Is it normal to only have parking sensors in the rear?

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I hate the front sensors.

I don't need to see the bumper either, I know it's still in the same place it was when I got in the truck.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
My 2020 XLT 301A built 11/20 has rear only. I was going to add the fronts and then saw what was involved along with the cost. Scrapped that thought quick! ?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
there's something called a "hood" that blocks my view of the front bumper. my wife is short enough that she can't even see the front edge of the hood (on pretty much any vehicle), and had no idea that other people could.

I like having the front parking sensors so I have at least a vague idea of how much room I have up there. thinking hard about installing a front camera (or going whole hog and doing a 360 camera system) so I have an even better idea.
and god forbid there be something shorter than your "hood" in front of the truck. like a small human.

svgrdr

First Name
Elton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
there's something called a "hood" that blocks my view of the front bumper. my wife is short enough that she can't even see the front edge of the hood (on pretty much any vehicle), and had no idea that other people could.

I like having the front parking sensors so I have at least a vague idea of how much room I have up there. thinking hard about installing a front camera (or going whole hog and doing a 360 camera system) so I have an even better idea.
I would definitely love to see a 360 camera project complete on a Ranger! That would be quite an awesome thing to pull off, especially if it was able to make use of the factory SYNC screen for the camera system.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I would definitely love to see a 360 camera project complete on a Ranger! That would be quite an awesome thing to pull off, especially if it was able to make use of the factory SYNC screen for the camera system.
I think I've found the parts necessary to pull it off with some google searches. Looks like it would take a front camera, two side cameras to mount under the mirrors, and there's an extra module, which I assume is necessary to integrate the camera feeds before feeding it all to the Sync head unit.

This thread was helpful.

Adding 360 Birdseye camera | 2019+ Ford Ranger and Raptor Forum (5th Generation) - Ranger5G.com

Also this:

iBeam® - 360° View Camera System (carid.com)

It looks like it's fairly labor intensive. But possible.
Sponsored