First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
I have my XLT Tremor on order, but I keep going back and forth on whether to upgrade to the Lariat. The one option that I desire the most is the leather seating. I haven't seen a XLT Tremor in person so curious about your thoughts on the vinyl??
Sponsored

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
I have a lariat Tremor. If you are considering the seating and look at upgrading aftermarket as per the above comment - I say make the change to a lariat. You get all the “extras” and those extras factor into increased trade-in/resale down the road.

Even if you stick with the XLT, that is a fun truck.

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
I specifically did not want leather seats and that is the primary reason I went with the XLT. For me, leather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and doesn't wear as well. The Tremor seats aren't your regular old vinyl, several people have gotten in and said "nice leather seats". The "Miko" suede inserts are soft and a nice detail.

All that being said, the wife thinks they are very hot and sticky (ebony interior). Also worried about wear and tear and showing stains. So I ordered a set of seat covers for the front. Ruff Tuff Tactical Seat Covers through Cabelas...

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-tactical-seat-cover-by-ruff-tuff

On another note, many have complained about the Lariat instrument cluster and wish that the XLT version was available. I only wish I had the upgraded B&O Radio in the Lariat.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
many have complained about the Lariat instrument cluster
I bought a Lariat off the lot. almost an impulse too. they only had about 4 Rangers. So I didnt have much compare to. BUT, yes , once you start using apple car play the right side of the lariat screen is useless, only half the time does it even pick up the song playing from itunes, cant use the nav prompts. and who looks there for cell phone info? I leave the left side in the digital speedo so thats pretty lame.

I do like the leather, and the lariat has heated seats, and they go from warm to nuclear meltdown hot. I wish they had AC cooled seats, but thats where Ford makes you leap into a Lariat F-150 for an additional $20K.

Secondly, I think the halogen lights on the XLT look better than the LEDs on the Lariat. granted the technology differences, but I think the LEDs take away some of the tough truck look.

having said all that, I am still happy with my choices. Although at times I wish I had followed my first instinct to just buy a used F150 work truck and beat the tar out of it. I baby this Ranger, I park it in the garage, I wax it.. I park away from other cars at the Depot.....sheesh.. whats happened to me, I have gone soft...

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
I specifically did not want leather seats and that is the primary reason I went with the XLT. For me, leather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and doesn't wear as well. The Tremor seats aren't your regular old vinyl, several people have gotten in and said "nice leather seats". The "Miko" suede inserts are soft and a nice detail.

All that being said, the wife thinks they are very hot and sticky (ebony interior). Also worried about wear and tear and showing stains. So I ordered a set of seat covers for the front. Ruff Tuff Tactical Seat Covers through Cabelas...

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-tactical-seat-cover-by-ruff-tuff

On another note, many have complained about the Lariat instrument cluster and wish that the XLT version was available. I only wish I had the upgraded B&O Radio in the Lariat.
Now stereo I know. I thought about that option as well. Looked at aftermarket and you could get a killer stereo for about $1200 that would be likely better than the B&O.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I bought a Lariat off the lot. almost an impulse too. they only had about 4 Rangers. So I didnt have much compare to. BUT, yes , once you start using apple car play the right side of the lariat screen is useless, only half the time does it even pick up the song playing from itunes, cant use the nav prompts. and who looks there for cell phone info? I leave the left side in the digital speedo so thats pretty lame.

I do like the leather, and the lariat has heated seats, and they go from warm to nuclear meltdown hot. I wish they had AC cooled seats, but thats where Ford makes you leap into a Lariat F-150 for an additional $20K.

Secondly, I think the halogen lights on the XLT look better than the LEDs on the Lariat. granted the technology differences, but I think the LEDs take away some of the tough truck look.

having said all that, I am still happy with my choices. Although at times I wish I had followed my first instinct to just buy a used F150 work truck and beat the tar out of it. I baby this Ranger, I park it in the garage, I wax it.. I park away from other cars at the Depot.....sheesh.. whats happened to me, I have gone soft...
Interestingly enough I thought the right side was useless too. But whenever I am unsure of the speed limits in the area I just glance over in the right corner to see the digital speed limit sign for where ever I am at. I know google maps has this function too but I am not always on my maps on the main screen. Also, I tend to look at the weather in there since my sync3 has spotify on it or maps.

I actually like the Lariat lights way more than the XLT. I know you stated the technological differences but thats a big thing to check off in my book. Whenever I see the halogen trucks I think old. Or like any other truck out there at night. DRL's and LED make the world of the difference for me, plus it matches well with the LED fog lights.

Ahh, and I am not trying to start a fight just offering different perspectives for OP to consider. I also baby this truck... When I had the Chevy Colorado, I did not wash it at all when I had it. Left dirt on it after off-roading trips so it would look more like a truck. The ranger? I am out there twice a month taking care of it. Crazy how a good product can make our hearts change like that. :handsinair:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I like the vinyl leather seats or whatever they are. The interior is way different with the Lariat and my friend who owns an XLT always says" man this thing is so different and nice in here than mine" EVERY TIME he comes in, granted that that was only 3 times now so far. But I also don't live in a super hot or super cold climate, so take that into consideration. Oh and I like the B&O sound system a lot. Plus, all the little extra goodies that come in the tech package just is the cherry on top to the Lariat.

Smprfiguy

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Never seen a lariat but I bought the tremor pkg literally for the seats/interior (since the rest of the pkg will more than likely be coming off) I was looking at an fx4 and the seat looked nice enough it was worth the 3k in sticker difference.

CarbonTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 04 Jaguar XJR, 21 Bronco Sport
The deciding factor for me was availability because I didn't order. . Both lariat and xlt's have the tremor specific seat covers that look almost the same imo. I also feel that ford does a good job with the vinyl material compared to other brands & an ok job with leather narrowing the margin even more. . If I was to order the deciding factor would be the lariat led headlights which I do want & the lariat gauge cluster which I wouldn't want. .

Pinski66

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I have an XLT tremor, and most people that have looked at or riden in it, think the seats are leather. I wish heated seats was an option on the XLT tremor, but it looks like something that can easily be added.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Interestingly enough I thought the right side was useless too. But whenever I am unsure of the speed limits in the area I just glance over in the right corner to see the digital speed limit sign for where ever I am at. I know google maps has this function too but I am not always on my maps on the main screen.
Be aware that the speed limit from the truck can be years out of date; the Google maps limits update immediately.

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
The deciding factor for me was availability because I didn't order. . Both lariat and xlt's have the tremor specific seat covers that look almost the same imo. I also feel that ford does a good job with the vinyl material compared to other brands & an ok job with leather narrowing the margin even more. . If I was to order the deciding factor would be the lariat led headlights which I do want & the lariat gauge cluster which I wouldn't want. .
Thanks, I appreciate the input. I think I'm gonna stay with the XLT. I would rather spend the money on some aftermarket upgrades. I also would like the LED headlights but think I'll just buy some led bulbs to fit or get the Alpha LED headlamps for $775.

OP
OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
sales
I have an XLT tremor, and most people that have looked at or riden in it, think the seats are leather. I wish heated seats was an option on the XLT tremor, but it looks like something that can easily be added.
Thanks also for your input.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Be aware that the speed limit from the truck can be years out of date; the Google maps limits update immediately.
Funnily enough it’s matched up every time I have looked at against Google maps limits. But good note, I remember when cars first had the NAVsystem they wouldn’t be updated as often as these days. I think Ford updated their maps again recently, got a FordPass notification to update sync 3.
Sponsored