First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
When I had my focus and did stuff they had windows down with remote. Do that with the ranger?
Yes, it should be in the manual under windows and mirrors. If its like mine, you just unlock the unit then hold the unlock until the windows move. I also had to enable this feature in the settings menu in the cluster. (someone with a US ranger can confirm)
EDIT: Found out from member Big BLue the US modesl need a module.

Is there a way to increase the ambient light output? Even on high setting, it is very dim
No, if its turned up all the way in the settings, thats all you will get from it.

-One thing I noticed, when you open the door the light in the handle will change to a different color.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yes, it should be in the manual under windows and mirrors. If its like mine, you just unlock the unit then hold the unlock until the windows move. I also had to enable this feature in the settings menu in the cluster. (someone with a US ranger can confirm)
Not on US Rangers. We don't have door modules. Need to buy a after market module for this to work. A couple threads on it. Do a search.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Not on US Rangers. We don't have door modules. Need to buy a after market module for this to work. A couple threads on it. Do a search.
I corrected the post Thank You, When I searched the first thing I found on youtube was a 2019 US Ranger demonstrating this function. I guess they added a module. Its hard to believe such simple functions are missing from US versions of Rangers. Then again, Ford Pass is useless here. there is no remote or point capabilities here. You cant do anything with it :mad:

BigBallin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor
When I did my focus I didnā€™t need any extended license it was all free. Need to buy a license to change settings in the ranger?

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if I should post this here or in Lighting.
Interesting issue with my recently installed switchback turns.
Iā€™ve noticed that they run Amber as DRLā€™s (having the switch on AUTO). They will turn White once the headlights come on and stay on.
If I manually set the switch to parking lights they are White.
If I manually set the switch to headlights they are white.
Seems like leaving the switch on Auto causes them to run Amber until the headlights come on - weird.
Now, I did make the change (Forscan) awhile back where my Parking lights are my DRLā€™s.....and when I did that only the Front lights are used for DRLā€™s....not my side markers or tail lights.
any ideaā€™s as to why the switchbacks act this way?

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if I should post this here or in Lighting.
Interesting issue with my recently installed switchback turns.
Iā€™ve noticed that they run Amber as DRLā€™s (having the switch on AUTO). They will turn White once the headlights come on and stay on.
If I manually set the switch to parking lights they are White.
If I manually set the switch to headlights they are white.
Seems like leaving the switch on Auto causes them to run Amber until the headlights come on - weird.
Now, I did make the change (Forscan) awhile back where my Parking lights are my DRLā€™s.....and when I did that only the Front lights are used for DRLā€™s....not my side markers or tail lights.
any ideaā€™s as to why the switchbacks act this way?
I think I figured out what the problem is but I do not know the solution.
When I used Forscan to change my DRLā€™s I made the following change that I believe uses my TURN signals for DRLā€™s as I did not want my side markers or rear tail lights on when in DRL mode
BdyCm
726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx and
726-50-01 0886

This causes my switchbacks to run Amber in the AUTO setting as they are in the turn signal mode (not flashing as they are DRL at this point - they do work correctly when I have my switch on parking or headlight mode).

What I am after is to have the switchbacks be white with no other lights on for DRL in the Auto mode.

Can anyone offer advice as to if this is possible in Forscan or will I have to enable Parking Lights only for DRLā€™s and then be forced to have to side markers and rear tail lights on as well.

Appreciate any assistance for you folks with the Forscan knowledge.
Thanks.

Last edited:

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
When I used Forscan to change my DRLā€™s I made the following change that I believe uses my TURN signals for DRLā€™s as I did not want my side markers or rear tail lights on when in DRL mode
BdyCm
726-50-01 0886

This causes my switchbacks to run Amber in the AUTO setting as they are in the turn signal mode (not flashing as they are DRL at this point - they do work correctly when I have my switch on parking or headlight mode).

What I am after is to have the switchbacks be white with no other lights on for DRL in the Auto mode.

Can anyone offer advice as to if this is possible in Forscan or will I have to enable Parking Lights only for DRLā€™s and then be forced to have to side markers and rear tail lights on as well.

Thanks.
i dont know about you but i like having the sidemarker and tail lights on when with drls, cant be too safe with the idiots here in upstate NY

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
BdyCm
726-50-01 0886

Thanks.
Sorry to keep adding on here but Iā€™ve been playing with this for awhile now.
Iā€™ve tried a few changes I saw on the F150 forum and nothing helps. No matter what I do my switchbacks run amber in the AUTO setting (and with a bit of flickering)....only in the Auto setting. Manually having the headlight switch set for parking light or headlight mode they are fine (white) with no flicker.
I went into BdyCM and enabled DRL uses parking light.....still amber. Also, my menu choices for DRL in BdyCM specifically says TURN SIGNALS(which it says is 8)
My BdyCM as built still has
726-50-01 0886 when I enable Use Parking lights for DRL. Is this right?

How are folks that have switchbacks configuring this so that the switchbacks are WHITE for DRLā€™s????
Very frustrated.
Please help.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. Letā€™s wrap this up.
Bottom line is there appears to be no way to do what I want as the option to do that is using Turn Lamps and not Parking Lamps. Thatā€™s why my switchbacks were amber.
I reset BdyCM and started over. I now have parking lights as DRLā€™s and my fogs. The switchbacks now work as they should. I did not want my headlights on thats why I used the fogs instead. I guess Iā€™ll have to live with the fogs - issue with having those included as DRLā€™s is that they are the superbright white/yellow and toggle between the colors with each on/off meaning sometimes my DRL fogs will be white, sometimes yellow and I probably wonā€™t know which they are.
Until someone with coding knowledge might be able to dig into this, itā€™s the way itā€™s gonna be.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. Letā€™s wrap this up.
Bottom line is there appears to be no way to do what I want as the option to do that is using Turn Lamps and not Parking Lamps. Thatā€™s why my switchbacks were amber.
I reset BdyCM and started over. I now have parking lights as DRLā€™s and my fogs. The switchbacks now work as they should. I did not want my headlights on thats why I used the fogs instead. I guess Iā€™ll have to live with the fogs - issue with having those included as DRLā€™s is that they are the superbright white/yellow and toggle between the colors with each on/off meaning sometimes my DRL fogs will be white, sometimes yellow and I probably wonā€™t know which they are.
Until someone with coding knowledge might be able to dig into this, itā€™s the way itā€™s gonna be.
Hooray!!!! I figured out how to do it - run parking lamps only as DRLā€™s. No headlights or fogs.
I tried using the option ā€˜Dedicated DRLā€™ ( which I think is for Lariats) figuring since my XLT doesnā€™t have them it would just cause nothing to come on and left Enable Parking as DRL and it worked.
I might down the road revert back to single white fogs and go back to including them but at least for now I donā€™t have to always wonder what color my fogs are as DRLā€™s ( just my OCD! Haha)

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Hooray!!!! I figured out how to do it - run parking lamps only as DRLā€™s. No headlights or fogs.
I tried using the option ā€˜Dedicated DRLā€™ ( which I think is for Lariats) figuring since my XLT doesnā€™t have them it would just cause nothing to come on and left Enable Parking as DRL and it worked.
I might down the road revert back to single white fogs and go back to including them but at least for now I donā€™t have to always wonder what color my fogs are as DRLā€™s ( just my OCD! Haha)
The front parking lights also includes the side ones too? If so, I have the raptor grill lights which I'd like to run as DRLs along with the parking lights. Out of curiosity, if you get into a daytime accident and you aren't using headlamp DRLs, could you be liable if they determine the accident could have been avoided? I can't recall if DRLs are mandatory.

apotocki

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Force Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
The front parking lights also includes the side ones too? If so, I have the raptor grill lights which I'd like to run as DRLs along with the parking lights. Out of curiosity, if you get into a daytime accident and you aren't using headlamp DRLs, could you be liable if they determine the accident could have been avoided? I can't recall if DRLs are mandatory.
Parking lights are front turn lamps, side markers, and tail lights.
No idea as to your other question. Iā€™ve seen plenty of vehicles with no DRLā€™s so Iā€™d be pretty surprised if that was ever a issue - and more so as by doing it this way you have more lighting than just 1/2 power headlights.

Last edited:

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
My Lariat from April of 2019 does not have the seat heaters icons on the screen. I guess when I finally get around to hook up and play with ForScan it will be one other thing to tweak.
Anyone know which module this is in? Is it apim and can the seat heaters be added to lariat screen?

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Anyone know which module this is in? Is it apim and can the seat heaters be added to lariat screen?
I believe itā€™s the apim, and yes, they should be easy to add.
Sponsored