Buying accessories with Ford reward points

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
trying to buy something from ford accessory site using Ford reward point, but my only choice at checkout is credit cards. (yes I have $210 in points)
I called the dealer and they had to call Ford. they called me back and said "ford does not have the ability to buy accessories online with reward points at this time".
so how is everyone here doing it? Are you buying the accessories over the counter at the dealer?

I want to do it online because its the Vehicls Security System ford permeter plus and I can pay $68.50 for the install if I do it online. (dealer service will tell me some other price).
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You cant use your FPP for online purchase. They can only be used at the dealer through the parts counter. Even then a lot of dealers still don't know how to do this so make sure you check first that yours knows how to apply the points.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I haven't been able to AT ALL.

I've been to multiple local dealers and emailed more non-local and keep getting told they "don't take FordPass points" or "We are not on the FordPass system yet". If someone knows a dealer that will take them online please let me know! They are going to expire before I get to use them.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Yup what Dave said. When I purchased my vehicle, I went to the parts counter to use my points. I double checked beforehand with the cashier that if I purchased these products i would be able to pay it off with ford pass points. Quite easy, instead of card they just access your Ford pass account name and draw the points in equivalent from there.

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
You cant use your FPP for online purchase. They can only be used at the dealer through the parts counter. Even then a lot of dealers still don't know how to do this so make sure you check first that yours knows how to apply the points.
That wasn't my experience going thru https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/. Worked strictly via email with Nate and got a competitive price. He even did some math to allow me to pay the balance via CC.
edit: Emailed a quote that included a link to purchase. Had the Bedrug in only a few days.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That wasn't my experience going thru https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/. Worked strictly via email with Nate and got a competitive price. He even did some math to allow me to pay the balance via CC.
edit: Emailed a quote that included a link to purchase. Had the Bedrug in only a few days.

Interesting because everyone has posted that they can not be used online. I've seen this on other Ford forums too but maybe there's a few who will and can do it.

IIRC even Benny from @LevittownFordParts.com said they couldn't do it so hopefully he can confirm this.

Edit: Here's the post #11 and he says they do not accept FPP. I thought it said we can't accept FPP. So maybe some do accept them?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/genuine-ford-parts-accessories-ford-performance.4664/

Last edited:

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Interesting because everyone has posted that they can not be used online. I've seen this on other Ford forums too but maybe there's a few who will and can do it.

IIRC even Benny from @LevittownFordParts.com said they couldn't do it so hopefully he can confirm this.

Edit: Here's the post #11 and he says they do not accept FPP. I thought it said we can't accept FPP. So maybe some do accept them?

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/genuine-ford-parts-accessories-ford-performance.4664/
Yes, I almost went with the White Bear Lake guys since they offered discount prices and accepted points, but wouldn't quote me shipping over the phone. Forget how I found Fairway but did mention it here https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/spray-in-bedliners-suggestions.11035/#post-208346

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Nice I just emailed them, thanks!

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
trying to buy something from ford accessory site using Ford reward point, but my only choice at checkout is credit cards. (yes I have $210 in points)
I called the dealer and they had to call Ford. they called me back and said "ford does not have the ability to buy accessories online with reward points at this time".
so how is everyone here doing it? Are you buying the accessories over the counter at the dealer?

I want to do it online because its the Vehicls Security System ford permeter plus and I can pay $68.50 for the install if I do it online. (dealer service will tell me some other price).
My experience was that it was easy to buy Ford parts at the dealer's location by going through the Service counter to use the points and picking up the items at the Parts counter. My biggest complaint is that they would not allow the points to be used for "accessories" so I used them for filters and such.
YMMV.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
From my experience, FordPass points can't be used at parts. I had to go to my service guy, who went to the parts guy, who order my parts and sent them to service to be paid for with points. Check with your service department.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
From my experience, FordPass points can't be used at parts. I had to go to my service guy, who went to the parts guy, who order my parts and sent them to service to be paid for with points. Check with your service department.
Lol Mine was the total opposite. I ordered from the parts dept. When it came in I picked it up at parts, walked over to the checkout counter and the girl took my email attached to my Ford Pass account and deducted the points from there. I guess each dealer has their own way of doing it but it's amazing that some still have no clue. It's been around a long time now I remember using it when I had my 2013 F150.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
For what its worth, I used my points to buy a swing tool box. But I went to the dealer.

fortywater12

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Engineer
For what its worth, I used my points to buy a swing tool box. But I went to the dealer.
Yep, same here. Purchased on Tuesday and it just arrived today. I had $105 in FPP and then paid for the remainder with credit card. Smooth transaction at the parts counter.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Does FPP expire? I got an e-mail today from Ford that said:

"Good news: You've got more time to use Points. We're extending our Points expiration deadline beyond December 31 with more details to come in early 2022. Enjoy the additional time!"

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
I just picked up the ranger sun shade from local dealer using points.
Sponsored