First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Has anyone over the last two weeks been able to use the free version? I have not been able to get an ‘activation’ code but did get the 60 day license key, confused .?
TIA.
Off Forscan.org website
March 04, 2022 - Suspending Extended License sales

Due to sanctions against Russian banks and unability to transfer funds, we have to suspend selling Extended Licenses.

Then this was posted:
April 21, 2022 - Resuming Extended License sales

We have resumed selling paid Extended Licenses, thus far the 1 year only. We had to increase the price as the whole payment stuff is more expensive for us now.

So for now the lifetime license is not available.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
What does the instantaneous fuel economy gauge do?
Gives you a gauge the bounces around a lot and tells you absolutely nothing worth knowing.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat ranger 4x4
Hello.

Quick question how do I get to the IPC menu? I'm updated to the latest forscan and have extended license but when I connect to the truck this is the only ones that come up.

Attachments

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello.

Quick question how do I get to the IPC menu? I'm updated to the latest forscan and have extended license but when I connect to the truck this is the only ones that come up.
Create a new profile instead of using your existing one.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Hello.

Which OBD cable are you using? Did you purchase one of the recommended ones from here?

https://forscan.org/home.html

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
I will try a new profile.

This is the odb cable I got.
My bet is the cable isn’t compatible with all Forscan functions. I went through the same thing with an ELM327 cable. ELM327 cables are no longer recommended by the developers.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
My bet is the cable isn’t compatible with all Forscan functions. I went through the same thing with an ELM327 cable. ELM327 cables are no longer recommended by the developers.
That's not strictly true, they're still supported, you just need to make sure to not buy a "clone" ELM device, which can be hard to find. right on their supported adapters list:

• ELM327-compatible (fully compatible with original ELM327, please also see important note below)
Important note: after many years of continued project development, even those of few ELM327 that have relatively good quality, ceased to meet all of the FORScan requirements. Besides, majority of the adapters that are being sold under ELM327 trademark have quite dubious quality that dropped a lot in the past: in fact, they have nothing common with the famous "ELM327" brand but name. Thus we do not recommend any "ELM327" anymore. If possible, please use adapters recommended above (OBDLink, vLinker). FORScan will continue to support ELM327 adapters, but some new functionality may be limited or refuse to work on outdated adapters.
The switchable ELM that I've been using has been fine, the only annoyance is needing to flip the switch when FORscan instructs you, which was worth a $40 savings for me.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B083FML519/

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
That's not strictly true, they're still supported, you just need to make sure to not buy a "clone" ELM device, which can be hard to find. right on their supported adapters list:

The switchable ELM that I've been using has been fine, the only annoyance is needing to flip the switch when FORscan instructs you, which was worth a $40 savings for me.

For just a little more this cable works perfectly and no having to flip the switch.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
For just a little more this cable works perfectly and no having to flip the switch.
Yup, that's their "recommended" cable for FORscan. The $60 vs $20 price-tag was what kept me away from it. If it was half the price it would've been a no-brainer IMO.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer

FWIW, I had an ELM 327 cable with the switch that I had been using for years with my Mustang. When I got my Ranger it worked but didn't read all the modules. I purchased the Forscan recommended OBDLink EX+ and it works perfectly.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 lariat ranger 4x4

This is the one I have.

When it cools down out side ill try a new profile. If not then I'll order another adapter.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
This is the one I have.

When it cools down out side ill try a new profile. If not then I'll order another adapter.
This one works for me, I just needed to create a new profile in FORScan for the newer added modules to show up.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Yup, that's their "recommended" cable for FORscan. The $60 vs $20 price-tag was what kept me away from it. If it was half the price it would've been a no-brainer IMO.
The price is a little steep, but I had a gift card from work so it made the price a bit easier to swallow. Then again $60 for this cable is down-right cheap compared to the Vin number limited Vag-Com cable for VW/Audi's. Those run $2-300 for the cable, but at least the software's "free."
Sponsored