?? for XLT Tremor owners

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Funnily enough it’s matched up every time I have looked at against Google maps limits. But good note, I remember when cars first had the NAVsystem they wouldn’t be updated as often as these days. I think Ford updated their maps again recently, got a FordPass notification to update sync 3.
One near my house that changed like 5 years ago is still wrong. They don't change speed limits often, but if you're relying on it to be right I'm not sure the cop will care that the truck is wrong. :)
Sponsored

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
One near my house that changed like 5 years ago is still wrong. They don't change speed limits often, but if you're relying on it to be right I'm not sure the cop will care that the truck is wrong. :)
Might help I’m in the deep heart of a city. Perhaps that might might be the difference in frequency of updates. Oh when cops pull me over, I’m just courteous and say I wasn’t quite paying attention or trying to get out of the pack of vehicles. They seemed to have let me go the few times I’ve been caught at 90Mph+ by them. Luckily no tickets and no written warnings. Just verbal. If I get a ticket, that’s my fault and I accept it 100%, honestly love every experience I’ve had with the cop. Never would I say “oh google maps told me this” actually it hurts me, I had to quickly take off my maps one time when pulled over as I used the excuse “I did not know the speed limit” in a new town I was driving in.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
If you only want the seats from the Lariat, I would say stick to the XLT Tremor. The Tremor XLT seats are quite nice and enough pleather for me. For sure a ton better than the normal XLT seats.

The two reasons I would have liked a Lariat would have been for the push button start and projector headlights. Once I put in Sylvania ZXE Gold halogen lights in the XLT it does not even bother me anymore. Stock bulbs were annoying though since our other vehicle is LED projector, now it isn't an issue for me. Not like the Lariat buckets would have eliminated the need for extra lighting off-road or anything. I depend on extra lights when off road at dusk/night.

Honestly though I prefer the instrument cluster on the XLT but I am sure the Lariat one would have grown on me. I love the large tach on the XLT. Makes for an easy time shifting manual when off road.

I could have gone either way honestly but there is something romantic about the more mechanical feel of the XLT Tremor that I dig.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have my XLT Tremor on order, but I keep going back and forth on whether to upgrade to the Lariat. The one option that I desire the most is the leather seating. I haven't seen a XLT Tremor in person so curious about your thoughts on the vinyl??
The Tremor seats on a Lariat have Miko Suede seating surface. Miko Suede is an artificial material, it is not leather.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I think I'm gonna stay with the XLT. I would rather spend the money on some aftermarket upgrades. I also would like the LED headlights but think I'll just buy some led bulbs to fit or get the Alpha LED headlamps for $775.
Be aware swapping headlights is a relatively lengthy process.
Its not difficult, just time consuming.

Last edited:

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
If the Tremor came with cloth seats, then i probably wouldve gotten the Lariat. The vinyl seats are very nice, although i only have 3500 miles on, cant say anything durability so far.

I upgraded the lights, honestly kinda disappointed in the alpharex besides the looks. If you were planning on upgrading, check ebay for the lariat lights, some have some cosmetic damage that isnt on the lens and you can possibly get a set under 1k easily.

I do wish i had the keyless doorhandles and auto start, but honestly i hated that lariat cluster so much i can deal with all those things. Happy where im at, and all the money i put into this truck incl wheels-tires-lights-bed cover-fender flares, and i believe im near the ballpark of where i wouldve paid for a lariat.

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
If the Tremor came with cloth seats, then i probably wouldve gotten the Lariat. The vinyl seats are very nice, although i only have 3500 miles on, cant say anything durability so far.

I upgraded the lights, honestly kinda disappointed in the alpharex besides the looks. If you were planning on upgrading, check ebay for the lariat lights, some have some cosmetic damage that isnt on the lens and you can possibly get a set under 1k easily.

I do wish i had the keyless doorhandles and auto start, but honestly i hated that lariat cluster so much i can deal with all those things. Happy where im at, and all the money i put into this truck incl wheels-tires-lights-bed cover-fender flares, and i believe im near the ballpark of where i wouldve paid for a lariat.
Good to know on the lights. Thanks, and I will likely be fine with the vinyl. Besides, I don't even have the truck yet and I already know I have $3500 in aftermarket stuff I want including the Ford Performance Tune.

