First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
True story, I was trying to diagnose a phantom low coolant light on another car of mine so I bought that blue fluid and the pump and I thought maybe I'll just smell the exhaust from 6 inches away to see if it smells sweet.. BIG mistake. Almost like the time I smelled the nozzle on a can of freshly sprayed bear mace.
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
No worries mate. That is just soot. The inside of the tips will eventually just be black. Clean them out with a rag at each wash and theyll stay cleanish for a few days.
I'm not sure where it/they are, but there seems to be one or more holes in the exhaust plumbing. I've noticed dime-size spots on my garage floor where apparently soot-laden condensation dripped out.
You may notice drips of water coming out of your neighbors' or coworkers' exhaust after they sat for several hours while the air temperature went down., The warm, moist exhaust hits the cool exhaust system and condenses. When the exhaust system in warm enough, ~5 minutes, the problem goes away.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure where it/they are, but there seems to be one or more holes in the exhaust plumbing. I've noticed dime-size spots on my garage floor where apparently soot-laden condensation dripped out.
You may notice drips of water coming out of your neighbors' or coworkers' exhaust after they sat for several hours while the air temperature went down., The warm, moist exhaust hits the cool exhaust system and condenses. When the exhaust system in warm enough, ~5 minutes, the problem goes away.
They're on the bottom of the muffler right at the seam in the middle. I noticed them myself a few months ago and took it to the dealer thinking it was a hole/defect - turns out they're intentional condensate holes to help prevent water buildup and rusting.
Sponsored