First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
No extra points for me on iPhone. Oddly when I took my Ranger in for an oil change in May and for the problem I had with the crankcase sensor they took away points for the oil change as they should. Then the next day added 576 points. I'm guessing maybe they mistakenly added those for the part they had to order for the warranty repair? Given I had to go there twice, once for the oil change/diagnostic and a second time for the repair spending about 6 hours in total, I'm not complaining. :)
You earn points as well when the dealership services your vehicle. Every time I pay with cash I get roughly the same amount of points.
Sponsored

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
ford pass hasnt worked right for me for 2 weeks now, deleted it yesterday and redownloaded it and now cant get it to recognize the truck at all, says activation pending.............jeebus update, mine finally activated again, still showing wrong oil life, had oil changed in april, it is saying i have 28% and i am due for change in april 2021......uh what? that is when i had it done. thanks ford!

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
The Android version updated on 7/9. It would be kind of messed up that iOS got that notice and subsequent free points but Android users didn't.
I have IPhone and haven’t received them yet.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
I have an iPhone 12 pro and haven't had any issues. I did the update a couple days ago for the Ford app and still no extra points. I only had one issue a couple weeks back but they might have been doing an update because several others on here had it too.
The message I got said points will be deposited by July 31st.

C20B0303-082B-4959-B29D-86280CE26F35.png

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The message I got said points will be deposited by July 31st.

C20B0303-082B-4959-B29D-86280CE26F35.png
Jim is the notification coming up when you open the app? I still don't have anything in mine and looked through the whole app. ?‍♂

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ford pass and points are not worth the trouble.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford pass and points are not worth the trouble.
The trouble is most dealers have no clue how to redeem them but if you can find one that does it's an easy process. Never throw away free money! You'll need ever dime you can get being on this forum. ? :curse:

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
Jim is the notification coming up when you open the app? I still don't have anything in mine and looked through the whole app. ?‍♂
Dave -

It did late last week. The message is saved in my messages in the app. Maybe check the Message Center under Account?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave -

It did late last week. The message is saved in my messages in the app. Maybe check the Message Center under Account?
I check there and still nothing. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully they add them. Thx!

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You earn points as well when the dealership services your vehicle. Every time I pay with cash I get roughly the same amount of points.
But I didn't pay anything. Used my points for the oil change. The part replacement was warranty work. They deducted to points for the oil change then also gave me 576 points the next day.

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I haven't logged into my FordPass in about a month. I just tried, and it asked for my login and pass code, which it didn't do since I first downloaded the app. So I entered the login and pass code and all I'm getting is a round circle spinning with a F, then key then wrench, then a question mark just spinning within the circle. It's been doing that about 10 minutes. I have an iPhone. Even if it was downloading an app update, it shouldn't take that long should it??

EDITED: It never stopped spinning, so I had to delete the app and download it again, then enter my login and pass code. Didn't have to re-enter any vehicle information, once I logged in, the info was still there.

Last edited:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The app is probably hung. You may need to force close it and restart it.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
But I didn't pay anything. Used my points for the oil change. The part replacement was warranty work. They deducted to points for the oil change then also gave me 576 points the next day.
Pretty sure you earn points for completed service REGARDLESS of payment method.

FordPass Rewards Points can be earned through the purchase of Ford, Motorcraft® or Omnicraft™ parts, and any associated labor from participating Ford dealerships and by members participating in activities and offers from Ford, through the FordPass Rewards App or website
https://www.joecottonford.com/fordpass-rewards/
Sponsored