Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
What does "Corner light mode for fog lights' do?
It turns on the fog light as you turn a corner, to help light up the way.
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks.
Will have to do that one.

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Quick question for you guys, I did some forscan modifications last night. Everything went great, but something new has popped up. When I start my 2020 XLT 4x4 now, a little menu pops up on my center screen on the cluster telling me what seatbelts are belted and I have to hit OK to make it go away.

I'm assuming I did this in the IPC config.

Changes I've made up to the point of noticing the seatbelt screen:
-Raptor splash
-Auto start stop disabled
-Fob double click for alarm
-DRL include parking lamps
-Disabled the 3 do do do's
-Enabled offroad screen/gauge
-Frost warning enabled

I do not recall writing any other changes and I do have a backup of all of my configs. Would like to know if anyone else has ran into this and if I can make a quick fix without re-doing things and hunting it down.

I have made some changes post this as well. Can always fall back but I'd prefer to just turn off this stupid little seatbelt popup.

Thanks!

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Quick question for you guys, I did some forscan modifications last night. Everything went great, but something new has popped up. When I start my 2020 XLT 4x4 now, a little menu pops up on my center screen on the cluster telling me what seatbelts are belted and I have to hit OK to make it go away.

I'm assuming I did this in the IPC config.
I'm pretty sure the seatbelt popup warning is enabled/disabled in the regular vehicle menu on the dash (i.e., not by making changes with Forscan) At least, it is in my Lariat, under Settings -> Vehicle.

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I'm pretty sure the seatbelt popup warning is enabled/disabled in the regular vehicle menu on the dash (i.e., not by making changes with Forscan) At least, it is in my Lariat, under Settings -> Vehicle.
Excellent! Perhaps in my changes it enabled that feature that isn't usually on the XLT. I'll give that a shot thanks!

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Update: I was not able to find anything on the truck itself

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
For those with Forscan and the Factory Tow Package, can you tell me what your setting is in APIM & IPC for Trailer? I installed the Factory/Redarc unit with the Factory Hitch. However, when I look at Forscan I see a few of the settings set to disable. Wondering if this is something the factory would have changed when factory installed, and something the dealer would be changing if they installed. They may only be for F-150's, etc., but I'm double checking.

Namely:
IPC / Trailer Tow Backup Assist = Disabled
IPC /Trailer Reverse Guidance=Disabled

APIM / Trailer Tow Backup Assist = Disabled
APIM /Trailer Reverse Guidance=Disabled

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
For those with Forscan and the Factory Tow Package, can you tell me what your setting is in APIM & IPC for Trailer? I installed the Factory/Redarc unit with the Factory Hitch. However, when I look at Forscan I see a few of the settings set to disable. Wondering if this is something the factory would have changed when factory installed, and something the dealer would be changing if they installed. They may only be for F-150's, etc., but I'm double checking.

Namely:
IPC / Trailer Tow Backup Assist = Disabled
IPC /Trailer Reverse Guidance=Disabled

APIM / Trailer Tow Backup Assist = Disabled
APIM /Trailer Reverse Guidance=Disabled
Feedback has been that these are functions NOT applicable to the Ranger.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Does it turn both fog lamps on in a turn ? Or only on the side towards the turn ?
Only the side you turn towards. I turned this on but find it very sensitive. Meaning I can slightly turn the wheel and the light is coming on. Bothers me more than I felt it was helping. Just my feelings on it though.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Only the side you turn towards. I turned this on but find it very sensitive. Meaning I can slightly turn the wheel and the light is coming on. Bothers me more than I felt it was helping. Just my feelings on it though.
Thanks. Had this feature on our two Hyundai Tucsons. Great feature and really lights up the dark turn path, but also came on a bit early with small wheel movements.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Does it turn both fog lamps on in a turn ? Or only on the side towards the turn ?
Only the side towards the turn. I am not sure what the angle of turn needs to be but it needs to be fairly sharp. It does not turn them on for example when changing lanes or something similar. I have a road near me that has several sharp turns probably near 90 degrees. It is noticeable and pretty handy there.

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
Does this "Corner light mode for fog lights" activation have an on/off option in the IPC. If ENABLED will it always be active when the vehicle is making turns? Is it in function mode only when the lights are on? Lights set to auto?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
just finished my 1st foray into ForScan! Thanks for all the info guys!
Changed codes to make my new Lariat lights work correctly, Bambi mode, and Fog steering.
Man the latter is sensitive! Used the off road screen to try and gauge the angle at which it turns on. Its like 1 or 2 degrees and they came on! Would be nice if we could change that to 5-10, but happy with it none the less.
Oh and to answer the Qs above
It's in the BdyCM module configuration - no hex, just enable
Always on with headlights (on or auto)

Nick Barber

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager