Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Ford ASSET Instructor - Program Director
I have 2.3.48 - I need to try that version - Thanks Loren
Here's the million dollar question - why wouldn't the current release have all the features of a previous version?

Just confirmed, 2.3.48 does not have the GUI for PCM changes on mine either - also running paid version.

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the million dollar question - why wouldn't the current release have all the features of a previous version?

Just confirmed, 2.3.48 does not have the GUI for PCM changes on mine either - also running paid version.
Thats where it gets tricky
Could be they just had a regression issue
OR they found an issue on .47 and took it out of .48

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Also, .47 doesn't exist on the FORScan site anymore. When you go to version history, the link for .47 takes you to .46. I grabbed the .47 file by changing the file location name - it did download - installed .47 and sadly, still no GUI/Easy Mode for the PCM.

I have the Ford Performance Tune if that matters.

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Also, .47 doesn't exist on the FORScan site anymore. When you go to version history, the link for .47 takes you to .46. I grabbed the .47 file by changing the file location name - it did download - installed .47 and sadly, still no GUI/Easy Mode for the PCM.

I have the Ford Performance Tune if that matters.
Did you try creating a new set up (or what ever its called) file? The one that loads at the start.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try creating a new set up (or what ever its called) file? The one that loads at the start.
A new profile.

99% of the time, with a paid license this is all you need to do.

5G Dan-O

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aha, I did not do that. Thanks for the info @Gizmokid2005

I will have to flash the PCM to stock first and then create a new profile unless that issue has been fixed. I was not able to create a profile with the tune in the PCM. Once the tune was removed, I was able to create a profile and then re-flash the tune back in.
I just paid for a full version a couple weeks or so ago so I have been using the old profile.

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ok just loaded .47 and did a new profile - no joy
Tried both the "canned" profile and the start from scratch. Also tried both 2019 and 2020.

daczone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
If anyone is still using a adapter with a HS/MS switch you should really get the approved adapter ($59 on Amazon), and it is so much nicer to not have to switch it back and forth as you work your way through any of these mods with Forscan.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Saw this over on the F150 forums. This was one of the most irritating things the ranger would do in winter time, flippimg to fresh air every 10 min... Maybe it will work for you guys. I just did it on my F150 but it'll be months before I can test it.

If you want to give disabling it a try:
HVAC
733-01-07 xxxx x8xx xx (If OEM is A)

If you have a OEM as-built other than A, reference the spread sheet to find the correct value.

HVAC Forscan.JPG

SSM 50015 - 2020-2021 Various Vehicles - Enhanced Windshield Anti Fogging Strategy (EWAFS)

Some 2020-2021 Ford and Lincoln vehicles are equipped with an anti-fogging feature known as enhanced windshield anti fogging strategy (EWAFS). This feature automatically adjusts airflow in the cabin to prevent the windshield from fogging up and may be perceived by customers as irregular climate control functionality. To reduce fogging, the EWAFS functions include: the air condition (A/C) button may turn on and off automatically, recirculated air may turn off automatically in all air modes except MAX A/C, recirculated air may also turn on and off automatically in various airflow modes in order to improve heating or cooling efficiency, and in auto climate control, high humidity conditions may automatically engage A/C compressor, increase blower motor speed and/or direct more air to windshield. Continue to monitor the Workshop Manual (WSM) for EWAFS updates.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...an-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/post-154137

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
ONE QUESTION .....have a tune on truck do i revert it back to stock before i use for-scan ????

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
ONE QUESTION .....have a tune on truck do i revert it back to stock before i use for-scan ????
Revert back before taking it into the dealer for any service. If they do an update with the aftermarket tune your base tune will be out of date

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I received the cable this weekend and immediately did the brake recalibrate. Holy crap what a difference. That was worth the price of the cable and some... Seriously. Its brakes like a real truck now. Cant believe it.

Given that forscan is free... man what a deal.

Question - I could not figure out how to disable the ASS within forscan. What am I missing??
Sponsored