?? for XLT Tremor owners

TdotReckless

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT - 2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
my first ranger was a 2019 XLT and when i was looking to upgrade to a Tremor, there was alot more pro's than cons. I got my upgrade for a bit cheaper but everything included in the package was a huge difference from my XLT. Since i knew i was going to keep this truck as i had nothing but great experiences from my 2019 XTL the extra money was worth it for me.
Sponsored

FXguy1

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Motion picture special effects technician
Lariat, spend the money. 501ATech package. You might be sorry you didn't. Go to a dealer and sit in any xlt then go sit in any lariat....... Worth every penny if you have them.

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
Lariat, spend the money. 501ATech package. You might be sorry you didn't. Go to a dealer and sit in any xlt then go sit in any lariat....... Worth every penny if you have them.
i could have easily afforded the Lariat, but very happy I didnā€™t. When you boil it down(at least for me) there is nothing the lariat offers I need. Power seats? My seat is w here I want it and doesnā€™t move. Leather? I put in sheepskin I love. Push button? My macan I sold for this had a key(as do all Porsches) and the ignition was a pain in the ass as it is to the left of the steering wheel. Bose stereo-l listen to talk radio. Homelink- I hacked my garage remote and can now open garage by flipping one of the tremorā€™s uplift switches. Led headlamps- donā€™t drive enough at night and the automatic switch to bright kind of gives me enough when I need it. Itā€™s just about what you need

FXguy1

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Motion picture special effects technician
i could have easily afforded the Lariat, but very happy I didnā€™t. When you boil it down(at least for me) there is nothing the lariat offers I need. Power seats? My seat is w here I want it and doesnā€™t move. Leather? I put in sheepskin I love. Push button? My macan I sold for this had a key(as do all Porsches) and the ignition was a pain in the ass as it is to the left of the steering wheel. Bose stereo-l listen to talk radio. Homelink- I hacked my garage remote and can now open garage by flipping one of the tremorā€™s uplift switches. Led headlamps- donā€™t drive enough at night and the automatic switch to bright kind of gives me enough when I need it. Itā€™s just about what you need
how do you hack a garage remote?

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
how do you hack a garage remote?
basically you wire the switch leads to the two connectors inside the remote that the switch on the garage remote completes. I will post a link in the morning.

KrazyTrane

First Name
KjK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Lawyer
I have my XLT Tremor on order, but I keep going back and forth on whether to upgrade to the Lariat. The one option that I desire the most is the leather seating. I haven't seen a XLT Tremor in person so curious about your thoughts on the vinyl??
I have a ā€˜23 XLT Tremor with the vinyl. I too intended to buy a lariat but the dealership made me a great offer that I could not pass up. Frankly, I prefer cloth over leather in my trucks (my f150 seats came clean very easily, the cloth helped keep me in my seat when the truck got tossed around). I have no complaints about these vinyl seats - actually forgot they were not leather and, instead were vinyl until I caught your post. My friend has a f150 with leather and another friend has a f150 raptor - neither seats are better than the XLT tremor imo.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
FWIW, regardless of whether you get a XLT or Lariat the seats with the Tremor package use synthetic suede inserts which is not leather. Only the bolsters on the seat base and seat back are leather in the Lariat.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer
I have my XLT Tremor on order, but I keep going back and forth on whether to upgrade to the Lariat. The one option that I desire the most is the leather seating. I haven't seen a XLT Tremor in person so curious about your thoughts on the vinyl??
I've had these in the last three vehicles I've owned so seat material is irrelevant to me, and they're more inexpensive than bumping up to a Lariat........
https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Uni...carhartt+black+seat+covers,aps,76&sr=8-2&th=1

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
I have a ā€˜23 XLT Tremor with the vinyl. I too intended to buy a lariat but the dealership made me a great offer that I could not pass up. Frankly, I prefer cloth over leather in my trucks (my f150 seats came clean very easily, the cloth helped keep me in my seat when the truck got tossed around). I have no complaints about these vinyl seats - actually forgot they were not leather and, instead were vinyl until I caught your post. My friend has a f150 with leather and another friend has a f150 raptor - neither seats are better than the XLT tremor imo.
I've had these in the last three vehicles I've owned so seat material is irrelevant to me, and they're more inexpensive than bumping up to a Lariat........
https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Universal-Cover-Black-Single/dp/B08BLWVKKG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2523TE35ZDKJY&keywords=carhartt+black+seat+covers&qid=1697633960&sprefix=carhartt+black+seat+covers,aps,76&sr=8-2&th=1

I've had my Tremor for 2 years now. Glad I went with the XLT. Just none of the other "upgrades" mattered to me. I did a great wrap job on the steering wheel and bought sheepskin inserts. I love the sheepskin. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer - you're back never sweats, ever. May not be some people's taste, but I love them.

IMG_4261.jpg

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I've had my Tremor for 2 years now. Glad I went with the XLT. Just none of the other "upgrades" mattered to me. I did a great wrap job on the steering wheel and bought sheepskin inserts. I love the sheepskin. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer - you're back never sweats, ever. May not be some people's taste, but I love them.

IMG_4261.jpg
Got a link for those sheepskin inserts?? Looks like they would be easy to install in a few minutes.

Canadian Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Amsoil Dealer

IMG_4261.jpg
Do they slide around much? They look nice, and comfortable.