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
I purchased a Lariat Tremor and can tell you the seats are a cheap fake leather... the seat inserts are described as Miko suade (fake leather) but they don't tell you the entire seat cover is also fake leather...

Please see / advise:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/tremor-vs-fx4-build.13437/post-306575
user name checks out. What in the world does your previous post link have to do with leather seats? Except that your unhappy and are trying to get back at Ford. I only put a deposit down, and will Inspect thouroughly before purchasing. I’m taking my brother who retired Last year from his job of buying cars for a dealer.
All mainstream car‘s leather is coated. My Porsche Macan‘s leather is coated. Doesn’t mean it’s not leather. Granted, I expect that it likely has a higher grade of quality because it was $66K new. I don't really need to worry about it as I am sticking with the XLT.

Last edited:

Pinbalz

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Service
I like the vinyl leather seats or whatever they are. The interior is way different with the Lariat and my friend who owns an XLT always says" man this thing is so different and nice in here than mine" EVERY TIME he comes in, granted that that was only 3 times now so far. But I also don't live in a super hot or super cold climate, so take that into consideration. Oh and I like the B&O sound system a lot. Plus, all the little extra goodies that come in the tech package just is the cherry on top to the Lariat.
I would agree. I went with the Lariat Tremor due to the Premium Sound and extra technology. The seats and LED everything were nice add ons but the tech and sound was reason I went Lariat! Either way, both nice trucks.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
['21 Ford Ranger XLT (Tremor) , BMW IX Electric
I had a Denali Canyon that I traded for mine. Heated leather seats+steering wheel, LED drls, bose sound system etc.

I was debating between the Lariat tremor and xlt tremor and ended up with the latter as all the prem options I had on my Denali was overkill for my needs. I bought my Tremor for $42k (it does have the remote start package and "fake" leather seats and the driving safely features like lane assist, etc). I mean its a truck and in cold weather, I just use the remote start 3-4mins early and it's enough to warm everything inside. I'm 46 yrs old and don't listen to loud radio anyways so the stock audio is more than good enough. I use Android Auto via my phone so get all the gps/text, etc off my phone.

The dealer wanted $49k for a lariat tremor and personally, I saw no reason to spend $7k over the xlt Tremor, and the 'upgrades' is mainly all cosmetic.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
I also got a big discount on my XLT Tremor.

The only thing that I miss from the Lariat is keyless start.

The others are LED headlights (Aftermarket fixes) and B&O sound (Not a huge difference).

I don't like the gauge cluster on the Lariat.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I’ve had mine for 10 months after previously owning a Lariat. The Vinyl trim is nice on the XLT. In the long run I think it will hold up better especially on that outer bolster that usually gets worn over time due to entering and exiting.
LED light bulb upgrade all around is easy, inexpensive and looks and performs great.
I ordered the Tech and tow package. I like the instrument cluster better in the XLT by far as others have mentioned.
Only thing I miss is the keyless start, but got used to the switchblade key in a month or so.
No regrets on the XLT purchase. I’d do it again.

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
I’ve had mine for 10 months after previously owning a Lariat. The Vinyl trim is nice on the XLT. In the long run I think it will hold up better especially on that outer bolster that usually gets worn over time due to entering and exiting.
LED light bulb upgrade all around is easy, inexpensive and looks and performs great.
I ordered the Tech and tow package. I like the instrument cluster better in the XLT by far as others have mentioned.
Only thing I miss is the keyless start, but got used to the switchblade key in a month or so.
No regrets on the XLT purchase. I’d do it again.
I got mine last November and would do it again. I put sheepskin on the front seats and I love them. The key doesn’t bother me, my $62k Porsche had a key(all Porsche s have a key). It was a pita as the ignition is to the left of the steering wheel

BBTremor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Consultant
I have my XLT Tremor on order, but I keep going back and forth on whether to upgrade to the Lariat. The one option that I desire the most is the leather seating. I haven't seen a XLT Tremor in person so curious about your thoughts on the vinyl??
I have the XLT. And I wanted the vinyl and not leather because his truck is going to get dirty. Also I really hate the gauge cluster in the lariat.
Sponsored