Engine cover (revisited)

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
The only metal to metal contact is a couple of standoffs. The hoist bracket is a much more solid piece with more contact and little air exposure. But maybe if the engine is hot with no air flow, like sitting without moving like you said, maybe it can get a little warm. It's probably being overly cautious.
In reality they probably don't want to get sued cause some idiot decided to grab it after heat soaking.
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.

Friday yet?

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Looks like crap without a cover on it and this does help with the noise of the motor.

IMG_9480.jpg
Got to agree. Love my truck but when I open the hood and look at it, the only "wow" that comes to mind are the hood struts that I added.

Unfortunately zero in the automotive world will replace the look of a nice V8 when you open the hood. Nor that spine tingling V8 sound when you put your foot in it.

What I want to see in my Tremor:
IMG_20230322_111739.gif

Reality:
IMG_20230322_111815.gif

But, I do love the performance of the 2.3L... even with the Singer engine sound. :LOL: Actually quite surprised at just how quick these trucks are.

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
How is this supposed to 1. quiet engine noise and 2. keep water out of the spark plugs? It's sheet metal with holes. And why does it have to say Caution Hot? Can't possibly get that hot.
1. it looks good. 2. my guess it will deflect some moisture. 3. It does not get that hot but with our law suit crazy society....my guess JCR's lawyer told them to put that on there.

21Blackout

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger
Occupation
Warranty Administrator for FMC
I have a 2023 Tremor and am slowly filling in the pieces that Ford deleted. The engine cover is an interesting item. You will find many Ford parts sites on line that offer it for under $180. On every site I tried, I filled in all my info, selected shipping and then when I clicked it came up as "problem with order." I even tried it with Levittown Ford, a sponsor of this site -- same thing! After making sure I typed all my info correct, I finally called one of the sites. They pulled up the number and said they couldn't sell it for under $300 despite the fact that they advertised it for $174.95. So, off to eBay where I got burned for 239.99 plus tax, making it $260.09. At least shipping was free. Oh well, now I can't wait for it to arrive!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274261585030
FYI TSB 23-2011

OP
OP

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
I really think Levittown Ford, a primary sponsor of this site should stop advertising this cover on line for $187.95 if they will not honor that price.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Dave in the future be sure to tag them @LevittownFordParts.com so they get a notification and will see your message to them. When you type the @ symbol and start typing - the website will give you suggestions of usernames so you won't have to remember their entire name.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I almost bought the JCR aftermarket metal cover but their site claims it can take five weeks to even get ready to ship.
Me too, except once I emailed them a few days after I ordered it, it was delivered within 10-14.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I did for engine cover. Eco Boost Mustang engine cover.

IMG_5214.jpg
IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg
IMG_5208.jpg
IMG_5197.jpg
IMG_5206.jpg
IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5220.jpg
IMG_5219.jpg

This should be a link to where I purchased from.

https://www.superfordparts.com/oem-...TpHYiCEuKUUDgYlUBiN-J0e-q5QN0ibxoCtWwQAvD_BwE

All hardware was obtained from my local True Value Hardware store.
Don't listen to others. Good on you for adapting and using your imagination to find a work around.

To counter one person's argument about unused holes, just plug them with some rubber grommets or plastic body part fasteners for a more finished look.

That cover even looks far better than the factory one.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
I'll also remind people that the Mustang cover idea came about during a period where the engine cover part was listed as "discontinued" and there was no certainty whether or not it would ever come back. It was a test for a possible solution and I also applaud it.

OP
OP

DaveT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Ranger Tremor
Occupation
retired
Don't listen to others. Good on you for adapting and using your imagination to find a work around.

To counter one person's argument about unused holes, just plug them with some rubber grommets or plastic body part fasteners for a more finished look.

That cover even looks far better than the factory one.
Some like it, some don’t. Nature of the game.
Sponsored