Free Sync 3 Navigation Map Updates (NA 1 18)

Phillip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I did. The problem seemed to be the zip file size being too large. I downloaded RAR Extractor and Expander. Worked fine except one of the .gz files was in the root folder. Moved it, loaded to a USB stick, and did the update without a problem. Just took an hour and a half.

—
Tom
Would any of you be kind enough to share your downloaded map update .zip with us? They are now charging $110 for the same thing that others get for $40 or some even for free. When we spend this kind of money on a truck, it would be nice if they gave us map updates for life, like most other map softwares do. Greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Would any of you be kind enough to share your downloaded map update .zip with us? They are now charging $110 for the same thing that other get for $40 or some even for free. When we spend this kind of money on a truck, they should give us map updates for life, like nearly all other map softwares do.
The map update itself is something like 15GB, which could be shared, but the piece that cannot be shared is the key file. That is specific (I think) to your VIN.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
After about six tries loading the downloaded files and making sure my files on the thumb drive matched exactly what everyone says works, it still fails to load. Did get a 006 error code the last time and called Ford to check on that. They said it is a license related issue and passed my information to their tech group. Should hear back next week some time.

DBaz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Completed the update today...no issues. Was prepared for a long wait but the update finished in about 35 minutes.

Noticed a lot of the questions posted here are answered in the instructions.

Justinock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
The map update itself is something like 15GB, which could be shared, but the piece that cannot be shared is the key file. That is specific (I think) to your VIN.
If i use another VIN and SYNC serial number to get a free download, will the update not work? Is there any risk in trying? Can I mess up my system trying? I really don’t want to have to pay $100 for the file.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
If i use another VIN and SYNC serial number to get a free download, will the update not work? Is there any risk in trying? Can I mess up my system trying? I really don’t want to have to pay $100 for the file.
I really have no idea - I wouldn't want to try - it could be an expensive experiment.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $40 from Ford. It's $100 now?

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Just an opinion, but if it had not been free, I certainly would not have done it. I prefer to use Apple/Google/Waze maps over the Ford navigation. It's not that I dislike Ford navigation, but the others interact with my iPhone calendar, and can select the destination from there. And with one or more of the others, I can select the route I want to go.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just an opinion, but if it had not been free, I certainly would not have done it. I prefer to use Apple/Google/Waze maps over the Ford navigation. It's not that I dislike Ford navigation, but the others interact with my iPhone calendar, and can select the destination from there. And with one or more of the others, I can select the route I want to go.
I run Waze with the Native Nav running the entire trip. WAZE is especially a great idea and implemented well. Saved my ass a few times..LOL

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
After about six tries loading the downloaded files and making sure my files on the thumb drive matched exactly what everyone says works, it still fails to load. Did get a 006 error code the last time and called Ford to check on that. They said it is a license related issue and passed my information to their tech group. Should hear back next week some time.
Still no word from Ford Tech. Problem wit trying to accomplish anything during the holidays.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the $40 stick update. It took around 1 hour 40 minutes.

Jerry Caldwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Architect
I guess I may have to resort to that. Getting no real help from Ford and I have been screwing with it for 30 days and multiple tries with nothing but failure. Latest error is mem_err_01.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I may have to resort to that. Getting no real help from Ford and I have been screwing with it for 30 days and multiple tries with nothing but failure. Latest error is mem_err_01.
I tried downloading and kept getting the error so I opted for the $40. I bought it a month or so ago and finally installed it today.

fusseli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4 White Platinum Tri-Coat
Occupation
EE
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the free one a few weeks ago, it completed successfully, but didn't update the map version to NA 1 18??? I'm tempted to try the USB order while it's still only $40

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I installed the free one a few weeks ago, it completed successfully, but didn't update the map version to NA 1 18??? I'm tempted to try the USB order while it's still only $40
There's a discussion about it still not showing the correct map number until Sync 3.4 is released; around post #52.
Sponsored