halligan1201

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Toyota has a BCP that requires all of their suppliers to hold 2 to 6 months of parts/components in inventory. This includes chips. They remained at 90% capacity at their US plants this year. Easy to be the leader when yours is the only product on the block.
Advertisement

Floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
I know, it was tough back in the day being the Maytag repairman.
Well, back in the day Maytag was a good product but now its just a fraud label with bad warranties.

As for Toyota, in my experience you have to be a three handed ambidextrous contortionist to work on one.:giggle:
The good part is... having a Toyota can cure hip dysplasia caused by sitting too long on a fat wallet. :clap:

Last edited:

Wthoms2000

First Name
wil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
ENGINEER
IIRC they bought up a lot of chips while everyone else was sitting on their @ss! There's an area here called dealer row which has just about every manufacturer on it. The Toyota dealer is the only one that has a good amount of vehicles on their lot. The others are basically empty collecting dust.
Dealerships are good for tax money!!!

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma
IIRC they bought up a lot of chips while everyone else was sitting on their @ss! There's an area here called dealer row which has just about every manufacturer on it. The Toyota dealer is the only one that has a good amount of vehicles on their lot. The others are basically empty collecting dust.
I drive by Right Toyota in North Scottsdale a few times a week, and they do not have a lot of vehicles on their lot.

JoeDirt

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
There is only one dealer in my area that has any Rangers in stock. They are asking $5000 over MSRP for them. It's no wonder sales are down if they can't get stock or are asking way more than a taco or chevy.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4

RANGER PRIDE

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Supercrew
Toyota has a BCP that requires all of their suppliers to hold 2 to 6 months of parts/components in inventory. This includes chips. They remained at 90% capacity at their US plants this year. Easy to be the leader when yours is the only product on the block.
easy to request when things in the world are normal.
but i wouldnt be surprised if there are clauses in that contract that allow for acts of god, or other things out of their control...such as a global pandemic.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
easy to request when things in the world are normal.
but i wouldnt be surprised if there are clauses in that contract that allow for acts of god, or other things out of their control...such as a global pandemic.
Exactly! Force majeure clauses are a normal feature of this type of contract.

Advertisement

Advertisement