2021 Ranger sales down dramatically

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Toyota looks like they have their shit together.
they kinda don't for a real world perspective...
All the toyo dealers here show inventory on their web pages, if you call they say sure come right on down. Then you get there poof! nothing there but scraps no one wants. How do I know?...Well we have a 2020 escape sport hybrid I'm absolutely tired of beta-testing for ford. Its in the stealership nearly every month for something seemingly stupid. Many times now I have to wait a long time for parts to come in now. So my wife and I agreed we are going to dump it for a competing hybrid the first chance we get, its her daily driver so shes between the a new Rav4 and something from Hyundai. At this point no one has any hybrids and when they do get them they go for sticker or sticker plus in many cases. The only good thing is my current vehicle is commanding top dollar right now also so that end is kind of a wash since the amount is at and above what we owe.

If ford is reading this we really loved the car, roomy, fun to drive, responsive, quiet ride...just cant seem to keep it out of the service center...thats a deal breaker b/c its a PIA to keep bringing a 1 year old car in endlessly.
Advertisement

Upser6788

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Xlt sport 4x4
Occupation
Ups driver
Doesnt help that prices are jacked up right now. Was comparing last night and the same truck as mine I bought in may advertised almost 8k more.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Reaction score
Website
www.coroflot.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified, 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo Modified (sold)
Occupation
Mack Trucks Senior Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Scooter

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Japan’s auto industry was better prepared for the microchip shortage than some others because of changes in manufacturers practices made after the 2011 tsunami. Some of the same supply-chain adaptations prompted by that event have helped Japanese manufacturers mitigate the effects of the pandemic.

Still, Japanese carmakers are not immune to the chip shortage. As of August production down
40 %.

Chips were snatched up by the consumer electronics industry.

People everywhere began spending a lot more time at home working, learning, and gaming. As a result, demand for consumer electronics (tablets, laptops, and video game consoles, among other products) increased dramatically, which created competition for semiconductor chip supply among makers of cars and consumer electronics.

Advertisement

Advertisement