First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I hate where Ford located the Emergency Flasher light switch on my 2020 Ford Lariat Ranger. It seems like every time I try to touch an option on the lower portion of my touch screen, I inadvertently activate my emergency flashers. Anyone else also do this?
Sponsored

gcan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
You’re not alone, and my wife’s Edge is set up the same

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
I don't like it either. Too close to where I rest my hand to access the screen. Something that is used so seldomly doesn't need such a prominent location.

samsd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4 HPR, 2016 Town and Country, 2004 Road King Custom
Occupation
Retired
Respectfully, I have to disagree. I like the location and I use my flashers frequently when I do my Meals on Wheels routes for parking on the street in front of the houses I deliver to. I have never turned it on accidently. Now the Chrysler family of mini vans has a location and smaller button that can be difficult to use. I help out the local flower shop on special occasions when they need delivery help and they have the mini vans. Full disclosure, I am retired FedEx and usage of flashers is 2nd nature to me. Remember when the flashers used to be on a pull out button on the side of the steering column?

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Respectfully, I have to disagree. I like the location and I use my flashers frequently when I do my Meals on Wheels routes for parking on the street in front of the houses I deliver to. I have never turned it on accidently. Now the Chrysler family of mini vans has a location and smaller button that can be difficult to use. I help out the local flower shop on special occasions when they need delivery help and they have the mini vans. Full disclosure, I am retired FedEx and usage of flashers is 2nd nature to me. Remember when the flashers used to be on a pull out button on the side of the steering column?
I may have used mine once, in 50 years of driving. I sure don't need it right near where I put my hand all the time.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I may have used mine once, in 50 years of driving. I sure don't need it right near where I put my hand all the time.
I've never hit mine once but I'd like to see them go back to placing on the steering column. I'm like you have have hardly ever used mine in all my years of driving. I'm not saying it's not necessary to have them but I don't think it needs to be this huge button dead center of the dash for something so rarely used. The darn climate controls are used all the time yet are the smallest and hardest to see. :crazy:

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I've never had a problem with it and my last 5 vehicles all had it there. But I never rest my hand on the touchscreen bezel so ??‍♂

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
No, never had a problem controlling my hand
I guess you don't have essential tremor like I do. Must be nice to be you.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
its in an obvious place for a reason.
you've likely never been in the go fast lane during rush hour and had a mechanical problem.
trust me, you want it front and center so you can hit it, notify everyone behind you and safely move off the highway.
fumbling for it, wondering goddammit wheres that flasher, is too late and someones up in your ass, and/or cars are blowing by you as you get stuck in the bad side of hell.
and, if you have a passenger, they can find it too, if your hands are full of a wobbling steering wheel, or if your ass is puckerering at the seat so hard and the forehead sweat is blinding you.
Very true, it does need to be in an easy to find location. There are other easy to find locations on the dash, that might not be so close to a busy hand location.

Jon S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew
I don't like it either. Too close to where I rest my hand to access the screen. Something that is used so seldomly doesn't need such a prominent location.
You are missing the point. They are placed so you can get to it in an EMERGENCY very easily. Sometimes just by touch. It’s also the reason most switches are totally different than any other button on the dash. It should be seen or accessed by ANY occupant. It’s also easy for first responders to access. Could you imagine trying to find it if we’re placed in a spot you couldn’t see? It’s meant to be known location. I have never turned it on by accident.... I do realize that after a airbag deployment or emergency braking, most newer vehicles, like the Ranger, turn them on automatically. I rather hit it by mistake then have the switch buried somewhere.

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Jon, I guess you missed my point that there are other easy to find locations on the dash that are not near a busy hand usage area.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Remember when the flashers used to be on a pull out button on the side of the steering column?
Took me a second to figure out how to turn 'em off the first time.
The darn climate controls are used all the time yet are the smallest and hardest to see. :crazy:
Are they though?

Mine is always on auto. I'll hit the max defrost or max cool button 2-3 times a week at most.
Very true, it does need to be in an easy to find location. There are other easy to find locations on the dash, that might not be so close to a busy hand location.
Why is that a busy hand location? What are you fussing with so much while you drive? Can you use voice controls or steering wheel buttons?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
I hate where Ford located the Emergency Flasher light switch on my 2020 Ford Lariat Ranger. It seems like every time I try to touch an option on the lower portion of my touch screen, I inadvertently activate my emergency flashers. Anyone else also do this?
That is one of my pet peeves, have done it several times.
Sponsored