Front end noise

Burntchicken

First Name
Marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Xlt
Hello, first post, so I installed some fox 2.0’s about two weeks ago and put the stock wheels back on, everything was fine.

Then yesterday I put on my new wheels and tires, but as I did I noticed my both sway bar endlink boots were off so I loosed the nut to help to put it back on, tightened them back. Also torqued the axle nuts.

But after doing that I drove the truck then started getting some vibration then a clunking sound appeared when tires are moving and increase with speed.

It’s raining today so I will check everything when that stops, but would anyone know beforehand what the noise could be? Appreciate it.
Sponsored

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Hello, first post, so I installed some fox 2.0’s about two weeks ago and put the stock wheels back on, everything was fine.

Then yesterday I put on my new wheels and tires, but as I did I noticed my both sway bar endlink boots were off so I loosed the nut to help to put it back on, tightened them back. Also torqued the axle nuts.

But after doing that I drove the truck then started getting some vibration then a clunking sound appeared when tires are moving and increase with speed.

It’s raining today so I will check everything when that stops, but would anyone know beforehand what the noise could be? Appreciate it.
Have you tried putting the original wheels back on to see if the vibration is still occurring?

OP
OP

Burntchicken

First Name
Marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Xlt
Have you tried putting the original wheels back on to see if the vibration is still occurring?
not yet, but the vibration was a 40-50mph then it just turned into a clunking noise immediately and got worse as I limped it home. Tires are balanced.

Reactions: Doc

chrisakz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Supercab XLT FX4
I would recheck your lug nuts.. I’ve noticed with hub centric rims that it’s quite a snug fit to lay them flat on the face of the rotor

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Did you get an alignment after the lift?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Didn’t tighten the lug nuts smh, double checked every wheel but that one, sorry yall
Glad it's an easy fix and you and the Ranger are still alive!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Not to worry, I've done my share ... ?

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Agreed. You were wise enough to park it until you figured out what was causing the issue. Glad you got it sorted the cheap way.
Sponsored