Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
Folks as a general PSA for the community:

If you Google the part number L1MZ6A949A

You may find a new one in a Ford dealer parts department across the country. I just found one in Richmond, VA for $60 new. Paying $20 shipping to NV so actually coming out under that eBay order.

As of this posting I'm seeing two more available at various dealers across the country.

Edit - for anybody curious why I'm so bent on getting one now; I've got $20 worth of hardware sitting here for it. I ordered the bolts and nuts when I got my eBay order in and the cover got famously cancelled lol. Who doesn't love a classic tail-wagging-dog scenario?
Sponsored

Last edited:

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
When I got mine - Friday, On-Line Part # L1MZ6A949AA - (Dealer-Website), thought it would be new part number(modified) - picked up cover and box had the old number L1MZ6A949A
Just a FYI - so I don't know if they are in transition over to a new one or not, I was just happy to get one. I asked parts counter about it, and he did not know.
So quite possibly the extra (A) may be the newest part number (IDK)

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
When I got mine - Friday, On-Line Part # L1MZ6A949AA - (Dealer-Website), thought it would be new part number(modified) - picked up cover and box had the old number L1MZ6A949A
Just a FYI - so I don't know if they are in transition over to a new one or not, I was just happy to get one. I asked parts counter about it, and he did not know.
So quite possibly the extra (A) may be the newest part number (IDK)
Did you receive it already? It seems others were able to order these when they showed in dealer stock but then the order was cancelled on them.

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
I bought a low mileage used cover & hardware from a member here, then I found two more new covers at dealers in North Dakota. I like keeping spare parts on hand, so I ordered one from the ND dealer and tossed it on the shelf.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I bought a low mileage used cover & hardware from a member here, then I found two more new covers at dealers in North Dakota. I like keeping spare parts on hand, so I ordered one from the ND dealer and tossed it on the shelf.
hoarder! ?

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor (SOLD 12-14-2023)
Occupation
RETIRED!
hoarder! ?
It is a bad habit I've developed and in the end, it usually winds up costing my $$ because I can't get rid of the stuff once it is no longer needed. :confused:

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Via Ford's parts site, old cover shows backordered. New part numbers show nonexistent.

:headbang:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Via Ford's parts site, old cover shows backordered. New part numbers show nonexistent.

:headbang:
'fraid so. I wonder if Ford's supplier could make and market them as an aftermarket item, or as I suspect, Ford may have owned the patents and tooling and had a supplier manufacture them.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
'fraid so. I wonder if Ford's supplier could make and market them as an aftermarket item, or as I suspect, Ford may have owned the patents and tooling and had a supplier manufacture them.
Glad I took the one of my '19. I knew it was going to be a collectors item one day! Now it'll be sooner than later. šŸ˜œ

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Whole engine cover thing is frustrating. I'd like to have one for both (1) potential water issue and (2) under hood appearance.

Oh well. 1st world problems, right?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Go to Levittown, a sponsor of ours. Should get it in 30 to 45 days.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Glad I took the one of my '19. I knew it was going to be a collectors item one day! Now it'll be sooner than later. šŸ˜œ
10-4. I bought one for mine shortly after I got the truck. She gets more rare every day:
  • 2021 Supercab 6ft box- no 6ft box config's for 2024- all SuperCrew/5ft box only.
  • Factory hood shuts
  • First year for STX Special Edition Package, only year for 18" machined rim wheels- 17" all black for 2022-23.
  • First year Carbonized Grey available
  • Two speed transfer case w/Terrain mgmt and 4L crawl control- no 4L on 2024 non-Raptor 4x4s? Terrain mgmt?
  • Removable console tray

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Go to Levittown, a sponsor of ours. Should get it in 30 to 45 days.
If they have any old stock. They disappeared from the catalog sometime in 2022, IIRC. Worth a try, though. You might also try LKQ; a national chain of salvage yards.
Sponsored

Last edited: