First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Buyer
My local dealer only has one Ranger in stock - Shop New Ford Truck & SUV in Fredericksburg, VA | Purvis Ford

Of course it is top of line Lariat and $51k. I'll stick with my 2019 XLT with 34K miles so far. Although it sounds like the blend door actuator will be going bad in 4K miles. Not looking forward to that.
Sponsored

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealer only has one Ranger in stock - Shop New Ford Truck & SUV in Fredericksburg, VA | Purvis Ford

Of course it is top of line Lariat and $51k. I'll stick with my 2019 XLT with 34K miles so far. Although it sounds like the blend door actuator will be going bad in 4K miles. Not looking forward to that.
I'm almost positive that is not in stock. If it truly is in stock, that is the deal of a lifetime (assuming the photos are correct) - the photos are for a Ranger Raptor. A Raptor at 51k would be a STEAL. You can't really confirm since if you click the "view window sticker" it says it is not available - which more than likely means they don't have it. Most dealers show "in transit" vehicles on their site - and "in transit" usually means nothing more than "we've ordered this truck" - it could be anywhere from a day away from being delivered to not even being built yet - but anything in there is shown as "in transit".

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Usually pictured beside the "Ford" railcars , like it's just getting ready to take a ride, or just got unloaded from one 🤔...
Yeah, they seem to have some stock photos of vehicles for that - totally misleading, IMO.

rangerfx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT
Occupation
Buyer
I'm almost positive that is not in stock. If it truly is in stock, that is the deal of a lifetime (assuming the photos are correct) - the photos are for a Ranger Raptor. A Raptor at 51k would be a STEAL. You can't really confirm since if you click the "view window sticker" it says it is not available - which more than likely means they don't have it. Most dealers show "in transit" vehicles on their site - and "in transit" usually means nothing more than "we've ordered this truck" - it could be anywhere from a day away from being delivered to not even being built yet - but anything in there is shown as "in transit".
Yes, description is for a Lariat. Picture is for Raptor. Not an actual picture of a truck on site I presume. It is the only Ranger listed on their website. Probably in route as stated.

WpgLariat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Electrician
I think they want it to go away again...which boggles my mind. They want the F150 and the Maverick and that's it.
I don't think that is the case at all. Heads rolled over the last time they discontinued the ranger. They need to compete with Canyon, Colorado, Tacoma and soon the Dakota.

leanit

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
In speaking with the HUGE dealership near SF, I learned that Ford essentially shut down Ranger production early in 2023. They come off the same line as the Bronco, and since the 2024 was on the horizon and they needed the Bronco capacity, they tapered off Rangers in 2022, down to a trickle in 2023. He said 2022, is realistically the end of that version. He had zero Rangers. Total inventory of new cars is 150, down from his usual 400-500 units on site. Supply chain, strikes, and economics have really turned the industry on its ear.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
In speaking with the HUGE dealership near SF, I learned that Ford essentially shut down Ranger production early in 2023. They come off the same line as the Bronco, and since the 2024 was on the horizon and they needed the Bronco capacity, they tapered off Rangers in 2022, down to a trickle in 2023. He said 2022, is realistically the end of that version. He had zero Rangers. Total inventory of new cars is 150, down from his usual 400-500 units on site. Supply chain, strikes, and economics have really turned the industry on its ear.
AHHH THE GOOD OL DAYS...
Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 11.01.29 AM.jpg

RangerDanger617

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 - Cactus Grey
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My dealer sent me a "Important Information Regarding your 2023 Ford Ranger" envelope that ended up being a "You qualify for up to $750 off" upgrade offer type letter.

Was pretty funny seeing the paper with the little table saying Payments Remaining: PAID OFF, Payments: N/A, Contract end date: The exact day I signed.

On the bottom, it basically stated the new offer was for $2000 off F-150, Lightning, SuperDuty, or Expedition. "Most other" vehicles were $750 off. Ranger wasn't mentioned once other than my own.