Fords new fix for Shudder for Ranger Tremor...

Lcr3000

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed that on my 2021 Tremor as well. When pulling a hill sometimes I manually downshift because as I slow down, it doesn't seem to be trained to shift down quick enough for my liking.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired

JalanX

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Project manager
21 Tremor and haven’t had any issues with trans or big bumps or slams and not any vibrations at any speeds(90 is the most I’ve gone). Once in a while I’d get the downshift feel when hung in like 6th or 7th going 25mph or so but that’s a normal characteristic & it barely does that anymore for whatever reason.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
Ignorance is bliss, I guess. I just crossed 20k on mine and never noticed this issue. However, did receivve a random letter in my snail mail with some lawyers wanting my case if I had mine lemon'ed or any repairs for this. Looks like a class action lawsuit might be brewing.

Knocks on wood...I love my truck.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
That guy

That guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger tremor
Just a wee update...

Heard back from the dealership... apparently they were sent a drive shaft and flange of for a Tremor. They had a miss understanding, and thought my truck was a non tremor. So, given that, I guess they may be looking for non tremors to upgrade the drive shaft to a CV axel to see if it eliminates vibrations. Back to square 1 :crazy:

RMCB214

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 F150 4WD, 74 Bronco
Occupation
Marketing
I had my 21 Tremor at the dealership at around 3000 miles for a mild shudder from a stop. It would go away after I got closer to 10 mph and wasn't noticed at highway or city driving speeds. They did the tsb and shimmed the rear. It shuddered leaving the dealer.

Dealt with that for another 4000 miles and decided to bring it up when they were checking other warranty concerns last week. This time they ordered and installed LB3Z 4R602 E driveshaft. They claimed the rear CV was binding. Pinion angle in spec at 5.6 degrees. Not sure if this new drive shaft is any different. It still has the Rzeppa CV at the pinion.

The new driveshaft didn't cure the problem. Maybe 20-30% better which honestly could be the placebo effect or wishful thinking. A tech loitering around the service desk alluded to the fact that they aren't supposed to go past 6 degrees on the pinon angle regardless. The shims they used on the initial TSB were paper thin.

I dropped the center bearing with 1/8" shims after the TSB but removed them prior to the drive shaft install. I may go back to those and go to 1/4". Quite frustrating.
Sponsored