FORScan Modifications

Wasatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Supercab
Okay lesson learn just changing the numeric value did not turn off the Auto Start/Stop, had to go to functions and disable it also. Works great no more annoying engine turn off at stop signs.
Can anyone elaborate on this? I too found that disabling the 'Auto Start Stop' in the IPC module did not work. It only turns off the confirmation in the dash.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Can anyone elaborate on this? I too found that disabling the 'Auto Start Stop' in the IPC module did not work. It only turns off the confirmation in the dash.
You need to turn it off in the BCM configuration as well. It's in the BMS area of the menus.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
This thread is now 53 pages long, so I apologize if this has been asked. I found references but saw differing answers, especially with regard to the difference between the original file that I saved on my first connection and the "As Built" file that some are saying you download from Ford.

I have been using Forscan, so far with no issues. I am only changing things that are very "harmless", such as time the stereo can play without the car turned on, turning off the fake engine noise, etc. I have kept a spreadsheet of all changes, listing what module, starting value, ending value, etc.

If I decide to switch everything back (for whatever reason), I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.
  • First, I must load the profile that I saved when I first connected to the car, before any modifications were done.
  • Then, I must load each module in which I made changes and click the "Write All" button, which would reset all of the changes that I have made since this file was created.
Am I understanding this correctly? I am not foreseeing this being necessary, but just wanted to know for peace of mind.

Thanks for any assistance.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
@TimmyB good question. I have the downloaded asbuilt file and have a spreadsheet like you. There is a way to save .eb files, but I haven't gone that far. I'm only doing minor stuff and I'm comfortable with changing stuff. I hope I don't regret that.

Another question. Navigation in Motion isn't available in the APIM module on my 2020 Lariat. Does anyone know where that is for the 2020?

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Is it possible to make the text reply options selectable when driving? When someone sends me a text and it is a simple yes, no, I'm driving type of response, I'd like to just select one of them, but they are greyed out and only allow you to use them when stopped. Seems counterintuitive as some will just start texting while driving. If you can change a radio station or push a climate control button, seems you should be able to push one more button for a text reply. My Ridgeline had this ability while driving.

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
Is it possible to make the text reply options selectable when driving? When someone sends me a text and it is a simple yes, no, I'm driving type of response, I'd like to just select one of them, but they are greyed out and only allow you to use them when stopped. Seems counterintuitive as some will just start texting while driving. If you can change a radio station or push a climate control button, seems you should be able to push one more button for a text reply. My Ridgeline had this ability while driving.
I get options I can press to send a reply while driving my 2020 Ranger. About 8 or 9 options, if I remember correctly.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If I decide to switch everything back (for whatever reason), I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.
  • First, I must load the profile that I saved when I first connected to the car, before any modifications were done.
  • Then, I must load each module in which I made changes and click the "Write All" button, which would reset all of the changes that I have made since this file was created.
Am I understanding this correctly? I am not foreseeing this being necessary, but just wanted to know for peace of mind.

Thanks for any assistance.
Hopefully I will make this simple.
You only have one profile, the one for your truck. You load it every time you connect Forscan to your truck.

If you want to revert to the original settings, you must load up the as-built of a module you changed. Then you call up the as-buildt back-up file you hopefully saved when you first loaded Forscan. You then write the module. You then repeat this for each module you made changes to.

I have back-ups of the original as-buildts and incremental back-ups as I have made changes. I always make a back-up before I make a change, so I can revert back to the last working version of something goes wrong.

Working with the down loaded as-built file from Ford is a bit of a PITA. It is in a different format from what Forscan uses, and all the modules are in one file. If you know how to manipulate delimited text files, you can spend some time formatting into spreadsheets for each module. I did this for my truck. You will find some modules Forscan doesn't show you and some that don't have all the PIDs that Forscan does. These are usually things like place holders for radio presets and the like. I also went through and created spreadsheets for the GUI menus for each module. You can find interesting things there. I have to recheck my APIM sheet after the last SYNC update some options may have changed.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully I will make this simple.
You only have one profile, the one for your truck. You load it every time you connect Forscan to your truck.

If you want to revert to the original settings, you must load up the as-built of a module you changed. Then you call up the as-buildt back-up file you hopefully saved when you first loaded Forscan. You then write the module. You then repeat this for each module you made changes to.

I have back-ups of the original as-buildts and incremental back-ups as I have made changes. I always make a back-up before I make a change, so I can revert back to the last working version of something goes wrong.

Working with the down loaded as-built file from Ford is a bit of a PITA. It is in a different format from what Forscan uses, and all the modules are in one file. If you know how to manipulate delimited text files, you can spend some time formatting into spreadsheets for each module. I did this for my truck. You will find some modules Forscan doesn't show you and some that don't have all the PIDs that Forscan does. These are usually things like place holders for radio presets and the like. I also went through and created spreadsheets for the GUI menus for each module. You can find interesting things there. I have to recheck my APIM sheet after the last SYNC update some options may have changed.
Ok, thanks! I've been working with spreadsheets since they were developed, so working with csv's is nothing big. I might do this just to see what else is out there!

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok, thanks! I've been working with spreadsheets since they were developed, so working with csv's is nothing big. I might do this just to see what else is out there!
Have fun. The GUI menus do make it easier make changes to things than editing the Hex codes. But, there are a few changes that still require it. Can't remember them right now, but they haven't made it to the menus yet.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Have fun. The GUI menus do make it easier make changes to things than editing the Hex codes. But, there are a few changes that still require it. Can't remember them right now, but they haven't made it to the menus yet.
Yeah, I was dealing with hex way back in the 80's when I was working in the Point-of-Sale industry. That doesn't scare me too much, but the nice thing about the GUI's is that they are relatively idiot-proof! Not that I would ever put the wrong value in or anything!!! ? :facepalm: Thanks, again!

jzinckgra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I get options I can press to send a reply while driving my 2020 Ranger. About 8 or 9 options, if I remember correctly.
odd, mine are greyed out. even says in the manual that in order to reply, you have to pull over. whats the point as i'd just use my phone then

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Is there anything else that can be enabled under the truck info menu? Currently the only option on my 2021 4x4 locking diff XLT is power distribution

Attachments

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Is there anything else that can be enabled under the truck info menu? Currently the only option on my 2021 4x4 locking diff XLT is power distribution
Let's try that again - the embedded MOV doesn't seem to play for me, but i can save it and see it works. here's another link:

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Let's try that again - the embedded MOV doesn't seem to play for me, but i can save it and see it works. here's another link:
You should try scrolling *up and down* when on that screen. However, I think the "off-road" screen/gauges are specific to the FX4 package only. However if you look at the wiki you'll find "Off Road Gauge" which you can enable to give you that extra screen if you don't have it already.

Last edited:

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
You should try scrolling left and right when on that screen. However, I think the "off-road" screen/gauges are specific to the FX4 package only. However if you look at the wiki you'll find "Off Road Gauge" which you can enable to give you that extra screen if you don't have it already.
ah I' don't have the FX4 package. I cannot scroll on that screen. I'll take a look.
Sponsored