FordPass Issues = Rewards Points?

Mcssls

I’d love to get the points from my level kit and install two months ago. Dealer just says “it takes a while”. So I’ve started leaving negative reviews all over. Can’t find a way to contact them about it
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Aw come on, I was just playing. I hope you get your points soon. ;)
I just wanted to make it perfectly clear that I have no ill feelings towards the cars.

My FiST has been a joy to own. When I bought it I was looking for an economical, but fun daily. Emphasis on the fun. Fifi handles like no other factory FWD car I've ever owned. My mod progression on my fun cars is usually wheels/tires, suspension, brakes, and possibly power last. With Fifi I did wheels and tires, had no need to touch the suspension, and only did aftermarket pads and rotors when I had to do brakes, coincidentally I'll probably go back to factory replacements next time.

Again, I just want to make it perfectly clear I love my car, even though I was considering trading it last week. Foci are great too. Although, personally I can't see why anybody would but a non ST version of either.

20210717_132413.jpg

As far as the points. It'd be cool, but I'm not sweating them.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4, 2018 Explorer Sport
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer/Former Marine
I just wanted to make it perfectly clear that I have no ill feelings towards the cars.

My FiST has been a joy to own. When I bought it I was looking for an economical, but fun daily. Emphasis on the fun. Fifi handles like no other factory FWD car I've ever owned. My mod progression on my fun cars is usually wheels/tires, suspension, brakes, and possibly power last. With Fifi I did wheels and tires, had no need to touch the suspension, and only did aftermarket pads and rotors when I had to do brakes, coincidentally I'll probably go back to factory replacements next time.

Again, I just want to make it perfectly clear I love my car, even though I was considering trading it last week. Foci are great too. Although, personally I can't see why anybody would but a non ST version of either.

20210717_132413.jpg

As far as the points. It'd be cool, but I'm not sweating them.
D Fresh,

I am not calling into question your feeling for the cars. Pretty sure most everyone on this forum loves their cars, and their trucks, (except for those who have problems with them). Just noting your over generalization in calling everyone who did not buy your version of said car as an idiot. 1.5 million people bought those cars. Some did know their cars were DCTs, some did not. All of them more then likely wanted the same thing - a car that was reliable and wasn’t a pain in the ass to drive. Hell, no where on the window sticker did it say the transmission was a dry dual clutch transmission. Just said it was an automatic transmission. Believe it or not, some people don’t want a manual transmission. Some people just want to put the key in the ignition, put it in drive, and go. Now all people who don’t want manual transmissions are not idiots. Some may actually be smart people.

Some on the forum said that you were joking and being sarcastic on that original post. That’s fine. No harm no foul. I just want all of us to get along. Nothing wrong with sarcasm. There is some in this post. Maybe.

In all seriousness, your car is nice.

FWIW I traded the 2015 Focus in on my Ranger once my son left for boot camp ( it was the car we bought him to learn to drive) It was paid off, plus with what Ford gave me in the “I am sorry certificate voucher” made for a nice down payment.

My lesson learned - no more DCTs. Won’t ever look at any CVTs either.

Jim

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
D Fresh, I am not calling into question your feeling for the cars. Pretty sure most everyone on this forum loves their cars, and their trucks, (except for those who have problems with them). Just noting your over generalization in calling everyone who did not buy your version of said car as an idiot. 1.5 million people bought those cars. Some did know their cars were DCTs, some did not. All of them more then likely wanted the same thing - a car that was reliable and wasn’t a pain in the ass to drive. Hell, no where on the window sticker did it say the transmission was a dry dual clutch transmission. Just said it was an automatic transmission. Believe it or not, some people don’t want a manual transmission. Some people just want to put the key in the ignition, put it in drive, and go. Now all people who don’t want manual transmissions are not idiots. Some may actually be smart people.
Some on the forum said that you were joking and being sarcastic on that original post. That’s fine. No harm no foul. I just want all of us to get along. Nothing wrong with sarcasm. There is some in this post. Maybe.

In all seriousness, your car is nice.

FWIW I traded the 2015 Focus in on my Ranger once my son left for boot camp ( it was the car we bought him to learn to drive) It was paid off, plus with what Ford gave me in the “I am sorry certificate voucher” made for a nice down payment.

My lesson learned - no more DCTs. Won’t ever look at any CVTs either.

Jim
I sometimes forget that there are more pedestrian car shoppers out there. Manual was a must for us because our oldest is learning to drive. My wife and I believe firmly that if you don't know how to drive a manual you don't know how to drive.

And yes there was a hefty dose of sarcasm in the referenced post. I should've put the winky face on to be clear.

I'm with you on CVTs, they only belong in SxSs and snow machines. I'd go for a DCT in the future MAYBE, though. My wife is now partially handicapped and driving a manual is not gonna happen, despite our feelings on it. But it'd take a lot for me to trust one. I can understand how you wouldn't.

If you read enough of my posts you'll find I'm generally sarcastic and not as witty as I think I am. If there's any question just assume I'm joking or being a tool.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The problem i have, is everytime i have an oil change done, my points never appear
I would call the dealer and tell them. I had my last free oil change done by them and they even gave me points for it. I never got any points for the first one but for some reason they gave them to me for the second. I wasn't expecting them but they showed up a week later.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The problem i have, is everytime i have an oil change done, my points never appear
You may want to check with the service dept and see what email address they have in the system for you. Points are tied the email address of your FordPass account. Don’t assume they have the correct email address. Ask me how I know. :)

Last edited:

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Same here.

Just numerous "FordPass is not responding" notices from within the app for the past week or so.
The was an update yesterday on my Iphone for the FordPass app. Maybe see if you need to update?

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The was an update yesterday on my Iphone for the FordPass app. Maybe see if you need to update?
The Android version updated on 7/9. It would be kind of messed up that iOS got that notice and subsequent free points but Android users didn't.

JKocot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The Android version updated on 7/9. It would be kind of messed up that iOS got that notice and subsequent free points but Android users didn't.

Well - good point. Anyone with an iPhone having this issue? Just Android users?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
No points for me............:frown:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have an iPhone 12 pro and haven't had any issues. I did the update a couple days ago for the Ford app and still no extra points. I only had one issue a couple weeks back but they might have been doing an update because several others on here had it too.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
What are they going to give me for screwing up Travel Link and Traffic info?

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
No extra points for me on iPhone. Oddly when I took my Ranger in for an oil change in May and for the problem I had with the crankcase sensor they took away points for the oil change as they should. Then the next day added 576 points. I'm guessing maybe they mistakenly added those for the part they had to order for the warranty repair? Given I had to go there twice, once for the oil change/diagnostic and a second time for the repair spending about 6 hours in total, I'm not complaining. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: