Falken Wildpeaks

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Ranger_Rocks, are you at 2 inches on the level kit? Plenty of room from the crash bars? Was thinking about getting those Toyo's in 265/70/18. Just another inch. Thanks.
Yes. Ford Tuned Fox 2.0 leveling kit set to default 2 inches. Plenty of distance from crash bars.

Another comparison . . . I drove a 2019 dealer stock Ranger with the level kit and Toyo OC AT2 285/70/17 tires. Very close to the crash bars, but not touching. I couldn't see light between the steering knuckle and sidewall. Said they tested it at all extremes without rubbing. Too close for me. I had them install 265/70/17.

Search for 265 70 18 here, you'll find posts on that size.

Use tiresize.com for comparison.
Sponsored

Dieseldean1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Have been researching tires looking for a solid set of ATs that aren't obnoxious on road but perform well in snow/rain/off-road. Many on here have run the Wildpeaks AT3s with success but I found quite a few other forums where users had several bad tires (vibration, etc.) with them and went through headache after headache trying to balance them to no avail. If the Falkens aren't the answer, are the Cooper AT3s a fair compromise?
I went with General all terrain. Stock wheels, 235/80-17 which are just under 32”. They’re a bit noisy if the windows are down-mild hum. No other complaints.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Yes. The wheel simply wasn't centered on the hub since the Ranger hub is smaller in diameter than the bore of the aftermarket wheel.
Just to check, do you mean that if purchasing 265/70R17 wildpeaks and putting them on stock wheels that had 265/65R17 hankook ATMs, there may be fitment issues? Thanks :)

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Just to check, do you mean that if purchasing 265/70R17 wildpeaks and putting them on stock wheels that had 265/65R17 hankook ATMs, there may be fitment issues? Thanks :)
My comment wasn't about fitment but about vibration.

I installed hub centering rings to smooth out a vibration I was experiencing at around 70mph.

I never ran the Wildpeaks on stock wheels.

I installed them with aftermarket wheels and not until I had leveled the truck.

I think there are some on here who have successfully ran 265/70/17 on a stock truck but I think it would be close.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely none. Unless, you add 1" or more wheel spacing and have mud flaps. Even with all that it's minimal and easily resolved.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Have been researching tires looking for a solid set of ATs that aren't obnoxious on road but perform well in snow/rain/off-road. Many on here have run the Wildpeaks AT3s with success but I found quite a few other forums where users had several bad tires (vibration, etc.) with them and went through headache after headache trying to balance them to no avail. If the Falkens aren't the answer, are the Cooper AT3s a fair compromise?
I love my set! Today will be the first time in the snow. Great ride and quiet.

I too had vibration issues at highway speeds (70+) rebalanced helped some, added beads helped for a while. So I decided to start from scratch and get them Road force balanced. I used a different shop ( discount tire). They removed all weights and beads and found that one tire on each axle needed rotated on the wheel, one 180 degrees and one about 45 degrees.I COULD NOT be happier with the ride quality now, zero vibration at any speed. Moving forward every truck tire I buy from here on out will be road force balanced. My oem hankooks (suck in wet weather and snow) where 265 60 18, my wild peaks are 285 70 17.

I didn't like eating the bill for a 3rd balance but it fixed the issue completely. MY build has been done correct from the start, level lift, hub centric rings, swapped intrusion beans and new BDS Uca's. I did not want the vibration to break components in the suspension or drive train and lead to bigger problems. Once we buy a camper I won't hesitate to tow now.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

I too had vibration issues at highway speeds (70+) rebalanced helped some, added beads helped for a while. So I decided to start from scratch and get them Road force balanced. I used a different shop ( discount tire). They removed all weights and beads and found that one tire on each axle needed rotated on the wheel, one 180 degrees and one about 45 degrees.I COULD NOT be happier with the ride quality now, zero vibration at any speed. Moving forward every truck tire I buy from here on out will be road force balanced. My oem hankooks (suck in wet weather and snow) where 265 60 18, my wild peaks are 285 70 17.

I didn't like eating the bill for a 3rd balance but it fixed the issue completely. MY build has been done correct from the start, level lift, hub centric rings, swapped intrusion beans and new BDS Uca's. I did not want the vibration to break components in the suspension or drive train and lead to bigger problems. Once we buy a camper I won't hesitate to tow now.
A lot of reviewers complain about Falkens being noisy, but mine are quiet and ride great!

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer

How much for RFB ??

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
How much for RFB ??
Receipt is not handy however I think it was about $50 a wheel, they had to unmount each tire to remove all the beads and remount it. I would check with Matt @Discount Tire and see if he can get you a quote etc. If I had bought the tires there it would've been cheaper but my buddy has a shop so I chose to give him my business, we went to HS together. He's since retired so when the time comes to replace the tires I will go back to @Discount Tire. Matt did order the wheels for me special order, he is a huge help and wealth of knowledge.

OP
OP
CO2Ranger

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4

Sweet, we're tire twins then. I ended up getting the 285-70R17s as well.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I have run both the falkens and the coopers. I really like both tires.

The falkens had the worst effect on mpg. Thats my only complaint with those.

Have the coopers on my ranger now. Been through a 24 in snow amd a 12 inch snow now. Really, really good in the snow. I think i like them better than the falkens i had. Plus made in the USA if that matters to you.
Sponsored