Front end shaking at 300 miles

California

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Well here’s the shocker for me. The empty trailer had a bad torsion axle that apparently made a terrible vibration and it transferred up to the front of the truck. The trailer dealer said they had one do that years ago. they came to my house and picked it up with an older Chevy dually and we went for a ride. It did the same thing to that truck. They’re bringing my new trailer down tomorrow, and they even said it feels like your front end is going to fall out when it happens. Easy enough fix I suppose. I guess me thinking it was the truck was PTSD from owning a dodge, lol.
I didn’t notice your OP stating that it only happened while towing a specific trailer.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Is your lane keep assist on? It is pretty aggressive from the factory.
I feel like mine does not work lol. I have never felt it pull just light up red on the dash

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I feel like mine does not work lol. I have never felt it pull just light up red on the dash
I get the coffee cup once in awhile on a long drive. Its not becuase I'm wandering in my lane, nope.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Check to see how yours is set. It can be set to only warn or warn and assist. Also the warning vibration can be set to different levels. Never seen mine go red just the lane indicators going yellow from green.

DonB

Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 HPR Ranger Super Cab FX4
Occupation
Retired
When I make any kind of turn at higher speeds (65+) the steering wheel and front end shakes bad, like my old dodge Cummins was better. The local dealer won’t touch it for a month since I didn’t buy from them and my purchasing dealer is 3 hours away. I have to bring a new jet ski home in a couple days and that’s a 900 miles round trip that needs to be done or my whole summer is ruined. Any advice? Tire pressures are 30 rear and 35 front, lug nuts all torques to 100 lb ft. Doesn’t look like a weight fell off a wheel either.
You are here.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Check to see how yours is set. It can be set to only warn or warn and assist. Also the warning vibration can be set to different levels. Never seen mine go red just the lane indicators going yellow from green.
I had no idea. Thanks!

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When I make any kind of turn at higher speeds (65+) the steering wheel and front end shakes bad, like my old dodge Cummins was better. The local dealer won’t touch it for a month since I didn’t buy from them and my purchasing dealer is 3 hours away. I have to bring a new jet ski home in a couple days and that’s a 900 miles round trip that needs to be done or my whole summer is ruined. Any advice? Tire pressures are 30 rear and 35 front, lug nuts all torques to 100 lb ft. Doesn’t look like a weight fell off a wheel either.
Did you do any updates on your suspension?
Sponsored