FORScan Crowdsourced Wiki

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
This worked for me this morning. Thanks!
This is kind of a useless change at this point as the controls don't work.
Sponsored

GrandpaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Retired
This is kind of a useless change at this point as the controls don't work.
You had me curious so I went out and started her. Every control on the climate screen works as advertised/marked. So, in my case anyway, far from useless.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
The climate control on the dash screen works? The one where you use the steering wheel to control it?

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
The climate control on the dash screen works? The one where you use the steering wheel to control it?
The climate screen on the sync screen works. Thats what we’re putting back after the update broke it. My steering wheel has never controlled the climate unless using voice activation.

Theres also no climate screen on the dash of the XLT

GrandpaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
As @TylerV76 stated, I was trying to restore it on the Sync screen, which it did. This addresses what a lot of people experienced in updating to 3.4 - the climate controls disappearing on the Sync screen.

I have a Lariat but haven't used FORScan to put it on the right dash screen because, with voice controls, I hadn't really seen the need.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
This is the one adding climate control is meant for. Yours was probably a repeater issue.
20200801_115220.jpg

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Emissions testing supplier
This is the one adding climate control is meant for. Yours was probably a repeater issue.
20200801_115220.jpg
The ones I posted add the Climate controls back to the sync screen. You have to enable the mode and recirc icons for them to show on the sync screen. They are 2 separate icons you can enable or disable. The repeater function adds the main climate page to sync.

Theres a very large number of people who lost that page after updating sync. update.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Then we're talking about 2 different adding climates.

GrandpaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Being a little bored, I did the IPC modification for the Lariat climate on the lower right screen that @RCMUSTANG mentioned. As he indicated, the "climate controls" show but don't work. Not a big deal with voice and the 8" screen to control. Shame though.

I did notice (but not sure when it occurred ... either with the Ford 3.4 upgrade or my using FORScan for other things) that the small clock below the lower right box is blank. Just lines __:__ . Everything else shows (direction, etc.) Just a blank clock. I probably never used it but now that I know it's "missing" my OCD is kicking in. Lol

I might reset the whole system and start over now that I'm a bit more comfortable with FORScan.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Being a little bored, I did the IPC modification for the Lariat climate on the lower right screen that @RCMUSTANG mentioned. As he indicated, the "climate controls" show but don't work. Not a big deal with voice and the 8" screen to control. Shame though.

I did notice (but not sure when it occurred ... either with the Ford 3.4 upgrade or my using FORScan for other things) that the small clock below the lower right box is blank. Just lines __:__ . Everything else shows (direction, etc.) Just a blank clock. I probably never used it but now that I know it's "missing" my OCD is kicking in. Lol

I might reset the whole system and start over now that I'm a bit more comfortable with FORScan.
Just reset the time on the settings. It does that after writing changes.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
I just upgraded to the XLT dash cluster from the STX. My truck does not have bliss, lane assist, or parking assist so I get all of the warnings on the dash about those system faults.

My question is do I need to pull the new dash cluster back out, put the old one back in, then use FORScan to create my as built file, then put the new cluster back in and push the as built file to the truck so the new dash cluster won't think I have those options? I know doing this works from talking to another member who did the exact same process.
Or can I pull the as built off the truck with the new cluster in? It only took me 20 minutes to put it in so it's not that big of a deal.

My guess is pull out the new one, put the old one back in, upload, etc.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I just upgraded to the XLT dash cluster from the STX. My truck does not have bliss, lane assist, or parking assist so I get all of the warnings on the dash about those system faults.

My question is do I need to pull the new dash cluster back out, put the old one back in, then use FORScan to create my as built file, then put the new cluster back in and push the as built file to the truck so the new dash cluster won't think I have those options? I know doing this works from talking to another member who did the exact same process.
Or can I pull the as built off the truck with the new cluster in? It only took me 20 minutes to put it in so it's not that big of a deal.

My guess is pull out the new one, put the old one back in, upload, etc.
You should be able to get the as built from the motor craft site and then load it that way.

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm that "Panic Alarm Mode" in the BCM disables the horn when you hit the hazard button on the fob in your pocket.

Capture.PNG
Sponsored