Falken Wildpeaks

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
So your issue was more related to the wheel rather than the tire?
Yes. The wheel simply wasn't centered on the hub since the Ranger hub is smaller in diameter than the bore of the aftermarket wheel.
Sponsored

bentroia

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
Be aware of load range. Many of the popular tire sizes for Rangers come in various load ranges. C, E etc.

Know what yout getting into.

The new Tremor is specd with C.

20210321_155949~2.jpg

OP
OP
CO2Ranger

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Be aware of load range. Many of the popular tire sizes for Rangers come in various load ranges. C, E etc.

Know what yout getting into.

The new Tremor is specd with C.

20210321_155949~2.jpg
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking at 275/70r17 load c and leaning toward trying the Wildpeaks. They have more tread depth than most of the other offerings and check all the other boxes. Maybe I get lucky!

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking at 275/70r17 load c and leaning toward trying the Wildpeaks. They have more tread depth than most of the other offerings and check all the other boxes. Maybe I get lucky!
In all reality you will probably be happy with all of the tires we have all stated, wild peaks have been proven people love them.

I am happy with my Toyo AT3s but may move to general after these are gone.

You really can't go wrong they are all pretty damn good the main brands that we all speak of. I wouldn't trust a few brands but all of the ones on this thread are proven.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Have been researching tires looking for a solid set of ATs that aren't obnoxious on road but perform well in snow/rain/off-road. Many on here have run the Wildpeaks AT3s with success but I found quite a few other forums where users had several bad tires (vibration, etc.) with them and went through headache after headache trying to balance them to no avail. If the Falkens aren't the answer, are the Cooper AT3s a fair compromise?
I also had read some of the negative reviews about the Wildpeaks causing noise, vibration, etc. and so I was a bit concerned, but with the pandemic my dealer was understocked, and Falken was the only brand in the specifications I wanted, and the negative reviews were a small minority among an ocean of satisfied customers, and so I went with them anyway. I am very, very happy with the Wildpeaks, and I will keep on buying them in future. They run great, wear well, look sharp, and I have basically no road noise out of them, and so I do not know what people were talking about....

OP
OP
CO2Ranger

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also had read some of the negative reviews about the Wildpeaks causing noise, vibration, etc. and so I was a bit concerned, but with the pandemic my dealer was understocked, and Falken was the only brand in the specifications I wanted, and the negative reviews were a small minority among an ocean of satisfied customers, and so I went with them anyway. I am very, very happy with the Wildpeaks, and I will keep on buying them in future. They run great, wear well, look sharp, and I have basically no road noise out of them, and so I do not know what people were talking about....
Thanks! That's reassuring. You read good and bad things about any product and it does seem the Wildpeaks have more positive than negative out there so that's a plus.

12Bravo20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
retired
I was quite impressed with the Falken Wildpeak AT3 tires on my 2016 Jeep Cherokee. They were quiet and did very well in both heavy monsoon type rains and deep snow. I never really got into deep soupy mud with them though.

I will probably go with them again when the stock Hankook tires wear out. Though I'm not against other brands that are good in all types of terrain and weather. My main concerns are heavy rain and snow.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Man decisions, decisions, haha.

Anyone here have exp w/ any of these tires listed in the PNW? Its usually wet 8 months out of the year, and so the trails get a bit muddy. But don't want to sacrifice road driving performance either.

Reactions: EJH

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Take a look at Nitto's website on the Ridge Grapplers and the research they put into them. Can take mud, snow, wet, towing, whatever and are a great hybrid between all terrain tires and mud tires. Heavier/meatier than the Hankook but no where near as heavy as an LT. Also have good sidewall protection, which is why I bought them in the first place after popping a Hankook on the trail. Nitto engineered them to be quiet on the road as well. I get a small amount of road noise but nothing bothersome or even close to those other trucks I hear whizzing by. Also, one cool cosmetic feature, there are two sidewall designs to choose from and it is your choice during install which one suits your taste, found this out after I was already sold on the tires and was an added bonus

I was leaning heavily towards the Falken Wildpeak or BFG but after taking everything into account I chose the Nitto. Also a title sponsor of the KOH race out here in CA

OP
OP
CO2Ranger

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take a look at Nitto's website on the Ridge Grapplers and the research they put into them. Can take mud, snow, wet, towing, whatever and are a great hybrid between all terrain tires and mud tires. Heavier/meatier than the Hankook but no where near as heavy as an LT. Also have good sidewall protection, which is why I bought them in the first place after popping a Hankook on the trail. Nitto engineered them to be quiet on the road as well. I get a small amount of road noise but nothing bothersome or even close to those other trucks I hear whizzing by. Also, one cool cosmetic feature, there are two sidewall designs to choose from and it is your choice during install which one suits your taste, found this out after I was already sold on the tires and was an added bonus

I was leaning heavily towards the Falken Wildpeak or BFG but after taking everything into account I chose the Nitto. Also a title sponsor of the KOH race out here in CA
I looked at these too, but they don't come in the size I'm planning on running. Have heard good things about them though!

Heezy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
I put them on mine and they ride smooth no vibration and just as quite as stock. I love em.

FA7E45CA-4B5E-42BC-8F30-56E3665CABDD.jpeg

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
How come no ones ever mentioned the Scorpian Plus A/t? They seem to have good ratings/reviews. Just not as popular as Falken/Bfg

pdkernan

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Ranger_Rocks, are you at 2 inches on the level kit? Plenty of room from the crash bars? Was thinking about getting those Toyo's in 265/70/18. Just another inch. Thanks.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
General Grabber ATX on mine and I love them. I’ve heard the Falken Wildpeaks are also amazing though, I just liked how these looked better
89DDFF5D-ED5A-4D25-B448-1601EF70293E.jpeg
Sponsored