe back to the axle with black hi-temp BBQ grille paint that I had laying around.
Console tray. Makes the console much more useful (Amazon).
Bug deflector. Doesn't actually deflect bugs but keeps stone chips off the hood.
Tailgate letters. Ford Accessories.

At least that's the stuff I have.

Last edited:

1pt21gw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 IS XLT SC , '22 OW BBB 2Dr , '15 PB TC SWB
Occupation
Ye' Ole Traveler
The console tray is a great little tray. Adds more usable space to the console.

The missing tie downs are a trigger point for the late '20/ '21 owners. The Ranger had six, and then early/mid '20 they went to four. They are expensive if you really want them.

The engine cover was standard on '19 models, and then only on '20 Lariats. I think it completes the look. Some have even gotten them for warranty purposes.

Amazon has all sorts of cool stuff for our trucks.

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I'd change the steps, I think, so you don't tear your legs up.
Engine cover.
Center console tray.
Middle tie downs since you actually haul stuff.
Ignition bezel (Dean's 3-D printed bezel works fine--he's a member here and many of us have his bezels).
Weather Tech or Husky floor mats.
Lower grille insert (putco or M2M).

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Fair point on the usage. Although I live in Texas, I am not from here. You will see no Texas accessories, no steer horns or big stars on the truck.

This is going to be my daily driver, so anything that makes it more livable is fine, although it seems pretty well equipped for everyday use. I am a cyclist as mentioned in an earlier reply, but I am not opposed to just throwing the bike in the back. I might want some kind of bike mount at some point if I need to carry more than one at a time.

I intend to use it for basic truck uses, buying home improvement items, hauling junk to the dump, transporting furniture, etc. Having some kind of tie-down or cargo management might be good.

I am also actively restoring an 68 Olds Cutlass convertible with an old Triumph motorcycle waiting in the wings, so I may use the bed to haul car and motorcycle parts, engines, etc.

So I have to ask, why a console tray and engine cover? I will google the missing tie downs. I am sure that there is a lot of content on this I can search.
You had me at avid cyclist. We can totally help you spend your money because, clearly, you’ve figured out that there’s nothing that can stop you from spending on what you enjoy. This is one of the reasons I have a Scab - room for a bike (MTB) with a fork mount. You’ll have to get imaginative with that shorter bed - some folks have had success attaching fork mounts to their tonneau covers. That tri-fold might be an issue but you’ll figure it out.

Understood that you’re not from Texas but if you’re from from NC, same rule applies minus the TX plate frame and at least one of the stickers must be for a university whose teams you cheer for but have never attended.

I see the others have filled you in on the three items I mentioned. As a daily driver, your truck is already dialed in. Just drive it and enjoy it.
Sponsored