Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I recently got a 2019 Ranger and I am new to FORScan. I am planning on doing some of the FORScan mods (i.e. Offroad display, TM mode) but have some questions regarding warranty. I understand that any modifications could void the warranty if the dealer can prove it was a direct result from that mod. I have couple of questions regarding that:

1. Are there any logs of FORScan accessing the system? Even if I revert values would the dealer be able to see that it was modded at some point?
2. If there are any software updates (i.e. Sync 3 ) do I have to revert back to the default config before installing the update? If I don't, would the software update overwrite the FORScan values to default?

Thanks in advance!
You'll be fine with FORScan, since it's only modifying config values to your modules. It's not actually flashing anything that could be harmful to the vehicle. Just make sure you take backups of your modules before making any changes with FORscan and you should be 100% fine.
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Here's the modules that need changed in order to get the full Speed Limit Sign reading to work:

IPC > Traffic Sign Recognition = Enabled
2020-06-24 18_00_59-.png

2020-06-24 18_02_06-FORScan v2.3.33 beta, Ford Ranger_Courier_Mazda B-Series EcoBoost Gasoline...png

2020-06-24 18_02_33-FORScan v2.3.33 beta, Ford Ranger_Courier_Mazda B-Series EcoBoost Gasoline...png

IPMA > Traffic Sign Recognition = Speed Limit Information Function (SLIF) AND Traffic Sign Recognition Mode = Camera Only On (other modes cause errors).
2020-06-24 18_03_24-Microsoft Store.png

2020-06-24 18_03_59-FORScan v2.3.33 beta, Ford Ranger_Courier_Mazda B-Series EcoBoost Gasoline...png

This all add the options that need to be enabled in the dash menu:

Driver Assist > Traffic Signs > Always On (It will show up in the area highlighted when it detects a speed limit sign. It will time go blank when you slow down and stop/turn a corner of speed up a lot).

2020-06-24 18_10_38-Photos.png

2020-06-24 18_10_47-20200624_175944.jpg ‎- Photos.png

2020-06-24 18_10_57-20200624_175950.jpg ‎- Photos.png
Make sure you follow the instructions! I missed one of the changes in the IPMA and my truck blew up!
JK ?
Wasn't displaying the speed and went back and re-read Ethan's direction, fixed it and it works!
Another XLT w/302a. No adaptive cruise so I guess it uses the lane assist camera.

One question, anyone know why some of us have US style speed limit sign icon and other (like me) have Euro circles?

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Setup it up this morning and I have the NA signs. Yes it does flash when you go over your tolerance setting. I have a 2020 XLT Sport with the 301A package.

20201223_113053.jpg
Hey Chris - could you post or send me a backup file of you IPC and IPMA As builts? Maybe I can compare the changes at the Hex level and see whats different to enable NA signs.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Hey Chris - could you post or send me a backup file of you IPC and IPMA As builts? Maybe I can compare the changes at the Hex level and see whats different to enable NA signs.
Good thought Mike, if you find something please post. I'd like the US signs on my MY2019 instead of the EU signs. Hoping it's not a firmware difference between model years. The camera does recognize the US speed signs so it is probably in the IPC module.

immersion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Lariat 4x4
I just did my first FORScan modification to enable the Offroad gauge. It worked beautifully. However, I noticed that the RPM meter next to the fuel level disappeared. I still see the analog view, but it no longer shows next to the fuel. Does anyone know why that happened?

IMG_20201229_171920.jpg

Edit: I reverted back the change but the RPM meter still does not appear.

Edit 2: Added a reference image of what it should look like.
IMG_20200522_122202.jpg

Last edited:

immersion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 Lariat 4x4
I just did my first FORScan modification to enable the Offroad gauge. It worked beautifully. However, I noticed that the RPM meter next to the fuel level disappeared. I still see the analog view, but it no longer shows next to the fuel. Does anyone know why that happened?

IMG_20201229_171920.jpg

Edit: I reverted back the change but the RPM meter still does not appear.

Edit 2: Added a reference image of what it should look like.
IMG_20200522_122202.jpg
I just remembered that I can configure that through Settings -> Display Setup -> Gauge Display. It seems FORScan updated the value to Fuel Gauge only. My bad!

SBCSD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport
Occupation
Areospace
Unfortunately I like to live dangerously and did not make a back up! Sorry

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Actually I was using the term for a save of your current Configs, but saving the As Built IPC and IPMA of your current settings not your original from the factory version. They save as .abt files. In Forscan open the IPC as built and once open select save all at the bottom. Repeat for IPMA

SBCSD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport
Occupation
Areospace
I was able to download my As-Built file from the Ford website as a .ab, would that help you Mike?

SBCSD

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT Sport
Occupation
Areospace
Actually I was using the term for a save of your current Configs, but saving the As Built IPC and IPMA of your current settings not your original from the factory version. They save as .abt files. In Forscan open the IPC as built and once open select save all at the bottom. Repeat for IPMA
Got it, I can get that for you in the morning.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Spent the last 3+ hours changing every single hex digital that's not a checksum digit in the SCCM and not a single one affected the turn signal flash count. They completely changed the SCCM on the Ranger compared to every single other Ford out there. So, far everything I've looked at and compare follows almost a standard format except this truck. WTF were they thinking?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Spent the last 3+ hours changing every single hex digital that's not a checksum digit in the SCCM and not a single one affected the turn signal flash count. They completely changed the SCCM on the Ranger compared to every single other Ford out there. So, far everything I've looked at and compare follows almost a standard format except this truck. WTF were they thinking?
Personally I think it's because this was a non-NA vehicle before it came over here, and there was a lot of modeling (and probably part/engineering sharing) between them, so instead of being built from something like the F-150, it was a separate platform and done differently. Ultimately who knows, but it is a bit frustrating that all the information out there for F-150s and whatnot is...completely irrelevant to the Ranger.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Personally I think it's because this was a non-NA vehicle before it came over here, and there was a lot of modeling (and probably part/engineering sharing) between them, so instead of being built from something like the F-150, it was a separate platform and done differently. Ultimately who knows, but it is a bit frustrating that all the information out there for F-150s and whatnot is...completely irrelevant to the Ranger.
There's no reason at all to completely change it only for the NA model. The international model is the same as the rest of them foreign and domestic.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
There are quite a few items from the F-150 spreadsheets that apply to the Ranger - not all for sure, but it is definitely not NONE.
Sponsored