First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I knew when first reading the post there will be no simple or fast repair. I waited 79 days for the replacement of the defective drivers rear axle on my ‘21 lariat FX4. Turned out to be a no hassle lemon law buy back from Ford. This month my Ranger ownership should be completed and the truck should be replaced with a check.

Good luck with your Ranger in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedlyrsRevenge

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Carbonized Gray SuperCab STX FX4
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
I knew when first reading the post there will be no simple or fast repair. I waited 79 days for the replacement of the defective drivers rear axle on my ‘21 lariat FX4. Turned out to be a no hassle lemon law buy back from Ford. This month my Ranger ownership should be completed and the truck should be replaced with a check.

Good luck with your Ranger in the future.
Anything and everything replacement parts is a nightmare right now. You should see my backorder report from work for forklifts. Everything is going into new production and no spares are being set aside for repairs or warranty work.
I'm hoping to get a call today or next week from my dealer (hahahahaa...) about getting it in for a repair. Fingers crossed that will be the last repair under warranty. That being said, trade in is more than I paid for it and I am not above trading this in for something else. I tend to go through a lot of vehicles because I have no self control. ?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
RedlyrsRevenge

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Update 11/17
Called my dealer several times now. I have not gotten through to a human yet. Several voicemails have been left. I'm giving them until this afternoon before I check with the dealer the next town over. Supposedly the seals are in stock now with Ford. Hell, I might just order it and do it myself. The seal is less than $10 and I can wrench. This crap has gone on long enough...

OP
OP
RedlyrsRevenge

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Update 11/30

So after ~five calls unanswered I decided to take off work a little early and pay a visit to the dealer in person. Long story short they have had the part since the 12th and supposedly had tried to call me to schedule. Sure... I have no inbound calls from them and they could not confirm with the scheduler that they tried to call me. So I have an appointment on the 7th to drop it off. Hopefully they can knock out the two recalls as well. I might have them do an oil change since it will be right about 4k miles on it then. Get that first one out of the way. Maybe I can twist their arm to do it on the house as I had to wait two months for parts.

I'll report back next week with the conclusion.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
At this point they should be begging you to let them change your oil for free as a good-will gesture.

OP
OP
RedlyrsRevenge

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
At this point they should be begging you to let them change your oil for free as a good-will gesture.
Especially considering there is another dealer closer to me. I picked them because they are halfway between my house and work. I have also dealt with their other brand dealers and had no problems. The Ford location has not been winning any praise...

OP
OP
RedlyrsRevenge

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Update 12/7-12/8

Dropped off the truck 12/7 in the AM. Told me it would be a day to do the work.
Got a message today (12/8) at 11AM that it was done. Invoice says they had to take the rotors, calipers and sway bar to get the drive shaft out.
They also performed two recalls. One for the belts and one for the rear seat child seat anchors. Looks like I am getting new headrests eventually.
I will pick it up after work today.

grammat95

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor - Lariat (Black)
Occupation
Maritime Professional
Update 12/7-12/8

Dropped off the truck 12/7 in the AM. Told me it would be a day to do the work.
Got a message today (12/8) at 11AM that it was done. Invoice says they had to take the rotors, calipers and sway bar to get the drive shaft out.
They also performed two recalls. One for the belts and one for the rear seat child seat anchors. Looks like I am getting new headrests eventually.
I will pick it up after work today.
Sean,

Did the dealer ever say what caused the leak? It looks like my truck just developed a leak from the same spot.

Thanks,
Ted

OP
OP
RedlyrsRevenge

RedlyrsRevenge

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MH/FE Parts Salesman
Sean,

Did the dealer ever say what caused the leak? It looks like my truck just developed a leak from the same spot.

Thanks,
Ted
Never saw any specifics as to why it leaked. Could have been an improperly installed seal by the original builder or just a bad seal. It definitely had been leaking the entire time up until that point.

Just make sure they put oil back into it when they reseal it. My dealer didn't and I ended up having to get a whole new front diff... long story on that.
Sponsored