Dealer Denial Redeeming Ford Points

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I have an issue and am asking for advice. My local Dealer refuses to work with the Ford Points I have - Stating the dealer is not a participant in the plan. They sell new/used Ford products - But refuse dealing with the points.

Short story -- I bought a new Ford Truck in April from an out of the area Ford dealer and it was delivered to my home -- All as part of the deal. At the time I knew nothing about Ford Points or Ford Pass - And the delivering salesperson never told me about it either. A short time later I learned of Ford Pass and the Ford Points. Activating Ford Pass -- I had no points. It took me 4 months of calling and e-mailing contact to finally have Ford post the points to my Ford Pass account. Now -- I can't use them with the local dealer.

Now -- It's onto Plan B .. And this is where I could use your help -- With this question.

I wish to purchase the Ford console safe -- The price is greater than the value of my points .. So with just this one purchase I erase all my points and pay the balance.

My question -- Does anybody know of a Ford dealer parts department that I can call and over the phone place the single order - Use my points and pay the balance and have shipped to my home ??

TIA .. ..
Sponsored

rltriumph

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Pipefitter
Any other Ford dealers in area? Id try them before dealing with shipping.

OP
OP
Sparky

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Just the one dealer — It’s just a small coastal town.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Just the one dealer — It’s just a small coastal town.
Not sure where on the coast you are, but if you want to drive a bit, the dealer I bought mine from, Doherty Ford in Forest Grove takes the points for sure. I just asked my salesman to order a bunch of parts - he did and told me when they came in and they were waiting at the parts counter when I showed up. No hassles and all paid for with points.

OP
OP
Sparky

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Rob— At least that’s a dealer that participates in the points program. I’ll give them a call and see if they will take the order. I’ll have it shipped though as it is more cost effective.

OP
OP
Sparky

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
That’s my hope — Frankly I wish Ford had a web based parts store That one could order from — Skipping the dealer altogether. Maybe they do — Then there’s the points issue. Haven’t had the time today to research — Thought someone would have the magic answer. Thanks to all that have commented .. .. ?

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
That’s my hope — Frankly I wish Ford had a web based parts store That one could order from — Skipping the dealer altogether. Maybe they do — Then there’s the points issue. Haven’t had the time today to research — Thought someone would have the magic answer. Thanks to all that have commented .. .. ?
Sadly They do not, citing lack of ability to integrate them to the online store.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Sadly They do not, citing lack of ability to integrate them to the online store.
They do have an online accessory store "accessory.ford.com", but you cannot use your points online, only through your dealer. Your dealer needs to get with the program and use points. Will they take them for services like oil change?

OP
OP
Sparky

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Retired
The dealer I purchased the truck thru is out of the area — It was an on-line purchase. The local dealer here will not except the points either for service or parts. They site a staffing and time consuming issue.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Something to be aware pf is that not ALL Ford dealers have to participate in the rewards. Now i myself think it is pretty lame but it is what it is. My advice is to go to another dealer if there is one within fair distance. If not i do what to say.

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
I had the same issue back in June of 2019 after I got my Ranger that May. Had to find a dealer that participated in the program. Had to drive 70 miles to get what I wanted. It's true, when I spoke with Ford Customer Service on the ole 800# not all dealerships are part of the program.
Sponsored