First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
I am not trying to pry into your personal life, and if you don't like Goodyear for any reason, that is your business, but what do you mean that Falken Wildpeaks are "under the Goodyear umbrella"? Falken is a Japanese company that has corporate links to other Japanese companies, including Sumitomo Rubber North America. (I don't have any association with any of these companies, but I do run Falken Wildpeaks on my Ranger and am happy with them, and so I am curious as to the reason that you reject them. Is there something that I am missing about a relationship between Falken and Goodyear?)
Yeah, so basically Falken is owned by Sumitomo rubber industries. Then in the 90s, Sumitomo and Goodyear basically agreed on a joint venture in the 90s to produce each other's tires for each respective market. Falken tires are not re-branded Goodyears as far as I'm aware though.
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, so basically Falken is owned by Sumitomo rubber industries. Then in the 90s, Sumitomo and Goodyear basically agreed on a joint venture in the 90s to produce each other's tires for each respective market. Falken tires are not re-branded Goodyears as far as I'm aware though.
Are Sumitomo and Falken still linked? Here is the link to an article dated 2015 that describes the dissolution of their alliance: https://www.autonews.com/article/20...ear-sumitomo-to-dissolve-global-tire-alliance

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
thanks Doug clarification, I didn’t mean it by they are re branded
Oh wow, didn't know that. Looks like Sumitomo and Goodyear dissolved their joint venture. Falken is still definitely owned by Sumitomo though. Good news, @Lost19Ranger , Falken has no ties with Goodyear!

that was a good find, I unfortunately didn’t see that when I did my weeks worth of research lol. Oh well I’m the Toyo I’m sure will be great.
But I do know for future purchases.

Thanks @RANGER_MARC for that Information, I wasn’t aware that happened.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer

that was a good find, I unfortunately didn’t see that when I did my weeks worth of research lol. Oh well I’m the Toyo I’m sure will be great.

Toyo is a good brand too, you can't go wrong there.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Hey, no problem, it looks like you ended up with a great tire anyway!

OP
OP
Lost19Ranger

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Toyo is a good brand too, you can't go wrong there.
you really can’t go wrong with any of the major brands it’s all personal preference and getting different opinions to form our own.
I will be keeping updates on the build thread how they work out over time.
Sponsored