Front parking sensors...an unanticipated must-have

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I've had the rear sensors before but never the front ones. Now that I have them I wouldn't want a truck without them along with all the other tech stuff my Ranger has. I load up my bed for work the night before and have a bed extender so I need to be close to the front wall like yours to be able to leave the tailgate down. Sure you could use a tennis ball hanging or blocks but it's nice having everything built right in.
Ditto, a must have...I wonder when insurance companies will start giving discounts for them as they clearly prevent unnecessary claims.
Sponsored

Yamahauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Electric Blue
I love them but does anyone know where I can turn them off when offroad? They go off for every branch and twig and it drives me nuts.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I love them but does anyone know where I can turn them off when offroad? They go off for every branch and twig and it drives me nuts.
There is a switch in the cluster on the console - the one with the Auto Stop/Start button, tow mode, etc. I believe it has a P on it.

Deleted member 1634

There is a switch in the cluster on the console - the one with the Auto Stop/Start button, tow mode, etc. I believe it has a P on it.
Correct. Just note that I'm pretty sure turning that off also turns off the rear sensors as well. So just something to keep in mind when backing up after you've turned them off.

Indy650

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Im not sure exactly how the sensor button works because I need to turn it off as I have a front grill that sets them off but even with it off if something comes close sometimes they will go off but I haven't tested how reliable it is.

WOADKIL

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercrew Cab FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
i duct tape a cat to the wall.
you use a small tabby and you can get right in there within an inch or two. the cat gets very vocal the closer you get

once tried using my ex wife.
FINALLY! A useful purpose for cats!

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
YES!
Worth reviving a 2 year old thread for!!!

Rene Michaels

First Name
René
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew 4X2 5' Box Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
In an ideal world, I would have purchased an F150 with a bed large enough to carry my dirt bike with tailgate closed. Well, this ain't an ideal world. I live in a detached condo with no driveway. While street parking is an option, it's not convenient. So to fit in the garage, my only option was a Ranger. Colorado or Tacoma...Not!

Anyways, with less than 12" to spare in the garage, I have fallen in love with my front sensors.

1.jpg

2.jpg
Or back in and use the rear view camera. Oh crap, this was an old thread sorry!

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I used my daughter's old softball batting practice ball. I know I'm in the right spot when it touches the wind shield.

16310921953015159028224590320863.jpg

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT