• Poll closed .

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Alright so I am in between these 2 sets leaning towards the Falken but wanted to get some more input. I’ll be going with a 285/70/17. I’ll be ordering these as well as rims after Christmas as I am getting my 5100’s for Christmas lol I guess it’s true happy wife happy life lol.

mall of the questions 2021 I will finallybe able to start a build thread.
Also where has everyone ordered or bought their wheels (rims) in person?
Sponsored

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
I purchased the Falkens, Have about 5k miles on them now. I really like them. Ran them up to the snow yesterday to test them out a bit and they are really good there.

HyDQR2i.jpg

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I have grabbers in 275's. Bought as a set with new wheels from Discount Tire. They are great tires with a lot of bite. That being said, they throw rocks and gravel a lot in my case. Even with mud flaps and nerf bars, I've gotten a lot of stone chips in the rockers from these tires. Just be aware of that if you travel on any dirt or gravel roads.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W was originally at the top of my list. After more research and recommendations, I bought Toyo Tire Open Country A/T III. Big ride/handling improvement over the stock Hankooks, minimal road noise, and they're not rock magnets on gravel.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
I have just over 20,000 miles on Falkens and I would buy them again any day. I've driven them in just about every condition: pavement, snow, rain, gravel, grass, peanut butter mud, rocks. Tires are awesome in every condition and I really don't have any faults to it. They're quiet on the highway for being an aggressive A/T tire yet they dig through mud like a M/T. Excellent in the snow, resistant to punctures on the rocks. The only con is that I wish they got slightly better fuel economy. When I went from the factory Hankook 265/65R17 to the Falken 265/70R17, I lost nearly 2 MPG. Bigger and heavier tire doesn't help, but I wish my on road fuel economy was a bit better.

My buddy ran the Grabbers for a while, and he didn't regret his purchase, but they never really blew him away.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
In all honesty it's really going to depend on what weather conditions you have to put up with. If you don't have to worry about the lovely winter snow than the general Grabbers would be a fair choice. If you have to deal with winter conditions like snow and whatnot then you would want to go with the falcon. This is coming from personal experience with the General Grabber ATX because I was in a rollover last year when I hit black ice. Yes most tires are going to do the same thing but the General Grabber doesn't really have much of Sipes for water Bruce's other tires. Now I don't have much experience with Falcon in general but I'm pretty sure it's a good Tire overall for on and off road.

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Well looks like I’ll keep with the Falkens, they sound like they hold up to the reviews I’ve seen. Maybe if they don’t wow me I’ll go general next round! Thanks for the input. Now just gotta wait until after Christmas and see what wheels are in stock and she will be sitting nicer.

SPEEDBUILT

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W was originally at the top of my list. After more research and recommendations, I bought Toyo Tire Open Country A/T III. Big ride/handling improvement over the stock Hankooks, minimal road noise, and they're not rock magnets on gravel.
I second this choice. Lighter than both too.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so I am in between these 2 sets leaning towards the Falken but wanted to get some more input. I’ll be going with a 285/70/17. I’ll be ordering these as well as rims after Christmas as I am getting my 5100’s for Christmas lol I guess it’s true happy wife happy life lol.

mall of the questions 2021 I will finallybe able to start a build thread.
Also where has everyone ordered or bought their wheels (rims) in person?
Just changed out from the stock Hankook to Falken Wildpeaks A/T3 a few months ago and, with the pandemic and working from home, I have not really driven with them much, and the weather has been fine so far. That being said, I am really happy with the look as well as the ride, which is smoother than the stock Hankook and not noticeably noisier (many reviewers complain about this). Hopefully, with the vaccine coming out, we will all be driving a lot more in 2021, and I can really put them to the test, but, given the aggressive tread and the snowflake rating, I feel pretty confident that they can take whatever comes. Whatever you decide, enjoy your ride!

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
6 to 1; half a dozen to another. ?‍♂

Reactions: EJH
OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
So if you guess haven’t peaked into the builds section. I wanted to update y’all seeing as y’all gave me your thoughts.

So originally I was stuck on the wildpeaks But after further research I realized they were under the Goodyear umbrella and for me I can’t support them.
So I went Saturday to get my suspension done, and order my wheels and tires. My shop let me know that all of their distributors had the general Grabbers on back order.

Well there was only one choice here so I went with the Toyo ATIII. After some research these for the price were a easy Choice, also I never considered them as I thought they were out of my price range. The owner laughed and told me they were 20 or so $ cheaper than the grabbers.

thanks again for the suggestions. I’ll have my wheels and tires done this weekend hopefully if shipping goes as planned

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
So if you guess haven’t peaked into the builds section. I wanted to update y’all seeing as y’all gave me your thoughts.

So originally I was stuck on the wildpeaks But after further research I realized they were under the Goodyear umbrella and for me I can’t support them.
So I went Saturday to get my suspension done, and order my wheels and tires. My shop let me know that all of their distributors had the general Grabbers on back order.

Well there was only one choice here so I went with the Toyo ATIII. After some research these for the price were a easy Choice, also I never considered them as I thought they were out of my price range. The owner laughed and told me they were 20 or so $ cheaper than the grabbers.

thanks again for the suggestions. I’ll have my wheels and tires done this weekend hopefully if shipping goes as planned
Out of curiosity why cant you support Goodyear tires? Just dont like the tires or is it for other reasons?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
it’s more of a personal reasons.
I am not trying to pry into your personal life, and if you don't like Goodyear for any reason, that is your business, but what do you mean that Falken Wildpeaks are "under the Goodyear umbrella"? Falken is a Japanese company that has corporate links to other Japanese companies, including Sumitomo Rubber North America. (I don't have any association with any of these companies, but I do run Falken Wildpeaks on my Ranger and am happy with them, and so I am curious as to the reason that you reject them. Is there something that I am missing about a relationship between Falken and Goodyear?)

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser

My nephew has them on a lifted diesel f250. He loves them. When my grabbers wear out, that's possibly where I'll go too. Toyo's were factory on my wife's last suv too (mazda cx5), and they were a great tire. For some reason though, they were only like 300 treadwear on an suv tire? Only got 20k miles out of them ha.
Sponsored