FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
What is "Passive Entry Feature" it is Enabled on your vehicle. Mine has it Disabled.
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That's the system that's linked to the "smart" keyfobs and allows you to simply walk up to the truck and when you put your hand on the door handle it will automatically unlock the door(s). It also allows you to tap the indention on the door handle to lock the truck upon exit. A useful feature if your hands are full when exiting and can't or don't want to juggle to get the key to lock/unlock it.

jkloste2

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Maintenance Tech
Does anyone know if it's possible to turn on the reverse camera while not in reverse? Either through Forscan or another module? I've seen this in other vehicles and think it would be handy when towing a trailer. Thanks!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I wrote in another thread and am also posting here in search of...

In the continuing saga of the switchbacks, really didn't like the hyperflash dash indicators, so configured laptop to be the Forscan machine, connected up and applied the fix for hyperblink front turns.

This, in turn, caused the driver side flasher to do a 1-2-1-2-1-2...sequence which it wasn't doing yesterday. But switching polarity on the bulb-in-socket fixed that (pull bulb, rotate 180 degrees, reinstall). No more hyperblinking dash flashers and front/rear flashers doing fine. I like the white running lights addition.

Now, auto light function turns on low beams all the time, but green "lows" icon is lit and interior lights are all in night mode - before, the icon was off in auto mode the day time and dash lights bright.

I just had a thought about the turned bulb and I'll go reverse it again and see what it does, but anybody run across this before?:facepalm:
And no, bulb switch made no difference. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Which version of the Windows FORScan should a newbie download and use? Thanks

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Just did my first two FORscan mods...disable autostart/stop and bambi lights! and cleared my first DTC (ABS module)...pretty cool. I did notice that to start the CAN switch has to be in a certain position or it will fail the connection, then it asks to switch the CAN switch to MS

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Question for the FORscan gurus: Has anybody cracked or even looked at the skip-shift code on the transmission module? I heard there are a couple of aftermarket tunes that have that option but am not really interested in buying a whole engine tune just for that (I know, use the tow haul button or manual shift...might as well get a manual tranny then!)

Bzmustang13

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Done

On my Lariet the DRL lights are the LED lights that outline the headlights. With this enabled the Parking lights, also called marker lights, also come on. Since this is where I wired in my raptor grill lights now they are on with the DRLs. That is why I did that one. I figure a little extra visibility with having the other marker lights on as well cant be a bad thing.
Just got my Lariat and want to put the raptor lights on too. Did you get these from Stage 3/Custom Auto Works?
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2...orks-Raptor-Style-4-LED-Grille-Light-Kit.html

That is where I am getting mine and think they attach to the parking lights, too. I really want to use Forscan to enable those to turn on with my DRLs as well.

Do they also work with night-time low beams? Or stock are they just parking lights activated? Thanks for the info! New to doing this kind of stuff.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Looking for a little help,just swapped my instrument cluster,and need to turn off the Blind spot detection,and park aid as my XL does not have the sensors blah blah blah.
Not sure where to look,or what to change.Thanks in advance!

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I remember now. Go to motorcraft page and get your as built file based on your VIN. After putting in the new cluster, load the as built file and it will turn off those features. Then you can turn on the TM screen if that is what you are after.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
Looking for a little help,just swapped my instrument cluster,and need to turn off the Blind spot detection,and park aid as my XL does not have the sensors blah blah blah.
Not sure where to look,or what to change.Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Question for the FORscan gurus: Has anybody cracked or even looked at the skip-shift code on the transmission module? I heard there are a couple of aftermarket tunes that have that option but am not really interested in buying a whole engine tune just for that (I know, use the tow haul button or manual shift...might as well get a manual tranny then!)
Forscan cannot change any code in the modules, just enable/disable/change certain options. Skipping gears is not one of them. A tune is the only way to change that.

Not sure about your manually tranny comment? If you put the transmission in sport mode, but do NOT touch the plus or minus buttons, it will shift through the gears like Drive just will hold the gears a little longer. It also won't skip gears. Once you touch the buttons then you you have to use the buttons to change gears. Tow Mode in Drive is similar, but will also let you lock out the upper gears.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
I remember now. Go to motorcraft page and get your as built file based on your VIN. After putting in the new cluster, load the as built file and it will turn off those features. Then you can turn on the TM screen if that is what you are after.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
‘Thank you,I have that printed out already.
So do I have to some how go line by line and rewrite everything,or is ther e a specific area that needs changed/rewritten?

Thank you for your help with this by the way!

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
‘Thank you,I have that printed out already.
So do I have to some how go line by line and rewrite everything,or is ther e a specific area that needs changed/rewritten?

Thank you for your help with this by the way!
When you load the as built file, It will re-set it to whatever your truck had as factory settings thus disabling bliss and lane assist since our trucks being non-XLT did not come with it. Mine is an STX. If there is other stuff you want to turn on, you find that line item and turn it on. For me that was the TM system. My truck was 4x4 and I bought an XLT with 4x4 cluster, so I only needed to return the truck to my original as built file after installing the XLT cluster, then turn on TM and install the TM switch. I have not messed with any of the other features like bambi mode etc.

There maybe a shorter way of doing it by getting into ForScan and turning off the features line by line you don't want, but to me it is just as easy to load the as built file so you know you are not turning off something you need.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
When you load the as built file, It will re-set it to whatever your truck had as factory settings thus disabling bliss and lane assist since our trucks being non-XLT did not come with it. Mine is an STX. If there is other stuff you want to turn on, you find that line item and turn it on. For me that was the TM system. My truck was 4x4 and I bought an XLT with 4x4 cluster, so I only needed to return the truck to my original as built file after installing the XLT cluster, then turn on TM and install the TM switch. I have not messed with any of the other features like bambi mode etc.

There maybe a shorter way of doing it by getting into ForScan and turning off the features line by line you don't want, but to me it is just as easy to load the as built file so you know you are not turning off something you need.
Thanks HC,I’ll see what I can figure out.
Sponsored